Trump replaces HHS watchdog who found ‘severe shortages’ at hospitals combating coronavirus

They seem to be doing a better job over at HHS already...

https://www.oann.com/trump-admin-to-...IWkh5UpCoWUwsg Originally Posted by gfejunkie
$12 billion for hardest hit hospitals...in order words public/county general hospitals. Most of them in Democrat areas...NYC, MI, MA, etc.

Yet we can't find $5 Billion for a wall. And the Democrats are focused on controlling citizen movements.
Excuses, excuses, excuses, when the fact remains the great leader once again felt slighted by a competent woman with 21 years of experience and chose a flunkie with no experience.

Why? Because she did her job. And her facts don’t fit the narrative his administration wants the public to swallow

67k dead and counting.

Yet we can't find $5 Billion for a wall. And the Democrats are focused on controlling citizen movements. Originally Posted by gnadfly
What the hell does the wall have to do with the great leader behaving like a spoiled little trust fund baby and appointing a unqualified flunkie over 21 year veteran.

I’m in Texas, I wasn’t placed under mandatory lockdown, you weren’t either.
Don’t know where you’re getting this 67,000 number but the cdc count is about half that as of Friday.
https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid19/index.htm
Where are all these people finding these surgical masks? Go into various box and drug stores can't find them. However, the people who work there have them and tell me they "don't know."

First it was "a test"
Then it was ventilators...
Then it was PPE...
Then it's "Test for everyone"
Now it's a vaccine.
Since the low cost treatment is, uh, too low cost and available.

But somehow most of the deaths are in the NYC Metro area but we can't question it because those who wanted "the recovery to be data driven" don't want you to see the data. Originally Posted by gnadfly
Remember when they said it was going to hit everywhere else as bad as NYC?

They were wrong as fuck about that.

Remember how they scolded the kids in Florida for Spring Break?

I don't think any of them died.

Remember those University of Texas students who chartered a plane to Mexico for Spring Break and almost all of them tested positive for COVID-19?

None of them have died, either.

I think it is time to face the fact that liberals have pussified this country.
I’m in Texas, I wasn’t placed under mandatory lockdown, you weren’t either. Originally Posted by Jaxson66
You were placed under a "stay at home order." No leaving except for essential services. If it were up to that puta Judge Hildago it would be a "mandatory lockdown."
You were placed under a "stay at home order." No leaving except for essential services. If it were up to that puta Judge Hildago it would be a "mandatory lockdown." Originally Posted by gnadfly
Abbott caused the confusion, I wasn’t under stay at home order I was practicing voluntary social distancing before his so called order he never intended to enforce.

When Gov. Greg Abbott told Texans this week to restrict their social interactions except for essential activities, he made his thinking clear: He didn't consider his latest executive order a "stay-at-home" order.

That distinction caused some confusion about what exactly his order intended to do. Residents in many states have been told to stay at home to fight the spread of the new coronavirus. Was Abbott's order different? Was he not going that far?

https://www.texastribune.org/2020/04...-other-states/
Don’t know where you’re getting this 67,000 number but the cdc count is about half that as of Friday.
https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid19/index.htm Originally Posted by Jacuzzme
COVID-19: There have been approximately 244,122 deaths reported worldwide. In the U.S, 66,385 people have died of COVID-19, as of May 3, 2020.*

Flu: The World Health Organization estimates that 290,000 to 650,000 people die of flu-related causes every year worldwide.

In the U.S., from Oct. 1, 2019 – Apr. 4, 2020, the CDC estimates that 24,000 to 62,000 people died from the flu. (The CDC does not know the exact number because the flu is not a reportable disease in most parts of the U.S.)

The COVID-19 situation is changing rapidly. Since this disease is caused by a new virus, people do not have immunity to it, and a vaccine may be many months away. Doctors and scientists are working to estimate the mortality rate of COVID-19, but at present, it is thought to be substantially higher than that of most strains of the flu.

*This information comes from the Coronavirus COVID-19 Global Cases map developed by the Johns Hopkins Center for Systems Science and Engineering.

Are we done with the deflection from the topic ?

Why does the great leader continue to hire his flunkies over qualified personnel to work in my government. His own cabinet is a revolving door because he’s a narcissistic trust fund baby. I’m no graduate of the Eccie institute of internet psychology but I’d guess he’s becoming paranoid.

Watch his eyes dart back and forth when the experts speak . You can see the hamster cage spinning out of control.
Well those are the CDC’s numbers on their official website. Call them up and bitch or send a strongly worded letter I guess.
Are we done with the deflection from the topic ?
Originally Posted by Jaxson66
Well, I guess the operative question should be, when are you going to be done with posting deflective topics?

Trump nominates someone to fill a permanent position. You still have not shown the problem with that or why it is in any way outside the prerogative of the Potus to do so. Don't these positions serve at the pleasure of the Potus.

The whole premise of this piece it ridiculous.
You were placed under a "stay at home order." No leaving except for essential services. If it were up to that puta Judge Hildago it would be a "mandatory lockdown." Originally Posted by gnadfly
That’s “Che” Hidalgo.
  • oeb11
  • 05-04-2020, 06:07 AM
Fascist DPST's do Love to exercise their Control of the population.

It assuages the inherent inferiority complex they have - and justifiably!
They are truly controlling Fascists.
This is also the CDC so where is the disconnect ? Confirmation bias is a real thing and we find sources the we agree with.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...ses-in-us.html
This is also the CDC so where is the disconnect ? Confirmation bias is a real thing and we find sources the we agree with.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...ses-in-us.html Originally Posted by playerplano
If anyone is being honest with themselves they realize that we don't really know the numbers and based on at least the two CDC sources it seems that numbers are initially being way over reported.

