Restaurant recommendations

Alla Famiglia is one of my favorite restaurants. But I do agree the location is less than desirable. La Tavola is another good restaurant.

Some others I like are Altius, Casbah, Mallorca, Originally Posted by Big Stig
La Tavola for sure. Same with Casbah. Last time I was at Mallorca, it was a bit disappointing. I'm afraid they are on their way out.
Has anybody tried Superior Motors in Braddock? I’ve known Kevin for years but haven’t taken the time to check it out yet.
Il Burloni is very good. It’s small. BYOB

http://www.ilburloni.com/
Falls City Pub in Ohiopyle, good smoked ribs.
Okay, who is taking me to dinner??
Did Papa J's in Carnegie ever reopen after the recent fire?
Did Papa J's in Carnegie ever reopen after the recent fire? Originally Posted by lustylad
Nope. 131 is down the street. People rave about it. I wasn’t impressed.
Have any of you fellows tried Sarafino's in Crafton? It's BYOB, I've been there once so far and the veal parmesan was positively orgasmic.
Have any of you fellows tried Sarafino's in Crafton? It's BYOB, I've been there once so far and the veal parmesan was positively orgasmic. Originally Posted by sexymaid_69
Many times. Make sure the owners there and doing the cooking. The veal parm is excellent as are his pasta dishes. Open for lunch too.
Have any of you fellows tried Sarafino's in Crafton? It's BYOB, I've been there once so far and the veal parmesan was positively orgasmic. Originally Posted by sexymaid_69
Sarafino's is one of my favs. A little place that has a family run feel. Great food, byob!
Condados and Bakersfield downtown if you're into tacos. There's also Take, but Condados is the shit imo
Meat and Potatoes. What you'd expect. I dug Cure when it opened. I dig all of Severino's places significantly less after he shot his mouth off on Bourdain's swing through. Ditto any of Kevin Sousa's former joints and/or superior motors. When I want to knock down all the carbs, Il Pizzaiolo's pizzas hit the spot, although I prefer the one in Warrendale.
Good suggestions guys! Now I have a few new places to check out.
OK, never heard of this place but it was a 15 minute drive from a family member I was visiting - so taking Jinny's advice I went to try the positively orgasmic veal parm. Alas, as going through the specials, after she mentioned the veal parm, the waitress said the have Braciole. After assuring me it too was orgasmic - I had to go for the Braciole as it had been quite a while since I had it.

Excellente !!!
If you are up north, in Slippery Rock, North Country Brewing is good