Other Things To Do In Dallas beside

@Angelina... Note taken.
gina, not sure where you will be staying, but know that there are THREE "aquariums" in the dallas metro area.

1. Children's Aquarium at Fair Park [about 2.5 miles east of downtown but accessible via the DART Green Line] - it's been updated but still an older venue and more geared for kids.
http://www.childrensaquariumfairpark.com/index.html

2. Dallas World Aquarium - downtown at 1801 N Griffin St Dallas, TX 75202.
it has a cool "tropical aviary/waterfall/pool" area, some standard tanks w/ sealife from around the world, a shark tank, penguins, a Mayan area, ets. kinda pricey at around $21 but a great place.
http://www.dwazoo.com/

3. SEA LIFE Grapevine Aquarium at Grapevine Mills, 3000 Grapevine Mills Pkwy, Grapevine, TX 76051. havent been but have not heard people raving about it. $20 but $5 discount if bought online.
https://www.visitsealife.com/grapevine/

if you like all forms of art, including a great new exhibit on Incan textiles & pottery, check out the Dallas Museum of Art downtown, just south of the Klyde Warren Park. good food in the Artium dining area, which has "Dallas Flowers" by Dale Chihuly.
https://www.dma.org/
across Harwood St down Flora St. is the Nasher Sculpture Garden [$10-15 fee] and the Crown Museum of Asian Art [free].
keep walking down Flora and see the largest arts district in the USA [in acreage, not necessarily in content] - symphony hall, opera/performing arts center, theatre, public arts center, Dallas public Arts Magnet high school.

btw, Klyde Warren Park is a green space between downtown and Uptown. tables & chairs, books/mags/newspapers, pingPong/foosball, and some food trucks. there is a restaurant on the north side of the park, but rather pricey. across the street on the north side is "Lark on the Park" restaurant. again pricey but very good.

enjoy your visit to "our fair city"!!!
By far.....the best thing to do (in Dallas)...
*after you've shopped / eaten / seen 6th floor etc
Is to go to Fort Worth....tons more stuff there (from a tourist standpoint)
well as for guns .. maybe that be a thing to check out

I know one kind of gun I like .... :
pmdelites thanks for that info ,,,,
well I will not be lonely now I have a sexy super busty friend to pay with this trip
Please no rain for Gina38ff and Sadie38DD we need to see the sites
in Dallas this time ...
No football or hockey this time of year but horse racing at Lone Star Park in Grand Prarie is in full effect Thurs-Sun through July. Close to Six Flags in Arlington.
Perot Science Museum is a great way to spend all day. Downtown Dallas about 15 mins from Galleria depending on traffic. And very close to the aquarium.
Downtown Fort Worth, particularly on a weekend night.
Stockyards, north of Downtown Fort Worth.
If you're into museums, check out the Kimbell west of Downtown.
Dallas Museum of Art.
Ft. Worth Museum of Modern Art
Kimble Museun Ft. Worth
Meadows Museum at SMU -- lots of 15th-18th Century Spanish stuff. Small and very nice.
Then you're going to be disappointed in the Dallas Aquarium. I'm not saying it is not cool, but not ocean like at all.

All other suggestions so far are fun. Originally Posted by Knight2554
I wanted to chime in about the Dallas World Aquarium that is downtown. I find it to be an rather interesting place but it's not very large, and well, it's expensive. The last time that I was there, with a client/friend, we were out in 30 minutes or so.

I've been there several times, and I have to agree with Mr. Knight above, it's disappointing if you're used to visiting aquariums.

REALLY ... depends on what you like to do.

I will second the museums in town. If you wish to make an afternoon of it, the Dallas Musuem of Art, The Nasher, and the Trammel Crow Collection of Asian Art makes for a nice trio of things to do. And they're right next to each other.

And if you're closer to SMU, then the Meadow's Museum is really great.

The Fort Worth cultural areas are phenomenal, too. The Kimbell is my favorite museum in this area. Smallish and nice.

The Fort Worth Zoo is nice and can be combined with a trip to the Japanese Water Gardens, which is adjacent to the Botanical Gardens in Fort Worth, which is a LOT different than the Dallas Arboretum, another joyful place to visit.

Dallas in a cosmopolitan town. So whatever you enjoy, there will be something there for you to indulge in.

You know what I would like to do? Sounds silly but I would like to go to the Mesquite Rodeo. Anyone wish to join me?

Elisabeth
Bush Presidential Museum

Perot Science Museum

Clyde Warren Park

Dallas Aquarium

Rangers Baseball game

Frisco Roughriders Baseball game

Allen American Hockey Game (They are in the playoffs now)

Top Golf (numerous locations)

Dallas Arboretum

White Rock Lake Originally Posted by M69
I don't believe we have met....but I BET we would have lots of common interest. You should come meet my monkey!

Add to that list...... The Sixth Floor Museum...... if you are a history buff you will love it!
http://www.jfk.org/
Please no rain for Gina38ff and Sadie38DD we need to see the sites
in Dallas this time ... Originally Posted by LustyBustyGina38FF

I know love I don't want to be stuck indoors all the time ! We might float away ...

Looks like lots off fun stuff for the area I cant wait!
Yeah, forgot about the Nasher. Nice art, but an amazing building. Renzo Piano at his finest.