The stats you and most are looking at in other sources all basically have the same caveat that your link gives.

Updated Daily
This page is updated daily based on data confirmed at 4:00pm ET the day before.
Numbers reported on Saturdays and Sundays are preliminary and not yet confirmed by state and territorial health departments. These numbers may be modified when numbers are updated on Mondays.

Number of Jurisdictions
There are currently 55 U.S.-affiliated jurisdictions reporting cases of COVID-19. This includes 50 states, District of Columbia, Guam, the Northern Mariana Islands, Puerto Rico, and the U.S Virgin Islands.

Confirmed & Probable Cases
As of April 14, 2020, CDC case counts and death counts include both confirmed and probable cases and deaths. This change was made to reflect an interim COVID-19 position statement
pdf icon
external icon
issued by the Council for State and Territorial Epidemiologists on April 5, 2020. The position statement included a case definition and made COVID-19 a nationally notifiable disease.
A confirmed case or death is defined by meeting confirmatory laboratory evidence for COVID-19.
A probable case or death is defined by one of the following:
Meeting clinical criteria AND epidemiologic evidence with no confirmatory laboratory testing performed for COVID-19
Meeting presumptive laboratory evidence AND either clinical criteria OR epidemiologic evidence
Meeting vital records criteria with no confirmatory laboratory testing performed for COVID19

Community Transmission
State health departments report the level of community transmission (spread) of COVID-19 as one of the following:
“Yes, widespread” – defined as widespread community transmission across several geographical areas
“Yes, defined area(s)” – defined as distinct clusters of cases in a, or a few, defined geographical area(s)
“Undetermined” – defined as 1 or more cases but not classified as “Yes” to community transmission
“N/A” – defined as no cases

Case Notifications
Case notifications were received by CDC from U.S. public health jurisdictions and the National Notifiable Diseases Surveillance System (NNDSS).

Accuracy of Data
CDC does not know the exact number of COVID-19 illnesses, hospitalizations, and deaths for a variety of reasons. COVID-19 can cause mild illness, symptoms might not appear immediately, there are delays in reporting and testing, not everyone who is infected gets tested or seeks medical care, and there may be differences in how states and territories confirm numbers in their jurisdictions.
State and local public health departments are now testing and publicly reporting their cases. In the event of a discrepancy between CDC cases and cases reported by state and local public health officials, data reported by states should be considered the most up to date.
The other CDC numbers have the following information.

Understanding the Numbers: Provisional Death Counts and COVID-19
Provisional death counts deliver our most comprehensive picture of lives lost to COVID-19. These estimates are based on death certificates, which are the most reliable source of data and contain information not available anywhere else, including comorbid conditions, race and ethnicity, and place of death.
How it works
The National Center for Health Statistics (NCHS) uses incoming data from death certificates to produce provisional COVID-19 death counts. These include deaths occurring within the 50 states and the District of Columbia. COVID-19 deaths are identified using a new ICD–10 code. When COVID-19 is reported as a cause of death – or when it is listed as a “probable” or “presumed” cause — the death is coded as U07.1. This can include cases with or without laboratory confirmation.
Why these numbers are different
Provisional death counts may not match counts from other sources, such as media reports or numbers from county health departments. Our counts often track 1–2 weeks behind other data for a number of reasons: Death certificates take time to be completed. There are many steps involved in completing and submitting a death certificate. Waiting for test results can create additional delays. States report at different rates. Currently, 63% of all U.S. deaths are reported within 10 days of the date of death, but there is significant variation among jurisdictions. It takes extra time to code COVID-19 deaths. While 80% of deaths are electronically processed and coded by NCHS within minutes, most deaths from COVID-19 must be coded manually, which takes an average of 7 days. Other reporting systems use different definitions or methods for counting deaths.
Things to know about the data
Provisional counts are not final and are subject to change. Counts from previous weeks are continually revised as additional records are received and processed. Provisional data are not yet complete. Counts will not include all deaths that occurred during a given time period, especially for more recent periods. However, we can estimate how complete our numbers are by looking at the average number of deaths reported in previous years. Death counts should not be compared across jurisdictions. Some jurisdictions report deaths on a daily basis, while others report deaths weekly or monthly. In addition, vital record reporting may also be affected or delayed by COVID-19 related response activities.
That is the reason for the disconnect in numbers.

We will never have an accurate count based on differences in standards at the state and local level for coding and decision making.

Just the presence of a positive test does not mean it was the cause of death.

I live in a relatively unaffected portion of Pennsylvania where both my and surrounding counties had deaths listed to them that have now been "redacted". Did that redaction lower the higher 65K count in any way or are they just not being counted into the lower count when the Death Certs are actually filed and coded.

I honestly don't know, but I know from the reports what range of numbers I would believe and they are nowhere near panic stage in the majority of the US.
Fascist DPST's do Love to exercise their Control of the population.

It assuages the inherent inferiority complex they have - and justifiably!
They are truly controlling Fascists. Originally Posted by oeb11
Very true - they know it and attack those who point it out - the old your best defense is a good offense ploy, one of the specialties of the obnoxious but intelligent Cajun gay person Carville.

(OK - I don't know if he really is gay but being as calling someone gay can't actually be considered an insult, what's the harm in pointing out any liberal politician is gay)