A judge gave Trump 30 days to pay the $454 million civil fraud judgment. He'll owe an additional $112,000 in interest each day he doesn't.

Yeah apples and oranges.

A mortgage involves using independent appraisers and establishing value on the average 3 bedroom with attached garage can be done pretty quickly by anyone with access to the internet. I am not sure what folks think they are gaining by trying to excuse the lies with 'but the bank has their own process' as if that somehow changes the facts of the case.

"Donald Trump rarely responded to the questions asked, and he frequently interjected long, irrelevant speeches on issues far beyond the scope of the trial," the judge wrote. "His refusal to answer the questions directly, or in some cases, at all, severely compromised his credibility."

Not exactly conduct that inspires mercy from a judge. Originally Posted by DNinja69
The banks testified that they were completely happy with the loans. They were paid back in full and on time and they wanted to continue to do business with the Trump organization. The bank didn’t file this suit, Peekaboo did. So where’s the victim. I suppose you buy what the Assclown Judge’s appraisal of Mara Largo at 18 million. If so, you live in the same alternate universe as the “judge”.
The people who obey the law are the victims. Trump lied and committed fraud. Everyone does it is no excuse!
The banks testified that they were completely happy with the loans. They were paid back in full and on time and they wanted to continue to do business with the Trump organization. The bank didn’t file this suit, Peekaboo did. So where’s the victim. I suppose you buy what the Assclown Judge’s appraisal of Mara Largo at 18 million. If so, you live in the same alternate universe as the “judge”. Originally Posted by bambino
Hmm I wonder why the banks did that? Would speaking publicly otherwise have led to repercussions? Hmm.

I never said the banks were not lined up to do business with Trump or did not profit off the deal. What he did constitutes fraud regardless if its 'how the game is played' and his penalty seems excessive but not by that much when you factor in what he made off the lies. If you are advocating for Trump to get a pass then why not the Bidens also? If having money and influence gets you favor should it not be across the board?
Trump is probably into the banks for so many millions and they would lend him money easily hoping they get all of it back. Because if he reneges they would lose millions so they take a chance and give him what he wants hoping they will end up getting it all back.

In other words the Banks ass is puckering hoping he will pay them back and they take his word for a lot of his properties. Originally Posted by Cody69

... The Judge deciding "Fraud" - when ALL the people
involved in the business transactions claim that there was
No Fraud - now has them being the victims of SLANDER.
By both the Judge and Lititia James.

So no doubt the banks and the Trump Foundation will be seeking
damages against the state of New York for that.

#### Salty Originally Posted by Salty Again

Hey Salty, I've got a better idea.

Let's figure out how to use New York's Executive Statute §63 (12) - the obscure law that is being flagrantly abused by Tish James and her cat's paw Judge Engeron - against them.

In his over-the-top opinion, Judge Kangaroo said Mar-a-Lago is only worth its tax-assessed value of $18 million. That's absurd.

Why can't we sue Judge Kangaroo under Executive Statute §63 (12) for fraudulently DEFLATING the value of this property for his own political gain?

In lieu of "disgorgement", we can have him thrown off the bench!

Every realtor in Palm Beach will testify against Judge Kangaroo!

See my link here:

https://eccie.net/showpost.php?p=106...5&postcount=85
The banks testified that they were completely happy with the loans. They were paid back in full and on time and they wanted to continue to do business with the Trump organization. The bank didn’t file this suit, Peekaboo did. So where’s the victim. I suppose you buy what the Assclown Judge’s appraisal of Mara Largo at 18 million. If so, you live in the same alternate universe as the “judge”. Originally Posted by bambino

mebbe Mar-a-Lago is "only" worth 18 million dollars bam! it depends. isn't that the point of all this? valuations are both scientific to a degree and arbitrary. and location matters. or at least in real estate that's what they say!!! bahhaaaa

you could say Mar-a-Lago is "only" worth 18M due to the fact that Trump had to agree to a deed codicil to convert Mar-a-Lago from a private residence to a private club. that said, many real estate valuation experts would say 18M is a "low ball" estimate,

and the deed restriction doesn't stop Trump from selling Mar-a-Lago as a private residence (buyer beware you can't subdiv it).

what's the over/under of Mar-a-Lago as a 75M private property?

what Judge Engoron has done is re-evaluated these property valuations and taken the "low value" of these properties and arbitrarily decided before any rebuttal could be presented that because Trump valued these properties HIGHER than his revisionist history "real estate experts" (did they bother to use the correct era market data or fudged CURRENT values at Trump's expense in this fiction)?

oh and let's not forget once again .. the "aggrieved" .. those Banks, aren't getting a DIME for this "crime" against them

so what's James gonna do with all that ill-gotten loot?

BAHHAAA

Hmm I wonder why the banks did that? Would speaking publicly otherwise have led to repercussions? Hmm.

I never said the banks were not lined up to do business with Trump or did not profit off the deal. What he did constitutes fraud regardless if its 'how the game is played' and his penalty seems excessive but not by that much when you factor in what he made off the lies. If you are advocating for Trump to get a pass then why not the Bidens also? If having money and influence gets you favor should it not be across the board? Originally Posted by DNinja69

in the case of Deutsche Bank it wasn't their commercial real estate branch that lent to Trump it was a division specializing in getting biz loans from high net-worth people. like Trump. were their lending requirements more lax and rates perhaps better? maybe but it's not fraud.

this judge even if completely aware of the fact that Trump wasn't actually getting in many cases like Deutsche Bank a standard real estate loan but in fact a private equity loan and pledged enough assets that regardless of the valuation Deutsche Bank accepted and granted the loan.

i'm quite sure this little factoid meant nothing to Engoron in his rush to slam this garbage on Trump. just in time for the campaign!

brilliant!
... GRAND legal points there, mates.

Some of that is WHY Trump's barristers asked for the 30-day delay.
So Engoron is sure that New York wants to proceed with this
before appeal. .... Damages will occur.
Seeing-as how BROKE New York State is going now, do they really
wanna be liable for MORE damages $$$$....

Not to mention - Deutsche Bank's own reputation - being a party
to "this much fraud" (but NO victims), is being damaged as well.

The Bank has surely stated that they WANTED to lend the money.
And the Judge is implying that they aided in the "Fraud"...

#### Salty
Ah yes, all the legal scholars in here just know that trump is innocent

Maybe trump should look to the Pittsburgh Sandbox on Eccie to hire his next lawyer?