The 10 most iconic movie kisses

I've only seen four of the movies on the list, and I'd agree that two of the four deserve consideration:

Gone With the Wind
Breakfast at Tiffany's

Not sure about When Harry Met Sally. Maybe, but surely there are those more deserving.

There was a kiss in Pretty Woman? Who knew? I can't say that I remember a single scene from the movie other than her walking through the hotel lobby on the way to the opera.

Among the others I would think should be considered:

Casablanca
-- the flashback kiss at Le Belle Aurore when they were in Paris. Has to be in the top ten.

From Here To Eternity -- Has to be in the top ten. Maybe number one.

To Have and To Have Not -- Speaking of Bogart

Cinema Paradiso -- kiss with Elana in projection booth

The Graduate -- Dustin Hoffman's nervous kiss of Mrs. Robinson before she can exhale the smoke of her cigarette.

Romeo + Juliet -- kiss during "oh trespass sweetly urged, give me my sin again" dialogue. One of the sexiest moments ever committed to film if you ask me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_y9Vd...eature=related

(watch the entire clip if you have time; if not, start at 3:50 at " If I profane with my unworthiest hand. . . ." up to about 6:47.)

Some Like it Hot
-- Marilyn's kiss to the camera during I Wanna Be Loved By You

Bull Durham -- pre bathtub scene kiss between Annie and Crash

On Officer and a Gentleman -- final scene kiss

I think I have to go with this one:

To Have and Have Not (1944) Lauren Bacall & Humphrey Bogart

"I've Been Wondering Whether I'd Like It" Kiss - with Some Advice "It's Even Better When You Help"

She answered him after their first kiss: "I've been wondering whether I'd like it" - he wanted to know her reaction: "What's the decision?" - and then she give him a second kiss to get a better evaluation after telling him: "I don't know yet"; she recommended to her less-than passive partner: "It's even better when you help"; she then suggested as she left his room, speaking in a low purring voice: "Okay. You know you don't have to act with me, Steve. You don't have to say anything and you don't have to do anything. Not a thing. Oh, maybe just whistle. You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together - and blow" Originally Posted by Rakhir
One of my favorite movies.
The happy ending kiss between Westley and Buttercup from "The Princess Bride" . Funny movie too.
The happy ending kiss between Westley and Buttercup from "The Princess Bride" . Funny movie too. Originally Posted by matchingmole
Aww..I forgot about that one! Great flick...
@TTH

You've been hiding your light under a bushel. All this time you've projected an "I don't have time for TV" attitude, which I assumed, bled over to movies also. Obviously, you're a movie buff.

Lady & The Tramp Originally Posted by Sweet N Little
RIGHT!!

spiderman
(2002)

Originally Posted by Sweet N Little
WRONG!!! The upsidedown kiss never works right!!
@TTH

You've been hiding your light under a bushel. All this time you've projected an "I don't have time for TV" attitude, which I assumed, bled over to movies also. Obviously, you're a movie buff. Originally Posted by charlestudor2005
Nope, I'm rather fond of movies, especially ones made over twenty years ago. And in fairness, there are a few good movies being made now, but you sure have to wade through nine yards of shit to find them.

One of the things I would like to do in retirement is build up a really nice collection of Blu-Ray DVD's and get a nice screening room set up and host a weekly movie night for my friends for truly classic movies. Do a nice pot luck dinner where I (and perhaps one of my friends cook a pre-determined entre) and the group brings pot luck accompaniments. Pull a hand full of nice bottle from the cellar. Dinner, a great movie, and some good conversation afterward out by the fire pit, etc. That's my kind of evening.

Do a Kurasawa retrospective one month. Hitchcock the next. Hal Ashby. Kubrick. Do themes of movies, etc. I could program out five years of movie nights in just a few days.
Nope, I'm rather fond of movies, especially ones made over twenty years ago. And in fairness, there are a few good movies being made now, but you sure have to wade through nine yards of shit to find them.

One of the things I would like to do in retirement is build up a really nice collection of Blu-Ray DVD's and get a nice screening room set up and host a weekly movie night for my friends for truly classic movies. Do a nice pot luck dinner where I (and perhaps one of my friends cook a pre-determined entre) and the group brings pot luck accompaniments. Pull a hand full of nice bottle from the cellar. Dinner, a great movie, and some good conversation afterward out by the fire pit, etc. That's my kind of evening.

Do a Kurasawa retrospective one month. Hitchcock the next. Hal Ashby. Kubrick. Do themes of movies, etc. I could program out five years of movie nights in just a few days. Originally Posted by TexTushHog
Damn, that sounds nice!!! Count me in. Unfortunately (for me) whether you're still in TX or France or any one of a number of places, you'd be too far away for me to participate. But it does sound like a great idea.
I've only seen four of the movies on the list, and I'd agree that two of the four deserve consideration:

Gone With the Wind
Breakfast at Tiffany's

Not sure about When Harry Met Sally. Maybe, but surely there are those more deserving.

There was a kiss in Pretty Woman? Who knew? I can't say that I remember a single scene from the movie other than her walking through the hotel lobby on the way to the opera.

Among the others I would think should be considered:

Casablanca -- the flashback kiss at Le Belle Aurore when they were in Paris. Has to be in the top ten.

From Here To Eternity -- Has to be in the top ten. Maybe number one.

To Have and To Have Not -- Speaking of Bogart

Cinema Paradiso -- kiss with Elana in projection booth

The Graduate -- Dustin Hoffman's nervous kiss of Mrs. Robinson before she can exhale the smoke of her cigarette.

Romeo + Juliet -- kiss during "oh trespass sweetly urged, give me my sin again" dialogue. One of the sexiest moments ever committed to film if you ask me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_y9Vd...eature=related

(watch the entire clip if you have time; if not, start at 3:50 at " If I profane with my unworthiest hand. . . ." up to about 6:47.)

Some Like it Hot -- Marilyn's kiss to the camera during I Wanna Be Loved By You

Bull Durham -- pre bathtub scene kiss between Annie and Crash

On Officer and a Gentleman -- final scene kiss

Originally Posted by TexTushHog
I do respect your taste in movies, and you are definitely right about that kissing scene in An Officer and a Gentleman.
Don't know how Casablanca didn't make the list. Must have been created by a young Gen-Y type.
Don't know how Casablanca didn't make the list. Must have been created by a young Gen-Y type. Originally Posted by thumpusa
It's listed in the top 25 (on another screen), but I agree: too many new movies are ranked where the classics should be.
It's listed in the top 25 (on another screen), but I agree: too many new movies are ranked where the classics should be. Originally Posted by I B Hankering
I agree. It should have been in the top 10. I have a limited attention span so I didn't look at the longer list.
what about "the Notebook" that had a couple of pretty cool kissing scenes