Service dog?

And...
(edit by Namssa) Originally Posted by Prolongus
ROFL....Hahahahahaha!!
And...
(edit by Namssa) Originally Posted by Prolongus

That is so very wrong ... but funny. Well done.
He still works there and still has the backpack with the tiny little doggy in it. Originally Posted by syeira pink
If he smacks you on the ass and whistles or says "Here BOY!!!" run!
The title of this thread made me think peanutbutter...

Ok ok, ya I live in the gutter

Honeydavis,

May I suggest that you get the doggie a treat if you decide to see this gentleman.

Originally Posted by muffin101
Please don't try to feed or play with a service animal. They're working and using their willpower to do what they've trained to do. People who have service animals have a regime they use to keep the animal happy and fed. They get play time when they're home and out of harness. Giving them attention or treats when they're working is confusing to the animal and can make it require some retraining.
dmcleod,

Thanks!, just learned something new

No problem. If you're curious about service animals, there is an excellent site about them called "please don't pet me" which has an etiquette page. http://pleasedontpetme.com/etiquette.php

It also has pages about what services animals can provide for those who need them(the dog doing laundry is adorable), and some info about the laws governing service animals. They aren't required to be in harness, but a lot of trainers use things like that to clearly indicate to the dog when they're "on duty" or off. This doesn't apply to a dog sniffing for ketosis, as they're on duty 24/7, but other animals sometimes benefit from the clear signal being in a harness(or a backpack) provides. They're trained to focus on their handler and their environment intently when they're on duty because a lapse like stopping to sniff something in the road or pick up a treat tossed by a well meaning stranger could literally get their handler killed if they stop at the wrong time.
If it is a real service dog, you will not even know its in the room. Proper eidetic is to not pet or talk to the dog without his express permission. That is to prevent the dog from being distracted at the wrong time.
Do dogs in general bother you? Are you worried the dog would make a mess? In my opinion it would like going to a friends house that has a dog, if I was scared of it or if it became a nuisance I'd ask him if it would be ok if we put him up.

I know one being brought to your place is a little different, just wasn't sure what your concern is exactly. If it's a safety issue, just ask to verify its a service dog.
I would be ok with a service dog unless he knows the right word to say to make the dog attack u
Honey, I've seen several clients with service dogs and there's never been a problem. He'll take care of the dog, you take care of him
Of course, if it's because he is blind, then the obvious question is, how will he get to your place? ..... Originally Posted by Bobave

Some providers have dogs and cats, not a problem all joke aside. I remember a cat jumping on the bed during BBBJ. did not miss a beat.