Au Natural...up top

HELP!!!! I'm at a loss coming from
no hair to a head full of natural hair. I have NO clue what to
do w/this hair. It's like velcro (giggles)
and i don't want to cut it. Any help
is appreciated. Thx! Originally Posted by Seeking ~P

I'd recommend a silk press to flatten it out with no relaxer required. ♡

I've tried the natural thing before but I confess I just love my weaves : ) Plus being a hairdresser myself I can never keep one look for too long.
HELP!!!! I'm at a loss coming from
no hair to a head full of natural hair. I have NO clue what to
do w/this hair. It's like velcro (giggles)
and i don't want to cut it. Any help
is appreciated. Thx! Originally Posted by Seeking ~P
To help you out, I would need to see you in person completely naked. Even then I couldn't really help, but I wouldn't trying it anyways.
If its like Velcro that means it's too dry. A creamy shampoo, detangler, and leave I'm conditioner is needed, and maybe a weekly hot oil treatment.
I was watching BET yesterday...

http://www.mizani.com
thanks wakeup!

http://www.mizani.com/your-hair--ins...-hair-movement

I wasn't aware it was a movement now but hey that works... thanks alot, I've been looking for more product.

This is what I usually do, bantu knots are great especially if you're transitioning from relaxed to natural, once you untwist it your hair will have more control and curl.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFHp6MExqkY
Do Weaves and Wefts Take Away From a True Ebony Experience??

Great thread LD, I had similar questions myself after going natural... My hair dreaded up so I did the big chop AGAIN and will likely do a texturizer. Originally Posted by Eva Damita
Don't give up chica! With time and the right product you can get that natural bangin. If you're creative you can get versatile with it also, I enjoy goddess braids and updos as much as the next girl. I'm so much happier since I left the weave and wigs alone, it sucked not being able to wash my hair after every single appointment, and the way hair holds smells is unreal. Do it Eva!
thanks wakeup! Originally Posted by Luxury Daphne

Huhhhhhhhh? I was just about to comment, but that "thanks wakeup" really messed my head up. I'll be back later
No problem. Was peepin' Stomp The Yard...figured it was relevant here...
Huhhhhhhhh? I was just about to comment, but that "thanks wakeup" really messed my head up. I'll be back later Originally Posted by Brooke Wilde
LOL
I've always though natural hair was so sexy on black women. I'm a hypocrite because I get keratin to make my tight frizzy waves flat. If this was the eighties I wouldn't have to do much to get "mall hair".
So I've been going natural with my hair for the past almost 9 months now and I am loving it! It's more common in black culture (African and AA) for black girls to straighten or relax their hair rather than going natural. I was always a fan of Solange (even before the elevator scene lol) and one of my favorite artists, Esperanza Spaulding, has always been an inspiration to me style-wise. No more having to worry about it getting wet, I can wash it as much as I want to, and yes, you can touch it grab it and pull it. I was surprised to notice with the right care how soft and super curly my natural hair is!

At work today goofing off with a coworker and decided to take some selfies of my au natural do and my face too (I go without makeup most of the time too, especially at my rw job, too much of my surroundings are white and it never fails I get makeup on something! I wear makeup for you though! )

How many other ladies that hobby like to go au natural and let it all hang out (their hair that is) ?

footnote: Ladies other than AA you can respond too, women of all colors feel the pressure of the norm.. extensions, overstyling, etc.

Originally Posted by Luxury Daphne
You are absolutely beautiful! If I had your skin and features, I would never wear makeup or mess with my hair. You got it!

I wear at least a little makeup most days.
If its like Velcro that means it's too dry. A creamy shampoo, detangler, and leave I'm conditioner is needed, and maybe a weekly hot oil treatment. Originally Posted by Luxury Daphne
Yep that's prolly it, I wash it every morning and let it dry w/out putting anything or doing anything else to it.
I've never known how to maintain it which is why i shaved it all off in the first place

Off to the beauty supply store ....
^^^^
~P looks hot with or without hair!
Yep that's prolly it, I wash it every morning and let it dry w/out putting anything or doing anything else to it.
I've never known how to maintain it which is why i shaved it all off in the first place

Off to the beauty supply store .... Originally Posted by Seeking ~P
I used to shave my hair and wear wigs for the same reason, but that shit is hot as hell and wigs hold smells worse than real hair. Whatever products you buy shouldn't be watery, but all of them creamy and with some weight. I'll post some of the products I use in a lil bit.

You are absolutely beautiful! If I had your skin and features, I would never wear makeup or mess with my hair. You got it!

I wear at least a little makeup most days. Originally Posted by Holly Love
Thank you gorgeous. I attribute it to good genes; you should see my mother.

Originally Posted by Luxury Daphne
Great smile.