We Might Have Real Presidential Debates

I'm voting for Romney rightly or wrongly.

The odds are that regardless of how the election turns out, the country will become more and more of a police state. It is very unlikely that the Liberty Movement will gain any traction under any circumstances. Too many people are dependent on government for something, and are happy to turn over their decision making to bureaucrats. So I'm just searching for whatever will give us the best chance, regardless of how small that chance is. Right now, I don't know what that strategy is. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
I think Al Swearengen in Deadwood had it right when he and the sherrif Seth Bullock were talking about he political future of Deadwood.

Al: Our cause is surviving, not bein’ allied with Yankton or cogs in the Hearst machine, to show it don’t fate us as runts, or two-headed calves or pigs with excess legs, to a good fuckin’ grindin’ up. I only mention the judge in Montana toward maybe drummin’ up interest in us there.

Seth:
Annexation to Montana instead of Dakota?

Al: Hikin’ our skirts to Helena might put Yankton back on its heels. And as minutes turn to hours over the piss-pot, I wonder, should we ruminate publicly in loud voices over formin’ a new territory with an eye towards future statehood, or even our own republic?

Seth:
No dictatorship?

Al: What the fuck do we need a dictatorship for, that silences the public voice, that eases the enemy’s way? Noise made, overtures to outside interests and enlistment of the hooples’ participation is what this situation demands. And a trustworthy mug with a vague motive out there, buglin’ the call.

Seth: I’m not interested.

Al: (Leans forward) Our moment permits interest in one question only: will we, of Deadwood, be more than targets for ass-fucking? To not grab ankle is to declare yourself interested. What’s your posture, Bullock?

Seth: (He doesn’t move) As you see.

Al: (Smiles) Huzzah then.

Where are We the People today? I feel we are easing the enemy's way making the noises and overtures all the way leaving us a target for, as Al so eloquently put it, an ass-fucking? I think he's right. The citizens used to make noise and our politicians heard and heeded us; how they make noise and we heed them.

I looked up the quote to get all of it. Ironically the name of the episode was Childish Things.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

Thomas Jefferson
  • CJ7
  • 07-24-2012, 01:57 PM
anything about people fearing Johnson and wanting him to skip the debates?
CBJ7, that won't happen before the first debate. I'd expect there to be some fear for the second one.
  • CJ7
  • 07-24-2012, 03:12 PM
CBJ7, that won't happen before the first debate. I'd expect there to be some fear for the second one. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
read joes first post again
CBJ7, that won't happen before the first debate. I'd expect there to be some fear for the second one. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
I think Johnson may have a real chance of getting significant votes. I don't think most people even know what Libertarians stand for. If Johnson delivers his message with eloquence and passion, a lot of people may be impressed. Living under a government that actually abides by the Constitution has a lot to be said for it.

Politics is the art of the possible. Bill Buckley said that he always voted for the most conservative candidate that could win. That's why I'm voting for Romney.

http://chronicle.augusta.com/opinion...ney-can-win-it
The pressure the Gary Johnson campaign has been putting on the networks may be starting to pan out. They are considering including Johnson in at least one debate.

Wouldn't it be nice to hear some real discussion for a change?

http://www.usnews.com/news/blogs/was...ential-debates Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy

So.....your saying its ok for everyone to be on goof balls?
Did you see Gary Johnson on "Red Eye" with Gutfield about a month or two ago? Penn Jillette ran over him and I think Penn actually supports Johnson. GJ simply isn't presidential material.
I don't have TV. Do you know if there is a link to that? I think Jillette has already endorsed Gary Johnson.

However, I do acknowledge that Gary Johnson may suffer from the same thing that Dennis Miller identified in Adm. James Stockdale. Miller said Stockdale committed the mortal sin of not doing well on television. That was a sad commentary on our society.
  • Laz
  • 07-24-2012, 09:36 PM
I remember the VP debate with Stockwell. He was like a fish out of water and straight and to the point which I liked. However, the other two were playing the typical silly games trying to make mountains out of mole hills. Unfortunately that appears to be what people are looking for so he did not do well.
I would have been very comfortable if circumstances arose which would have caused Adm. Stockdale to be president. Even though he didn't do well on TV.
According to polls Johnson pullls votes from Obama in some states and some from Romney in others. I have hope it will be a good thing for everyone. Even though some of his policy screws my family in a couple ways... Obamas screws us in just about every way.

Don't you just love the ability of a fucking government to dock the pension of a 36 year Dallas firefighter vet! I like Democrats, but I HATE obama... and not because of any discussion we've ever had. just for the facts of life he has changed for us. We are NOT better off than we were 4 years ago.
  • CJ7
  • 07-25-2012, 09:56 AM
According to polls Johnson pullls votes from Obama in some states and some from Romney in others. I have hope it will be a good thing for everyone. Even though some of his policy screws my family in a couple ways... Obamas screws us in just about every way.

Don't you just love the ability of a fucking government to dock the pension of a 36 year Dallas firefighter vet! I like Democrats, but I HATE obama... and not because of any discussion we've ever had. just for the facts of life he has changed for us. We are NOT better off than we were 4 years ago. Originally Posted by LovingKayla

I wont argue with who you dont like or why, but the firefighter pension problem rests on the state budget and not this or any other president ... the budget responsibility rests on Rick Perry ...

an example

http://www.texasbudgetsource.com/art...administration
  • Doove
  • 07-25-2012, 11:45 AM
We are NOT better off than we were 4 years ago. Originally Posted by LovingKayla
Why didn't you tell us you were suffering from amnesia?
I Love Deadood. lots of whores and cocksuckerd ...l kinda like this forum

But I'll be voting to re-elect the President and working toward the utter and final separation of the Tea Party faithful from the GOP.

Romney has a better idea ... Lace up your Addidas and cut your nuts off now...,