RICK PERRY JUST FUCKED HIS CHANCES AT NATIONAL OFFICE !!!!!!

Not true............but if you have the page from the Healthcare.gov web site...please post. Originally Posted by Whirlaway
http://healthinsurance.about.com/od/...-Insurance.htm

http://healthaffairs.org/blog/2011/0...itching-plans/
The Affordable Care Act appropriately establishes an initial open enrollment period (before exchanges first make coverage available, starting in January 2014), as well as annual open enrollment periods in subsequent years. In an open enrollment period, people would be free to sign up for a plan or switch plans. Only in limited circumstances would people be able to enroll in or switch plans outside of an open enrollment period.
This restriction is a critical feature: it ensures that individuals and families don’t wait until they get sick to enroll in coverage, or switch to more comprehensive coverage when they are about to have an expensive medical procedure. That is a problem Massachusetts initially faced under its health reform initiative, but the state recently tightened its exchange enrollment rules in response to reports that people were enrolling in coverage for short periods and then dropping coverage after receiving medical services. At the same time, however, it is essential to ensure that people have the freedom to move into coverage or into different coverage when they experience certain changes in their lives in the course of the year.
HHS’s exchange rule proposes an initial open enrollment period that would run from October 1, 2013 through February 28, 2014, with shorter annual enrollment periods (October 15 through December 7) in subsequent years. An extended initial open enrollment is particularly important because individuals and families will need time to understand their new plan options and enroll in coverage when the exchanges get up and running. An enrollment period of at least five months would also spread out the work of enrolling millions of new beneficiaries through exchanges.

https://www.healthcare.gov/glossary/...llment-period/
The loophole that allows people to enroll anytime:

In an open enrollment period, people would be free to sign up for a plan or switch plans. Only in limited circumstances would people be able to enroll in or switch plans outside of an open enrollment period.

Don't believe for a second that it will be "only in limited circumstances"...........that phrase is not defined by the AHCA, and the exception will be wider than a mack truck !!!!!!!

I don't believe for a second that the government will turn down a sick family who needs insurance but didn't follow the rules laid out by liberal bureaucrats. The very existence of the loophole speaks to the farce that is all things Obamacare.
  • CJ7
  • 09-27-2013, 01:05 PM
Not true............but if you have the page from the Healthcare.gov web site...please post. Originally Posted by Whirlaway

the first enrollment period is from (this) Oct 1st to the end of March next year.. it claims to take an average of 2 weeks to be enrolled...

you'd assume the enrollment periods are once a year, maybe twice a year, but not everyday just waiting for an individual to get sick
And enrollment approvals will include all pre existing; someone can wait til the get cancer diagnosis, then sign up under a loophole and get coverage for $100,000 of treatment, but pay a fine of $95 for not enrolling.
  • CJ7
  • 09-27-2013, 01:12 PM
And approval in the enrollment won't be because of pre existing conditions; hence anyone can sign up when they get sick and get coverage for their illness..... Originally Posted by Whirlaway

here ya go sport ..

Will I be required to purchase a health insurance plan during this period? – If you wish to enroll in a health reform-compliant plan, you will need to enroll during this open enrollment period unless you qualify for a “qualifying event”. If you don’t purchase a health reform-compliant plan, you may be subject to a tax penalty.
What happens if I don’t purchase during the open enrollment period? – Outside of open enrollment, your ability to apply for health insurance may vary from state to state. It may be limited to the occurrence of a qualifying event, such as the loss of a job, a marriage or divorce, a move, or the birth of a child.
What if I miss open enrollment and don’t have a qualifying event? – You may be able to purchase a non-compliant plan or a short-term health insurance plan, but these won’t meet the standards of the Affordable Care Act and their benefits will likely not be as comprehensive
Read the loophole language...................... .

In an open enrollment period, people would be free to sign up for a plan or switch plans. Only in limited circumstances would people be able to enroll in or switch plans outside of an open enrollment period.

Don't believe for a second that it will be "only in limited circumstances"...........that phrase is not defined by the AHCA, and the exception will be wider than a mack truck !!!!!!!

I don't believe for a second that the government will turn down a sick family who needs insurance but didn't follow the rules laid out by liberal bureaucrats. The very existence of the loophole speaks to the farce that is all things Obamacare. Originally Posted by Whirlaway
  • CJ7
  • 09-27-2013, 01:20 PM
the damn gubmint may not turn you down but if youre REALLY disabled it takes A LONG time for the gubmint to qualify you and start your benefits ..

