Newbe friendly but how about oldie friendly

I am still waiting for my freebies. When do they start?

Torito Originally Posted by Torito
You must not be calling the right ladies, Torito. When I tell them I'm "Torito", its all free and good.
You must not be calling the right ladies, Torito. When I tell them I'm "Torito", its all free and good. Originally Posted by OldGrump
I need your lilst. LOL

Torito
I think that is a good idea I will now offer a discount for 60+ starting Monday
SS
  • Sami
  • 05-21-2011, 10:30 PM
Lol.... you guys never stop no matter what the age... I had a 76yr gentleman he never asked for aarp discount. He asked me to help him up Just Kidding or am I?
Dharma offers a discount for anyone 55 and older. Originally Posted by Dittychaser
I like the "More time rule" 55+

Hell ya I do. Always extra time added for 54 and up. Rule of 54 and all <- thank you EW. Originally Posted by SoftPlaceToLand
I like the "More Time Rule" 54+

I think that is a good idea I will now offer a discount for 60+ starting Monday
SS Originally Posted by safire_sweet
Hey safire, why 60 ? damn, i got 2 more years to wait now.

CG
Dharma offers a discount for anyone 55 and older. Originally Posted by Dittychaser
Heck yes, I offer a 55+, OMF (old man friendly) discount! I love my older clients. Also, if I have extra time, I don't mind going over. It's nice to take things slow and spend a little extra time when I can. I genuinely like what I do so it's easy.

Thank you for the mention, Dittychaser
Oh hush it Bubba.. You are not old.

But you are cute though.

Anywho, I do offer discounts to the older gents over 60.

As in anyone give a discount for having an AARP card? Us old guys need attention too, not just those new guys. As a group, us old guys tend to be politer, respectfull and know how to treat a lady.

And most important we tend to be quicker at a lot of things :-)

Just think about it. Could be a huge advertising advantage. Originally Posted by Bubba3452
Great idea.
I'm going to start giving an AARP discount ASAP.
I wish there was a little drop down window on the new review page that gives the reviewers age. Maybe a ten year window, 30-40,41-50, etc because I'm curious about the same.

I'm not in the AARP age frame yet, but I do like the idea of a discount for the more senior hobbyist. Some people still want to play and are on fixed incomes. Originally Posted by CoHorn
The longer I stay in the hobby -- and I've been on ASPD and it's various successors since December 1999 -- I think this is a great idea.
I certainly qualify for AARP ....but if a Hobbiest sees a provider often and for a long period of time .....should he, maybe ,get Frequent Flyer miles ...to go along with the Senior discount ...I have never received any of those discounts..LOL But I do like the idea .....
I am an old guy, pre-boomer. I have NEVER thought someone should get a discount just because they got old. Usually the older folks have more disposable income than youngsters. Being old and getting old is NOT an accomplishment and sure beats the alternative. I do not accept senior discount anywhere. If a business wants to offer senior discounts, that's nice, but do not expect something special just because you are old. It is just another sign of the entitlement mentality.

I am a Vietnam vet and know many providers give discounts to vets and servicemen. Being a member of the United States Armed Forces is an accomplishment worthy of special consideration in some things. I don't accept those discounts either, you ladies earn your money.

Fire away!
Abraham...a stand up post I tell ya.

I have known several people who qualified for the Senior coffee discounts and when I would ask, they would actually be offended saying they don't need anyone's pitty for a damn cup of coffee. LMAO

Granted - I do use it when I go visit my friends' WWII Vet father. A quarter for coffee? Really, you can't beat it.

I've seen what old timers spend on their goldwings - yet another hobby. No discounts on that - even though it seems to be an "old guys" thing. Ha ha ha.

Again, time extended is usually cool with me.
I am still waiting for my freebies. When do they start?

Torito Originally Posted by Torito
right after your first raise as an eccie mod. wait for the memo.
Ok here I go....

#1: The services we ladies offer are not essential, they are not needed for a person to survive like food is. (all jokes aside).

#2: Being able to hobby is NOT a right, it is a privilege, the sooner some people realize this the better.

#3: You dont have the money to hobby? Then you dont hobby. Plain and simple. Just like you dont go anywhere that offers services, goods, merchandise, etc without expecting ahead of time to pay what they advertise. Period. These times are hard for everyone- providers included. Some of which have families they are supporting as well.

#4: There are many many ladies who offer discounts, very incredible ones that should please anyone and everyone. That should be enough. If it is not- perhaps look elsewhere because this is not the place obviously if you need to ask.

No offense, please do not take it the wrong way. Just establishing a point from a business perspective and one of respect and dignity as well.

By the way:

How about you give me my hourly rate and you leave after 10 minutes? Fair?

It works both ways, you know.

XOXO
KKA
Well Said!!!