Why don't more providers supply client references?

LOL it probably is!!! i do supply references quickly though, keep that good karma coming my way ;-) Originally Posted by Alyssa Nicole
Yep, I'm a believer in what comes around goes around too...LOL
You are more than welcome to the banner, any legit provider is welcome to it as long as she really gives honest references. I don't mind at all Originally Posted by PofDenver
Thanks! I'll put it to good use too ;-)
Because women are evil creatures at times. Some just in general. 100% reference friendly here. Oh, except for the ladies that refuse to supply me with one. One lady in particular.
Ladies, you need to go back to the guy giving you those references and let them know they are not being cooperative to your screening efforts. That oftentimes gets the ball rolling.
Well, we don't need to get too deep here. How about basic sloth and laziness fueled by a lack of caring or comprehension that this is a business and professional courtesy is a survival skill. Some providers, like many people, just don't get the Golden Rule, because they are so self-centered.

I was cc'ed on an email where my reference responded to an agency's request. She gave me an okay but tore into the male owner because he didn't respond to reference requests.

On a side note, what's up with providers who are on P411 AND require references. I've got 18 P411 okays, a detailed bio and you want references too? It's a way to lose a good, no hassle customer who will treat you well.
On a side note, what's up with providers who are on P411 AND require references. I've got 18 P411 okays, a detailed bio and you want references too? It's a way to lose a good, no hassle customer who will treat you well. Originally Posted by awl4knot
Oh, you bring up a valid point. Maybe a new thread is in order. I understand the part on P411 that says. Willing to see basic plus 1,2,4,5, etc...

However, There is a point that it contradicts, the purpose of the site. The way the site would seem to work, in principle is, The site has prescreened the client. The ok's would be used as ref's. Therefore, being a member would have you screened. The more OK's you have, would be more ref's. That being said. It would appear the purpose of the site is two fold.

1. To save everyone time.
1a. By having the client already screened.
1b. By having know providers on the site. Easing the clients mind that they are not walking into a LE sting.

2. To give the provider ref's, without having to ask for them.
2a.Or bother others providers to get them.
2b eleiminating the problem of providers not giving ref's/ in a timely manner
Hence the OK system.

Now, for the newbies on the site. (like me) You would find a provider of your liking, that is newbie friendly. Meet her requirements, see her and if your not a total bozo. You could request your first OK. After that, in theory, it should start to get easier.

However, with everyone (from what I have read and heard.) also wanting references. The point of the site, is quickly becoming moote. At this rate, having 1 or 50 OK's will mean nothing. So, there will come a time when being a member will just not be worth it. Since you will still have to get screened all over again each and every time, you see someone new.

This is only my opinion, as I see it. I may be wrong. But if you take time to look at it. You will see the point.

I understand each provider needs to do what she needs to do. OK, I see that. But this will at some point turn P411 into just another site on the internet. No better than any other. Which is kind of a shame.
  • kSoze
  • 02-12-2013, 06:41 AM
I hate the girls that do that shit. I have a list of girls that never returned my reference request and I will never return the favor for them either. You'd be surprised how long that list is! Originally Posted by Alyssa Nicole
With that mentality, the list will just get longer and longer. Girls you need to find a creative way to work together...
With that mentality, the list will just get longer and longer. Girls you need to find a creative way to work together... Originally Posted by kSoze
be that as it may, i refuse to give a reference to a girl that refused me one and had me lose out on money and a potentially great client just because shes a cock blocking cunt.
be that as it may, i refuse to give a reference to a girl that refused me one and had me lose out on money and a potentially great client just because shes a cock blocking cunt. Originally Posted by Alyssa Nicole
Whoa, Nelly, don't mince your words - tell us exactly how you feel. Catharsis is Good For You!! Get it out of your system.
I think it mainly depends on the type of provider, who is being asked for the references.

I love to give references for my regular friends. As long as I get a heads up and it was someone I see recently because I don't keep a black book of secrets to refer to when I give references so I have to go by memory.
Whoa, Nelly, don't mince your words - tell us exactly how you feel. Catharsis is Good For You!! Get it out of your system. Originally Posted by awl4knot
It felt so good to say the forbidden C word :-) I feel much better!
there is soooooo much to go around in the hobby, it's very short-sighted of providers to deliberately not provide references. I won't see a provider again if I know they deliberately won't provide a reference and more importantly, won't recommend her!
This is a NETWORK...
If by not responding to or respecting a request, then the failure will take on a different form and CHAOS will ensue.

Respect the PROCESS and the PROCESS will reward YOU.
It felt so good to say the forbidden C word :-) I feel much better! Originally Posted by Alyssa Nicole
You have "C" word immunity. I might get points for putting it in bold and red!!
Well, we don't need to get too deep here. How about basic sloth and laziness fueled by a lack of caring or comprehension that this is a business and professional courtesy is a survival skill. Some providers, like many people, just don't get the Golden Rule, because they are so self-centered.

I was cc'ed on an email where my reference responded to an agency's request. She gave me an okay but tore into the male owner because he didn't respond to reference requests.

On a side note, what's up with providers who are on P411 AND require references. I've got 18 P411 okays, a detailed bio and you want references too? It's a way to lose a good, no hassle customer who will treat you well. Originally Posted by awl4knot

I have received a few reference requests via p411 (both on gents who had numerous oks) and although I have responded with the info they've requested, what I really want to say is, "WTF!!!!??????" Are you kidding me??????? WTF are you even on here for if you can't acknowledge the purpose of p411? As you you can see, I gave the dood an 'OK'. What else do you want??? Stop wasting everyone's time and get to work!"

But then I remember I am lady. So I offer my redundant "yes, very nice gent. have fun!! ))))" and go on about my day.

.....but still, it's an incredible waste of time and money to ask for references on a p411 gent with plenty of oks.

My two cents: the biz is risky. period. the risk will not be eliminated no matter how much screening you do. Get your CHL (if in TX) and pack that little mother-trucker wherever you go. That is the best protection you can offer yourself.