Coffee

Reminder to self, when meeting China bring coffee Originally Posted by Docdave
Sounds good, but only if our meeting is at 10 in the morn.
China Doll over 400 posts. Anita getting close to 200. Does China need to cut out some coffee, or Anita have more? 1 pot, Anita my kinda girl. Originally Posted by offshoredrilling
OSD, if there is a correlation between amount of coffee imbibed and the number of posts, then it would appear based on these data to be a negative correlation. In layman's terms, as the number of cups of coffee increases, the number of posts goes down. So, if I cut out my monthly cup of coffee, my number of posts would decrease. Is this what you want?

I really like coffee . . . Two cups in the morning, another one in late afternoon . . . or in summer, a tall iced coffee . . . or iced latte if stopping by the coffee place . . .

I like the flavor, I like the aroma, I like the warmth, I like the boost . . .

Can you tell I've had my morning coffee?
I am an espresso lover, I have a small Breville Espresso maker and I make Americano's, I like to do long shots, which is two shots of espresso, then pull two more shots through the same grounds, that's the long shot. Also love red eye which is a cup of drip coffee with a shot of espresso. I know a guy who would drink coffee and have a panic attack, he doesn't drink coffee anymore. Robbie Coltrane, Hagrid, of the Harry Potter movies once stated he was drinking 65 shots of espresso a day. I am thinking he went to rehab for caffeine addiction.
China Doll over 400 posts. Anita getting close to 200. Does China need to cut out some coffee, or Anita have more? 1 pot, Anita my kinda girl. Originally Posted by offshoredrilling
OSD, if there is a correlation between amount of coffee imbibed and the number of posts, then it would appear based on these data to be a negative correlation. In layman's terms, as the number of cups of coffee increases, the number of posts goes down. So, if I cut out my monthly cup of coffee, my number of posts would decrease. Is this what you want?

Originally Posted by China Doll
mmmmmm now that backfired on me big time. Now how did I do that. Maybe I just best get to painting my house Na thats no fun.
No, please keep posting. I find your every post to be a gem. Agree with you 90% of the time. Yet still like the other 10%.

And I am not just your . mmmm that sounds like fun.

OSD

PS: Now who will help me get the paint out of my mop I call hair. For I can not look at a paint bursh without getting some in my hair.

First read news paper with another cup
ohhhmyyyyGooodddd I sooo forgot about how much I love Iced coffeee!!!!!
I sooo love that iced coffeee....
I'm pretty normal and maintain very well during the day with the amount of coffee I drink...I have a lot going on during the day..I believe though, if i were to up the intake of the coffeee per day..yes..id be running marathons cuz the bouncing of the whole caffene thing....I do know one thing..I tend to type very fast when I drink a lot of coffee..
and i misspell more and really don't care about the spell check at that time..i cant sit down long enough to actually do the spell check...that is why I limit myself....gotta cut the loss someplace and the spell check is it....however is a lil bubbly person all that bad...naaaawwww not in my book!!!!!!
  • Doove
  • 08-06-2010, 02:50 PM
I really like coffee . . . Two cups in the morning, another one in late afternoon Originally Posted by SlowHand49
I'm kinda quirky when it comes to my drinking habits. At work, first thing in the morning i almost think i can't help myself - i just need to have some. But i'll rarely have any after 10AM. That is, unless i go to a restaurant where, again, i almost think i can't help myself. But at home, there are maybe only 1 or 2 weeks a year when i make more than 1 pot in the entirety of the week.

So at work (at least in the early morning) and at restaurants, i tend to display the tendencies of an addict, but at home i really have little use for it at all. Not sure what that means, exactly, but there ya have it.
Well I drink about 10 cups of coffee in the morning..yes..10..

It may be bad for me.. Originally Posted by anita germane
Actually, what is REALLY cool about coffee is that many, many studies have failed to find any real adverse effects on health. Oh, they've tried like hell. But completely failed. It seems to be perfectly safe, even for elderly folks and people with high blood pressure.

There have even been a few studies that show beneficial effects. The most notable was one from a few years ago that seemed to show that coffee could prevent some of the liver damage caused by excessive alcohol intake.

Now of course, YMMV. Some people have adverse reactions and should understandably avoid it. But for the rest of us, drink up and enjoy without worry! The worst thing it is probably doing to you is perhaps staining your teeth a little.
Rooster, you are so right! The only studies I have read about show health benefits. Of course there could be indirect adverse effects from excess caffeine, like, say, long term dehydration or sleep deprivation. Some people also experience heart palpitations, but usually this is when they consume an amount far beyond the effective dose.

I drink coffee so infrequently because I do not want to get addicted, but that's just because I don't like the idea of being addicted to something. It's probably a good thing, because overly bubbly people can get pretty annoying.
  • Tiger
  • 08-08-2010, 04:36 PM
Some people also experience heart palpitations, but usually this is when they consume an amount far beyond the effective dose. Originally Posted by China Doll

I thought heart palpitations came from seeing a favorite provider.
because overly bubbly people can get pretty annoying. Originally Posted by China Doll
That sounds like a very fine wine!
I only wish coffee had this effect on my self. I am ADHD and you would think by myself drinking coffee, I would be bouncing off the walls, but it actually just makes me happy. Don't mess with me before my first cup of coffee.. I can be quit moody I drink one cup a day, maybe sometimes going to Starbucks or Dunkin Donuts in the afternoon for an ice coffee or coffee coolatta and that's it. And 10 cups a day! Wow I would be in the bathroom and not in the bedroom providing. God lord sweetie your bladder must be huge! There is just no way I could ever drink that, though I don't doubt people do.