new record for Dow Jones

VM, probably not the best day for this thread today. The market was pretty brutal. Originally Posted by Lucas McCain
Live by the sword, die by the sword. Eh DOOOOD.
I see what you're saying Tiny, but I assume TWK meant 1%. That's about what I lost today, and I actually felt lucky it wasn't a lot more.

Days like this are exactly why I am a conservative investor for the most part. I would have lost my ass today if I wasn't. And days like this are why I don't like investing in stocks.
I see what you're saying Tiny, but I assume TWK meant 1%. That's about what I lost today, and I actually felt lucky it wasn't a lot more.

Days like this are exactly why I am a conservative investor for the most part. I would have lost my ass today if I wasn't. Originally Posted by Lucas McCain
Oh, this bubble is about to burst. Keep Trump Truth social tho. Dump Pharma.
You said 0.01 percent. And 0.01% of $50,000,000 is $5,000. If I'm "off by a couple of decimal points," then you should have written one percent, not .01 percent.

Unless your portfolio is worth $5 billion, in which case you should have written .0001%. That would be two decimal places off too. Originally Posted by Tiny
Haha... I figured the same. Tiny is fast with the math. TWK has already told everyone who pays attention how big his retirement account is. Don't fret, we're long-term investors baby!
Haha... I figured the same. Tiny is fast with the math. TWK has already told everyone who pays attention how big his retirement account is. Don't fret, we're long-term investors baby! Originally Posted by lustylad
Not Lucas, he’s day trading Trumps stock.
Not Lucas, he’s day trading Trumps stock. Originally Posted by bambino
Good for him. Is he long or short?

DWAC on NASDAQ, right?
Blimey! ... GREAT thing to have you fellows here.

The business education and knowledge I get here
each day might be able to fit inside a thimble.

Thank you, mates.

#### Salty
  • Tiny
  • 01-05-2022, 09:50 PM
Good for him. Is he long or short?

DWAC on NASDAQ, right? Originally Posted by lustylad
Hmmm, Short DWAC, the stock ($50.37), and long DWACW warrants ($12.92 + $11.50 exercise price) might be a good arbitrage. Maybe I'll look at the prospectus tomorrow. Instead of a performance fee, how about an overnighter with a classy Pittsburgh provider if I do this and it works out?
Hmmm, Short DWAC, the stock ($50.37), and long DWACW warrants ($12.92) might be a good arbitrage. Maybe I'll look at the prospectus tomorrow. Instead of a performance fee, how about an overnighter with a classy Pittsburgh provider if I do this and it works out? Originally Posted by Tiny
If I could find a "classy Pittsburgh provider" I'd certainly oblige. Only classy ones we get are touring girls.

Is Trump's media channel even launched yet? The longer it takes, the more the left will call it a scam (while they conspire with Big Tech to thwart it).
Haha... I figured the same. Tiny is fast with the math. TWK has already told everyone who pays attention how big his retirement account is. Don't fret, we're long-term investors baby! Originally Posted by lustylad
yea.. he plays fast and loose with his math.
  • Tiny
  • 01-05-2022, 10:12 PM
If I could find a "classy Pittsburgh provider" I'd certainly oblige. Only classy ones we get are touring girls.

Is Trump's media channel even launched yet? The longer it takes, the more the left will call it a scam (while they conspire with Big Tech to thwart it). Originally Posted by lustylad
Actually I was going to pay for the classy Pittsburgh provider and send her your way, since it's your idea.

Shorting SPAC shares and going long the warrants has often been a profitable strategy lately, when the prices get out of whack. The problem is that the fees to borrow the stock can take away the profit when everyone catches on to the idea.

Not sure whether the channel has launched yet.
Newport girl has reasonable rates!
  • Tiny
  • 01-05-2022, 10:29 PM
yea.. he plays fast and loose with his math. Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
Dilbert, respectfully, 503,976 is not 10% of 2,854,838.

285,484 is 10% of 2,854,838.

Please master division and percentages before you accuse me of playing fast and loose with my math.

BINGO! we have a winner. it was a "meh" moment.

won't be calling my broker yelling "SELL SELL!" might be calling him saying when are we getting around to investing that 27k i have in my money market from my dividends?
TWK, you need to tell your broker to have your money automatically reinvested when whatever you own pays out dividends. I don't know whether he or she has you in mutual funds, REITs or ETFs, but unless you need the cash, have him or her buy more shares if the market is healthy and you want to hold them for the long term.

Just some free advice and I do nothing for free and I'm not even a stockbroker. But I do invest a shit load of money for my family members for them. And I have the same licenses stockbrokers have. Unlike them though, I am a CPA and a CFA and not just a "certified planner".

My free advice is over now. No more free soup for you!