I don't believe for a second that the government will turn down a sick family who needs insurance but didn't follow the rules laid out by liberal bureaucrats. The very existence of the loophole speaks to the farce that is all things Obamacare. Originally Posted by Whirlaway
When Could People Switch Plans Outside Open Enrollment Periods?
The HHS rule also lays out a number of “triggering events” that would allow people to enroll in or switch their exchange coverage during a “special enrollment period” outside the annual open enrollment period. For example, people who lose job-based insurance, or lose Medicaid coverage because of an increase in income can enroll in an exchange plan. Other triggering events include marriage, divorce, and the birth or adoption of a child.
Generally, people who switch from one exchange plan to another during a special enrollment period would have to remain in the same coverage level (Bronze, Silver, Gold, or Platinum). They could, for example, change from one Bronze plan to another, but they could not jump from a Bronze plan to a Silver plan (or vice versa) until the next annual open enrollment period. This restriction is apparently intended to protect insurers from cases in which people discover that they need an expensive procedure or surgery and switch mid-year to a plan with more comprehensive coverage. But there may be a range of instances when a consumer subject to a special enrollment period should have the ability to change plan levels.
  • CJ7
  • 09-27-2013, 01:30 PM
so if you don't enroll and pay a penalty, you wait until the annual enrollment period starts, or go buy a non-compliant AHCA plan or a short-term health insurance plan that doesn't cover your pre existing condition/sickness

got that whirlie?
here ya go sport ..

Will I be required to purchase a health insurance plan during this period? – If you wish to enroll in a health reform-compliant plan, you will need to enroll during this open enrollment period unless you qualify for a “qualifying event”. If you don’t purchase a health reform-compliant plan, you may be subject to a tax penalty.
What happens if I don’t purchase during the open enrollment period? – Outside of open enrollment, your ability to apply for health insurance may vary from state to state. It may be limited to the occurrence of a qualifying event, such as the loss of a job, a marriage or divorce, a move, or the birth of a child.
What if I miss open enrollment and don’t have a qualifying event? – You may be able to purchase a non-compliant plan or a short-term health insurance plan, but these won’t meet the standards of the Affordable Care Act and their benefits will likely not be as comprehensive Originally Posted by CJ7
here ya go sport ..https://www.ehealthinsurance.com/aff...ent-the-basics
  • CJ7
  • 09-27-2013, 01:38 PM
here ya go sport ..https://www.ehealthinsurance.com/aff...ent-the-basics Originally Posted by IIFFOFRDB

thanks again !

kinda nice having a personal assistant follow me around and do a little extra work for me

and FREE too !!!!!!

keep up the good work !
When Could People Switch Plans Outside Open Enrollment Periods?
The HHS rule also lays out a number of “triggering events” that would allow people to enroll in or switch their exchange coverage during a “special enrollment period” outside the annual open enrollment period. For example, people who lose job-based insurance, or lose Medicaid coverage because of an increase in income can enroll in an exchange plan. Other triggering events include marriage, divorce, and the birth or adoption of a child.
Generally, people who switch from one exchange plan to another during a special enrollment period would have to remain in the same coverage level (Bronze, Silver, Gold, or Platinum). They could, for example, change from one Bronze plan to another, but they could not jump from a Bronze plan to a Silver plan (or vice versa) until the next annual open enrollment period. This restriction is apparently intended to protect insurers from cases in which people discover that they need an expensive procedure or surgery and switch mid-year to a plan with more comprehensive coverage. But there may be a range of instances when a consumer subject to a special enrollment period should have the ability to change plan levels. Originally Posted by lostincypress
Hmmm got me thinking?...http://healthaffairs.org/blog/2011/0...itching-plans/
thanks again !

kinda nice having a personal assistant follow me around and do a little extra work for me

and FREE too !!!!!!

keep up the good work ! Originally Posted by CJ7
Somebody has to keep you PLAGIARIZING ASTROTURFERS honest!
Article 2007 about the loss of employer healthcare benefits.

http://www.managedcaremag.com/archiv...1.erosion.html
  • CJ7
  • 09-27-2013, 01:53 PM
Somebody has to keep you PLAGIARIZING ASTROTURFERS honest! Originally Posted by IIFFOFRDB

honestly I don't post links so idiots will ask for them, like whirlie did about group filibusters so your kinda spoiling my fun, but whatever