Should I get a provider phone? or keep booking through email??

Keep a phone!

what if i get lost trying to find you.......guess ill have to pull over to the library and email ya
+1

Get a prepaid throw away phone. I've always used TracFone but there are others out there as well. I don't know if other companies do it but I like TracFone because once in a while you can get bonus minutes from them. WalMart has the biggest selection of prepaid phones so you should start your search there. Originally Posted by IceCreamMan
Good info my Brutha from anotha Motha!
Get an android phone and get the google voice app so that you can have txts and calls routed to a 2nd number. Originally Posted by f1greg
+1...I use that all the time and you'll be surprised how good this thing works.
Lol these replies are cracking me up!!! I have a phone! After you have passed screening i give out my number to confirm & incase of emergency cancellation directions etc... I was asking if it would benefit me to get a phone number strictly for providing to advertise... My ads currently only list email.
Lol these replies are cracking me up!!! I have a phone! After you have passed screening i give out my number to confirm & incase of emergency cancellation directions etc... I was asking if it would benefit me to get a phone number strictly for providing to advertise... My ads currently only list email. Originally Posted by stargirl3355
Get a phone for all of the above, but most importantly in order to keep your lives separate. With a hobby only phone you can turn it off when you want to and go on with your life.
Get an android phone and get the google voice app so that you can have txts and calls routed to a 2nd number. Originally Posted by f1greg
Love, this idea. It's like two phones in one. (For some reason I heard two phones repeated three times like I was a night time salesmen. weird) But yeah Google voice is awesome. It's also way better at keeping voice mail. No "your box is full" crap. And if i'm not mistaken, those calls don't show up on my bill. Might have to do some checking.

Amaya, you pretty.
If you don't have a phone, how can you call a guy to let him know that you are running late, or have to cancel before he gets the room, etc.? And how can he call you if you en route to the room and something happens? Originally Posted by tikkler33

lmao you crack me up!!
Glad I could make you smile, Beautiful!
You don't have to get a new phone, just get a new number through google voice
yep, an android phone works wonders with google voice, text and calls, and the phone numbers is disposable, you don't have to get a new phone just to get a new number with google voice. I have not try it yet, but I think if you get tired of a number, all you have to do is go get another one, or change it with google voice, and best of all it is free.
Get a hobby phone...I hate when only email addresses are the only form of contact.
HEY ouch all my clients book through email and I dont advertise my number because Im at work and cant answer 75% of the time and I give out my contact once you pass screening. I dont think any of my clients are stupid. I suggest you do get a throw away phone too because if you are booking you will need to contact them and better to have a hobby phone for that. Email is how i eliminate the game playing callers. Im just messin with ya Htowner,xoxo Originally Posted by caramelqtee mila
Sorry for a late reply . I was staring at the ass pic at the bottom of your taglines.

You are the one in the biz so if it works for you and your clients, more power to you.
I would be extremely reluctant to make a date on the cyberspace . Too may specifics mentioned and the time and place is bound to get mentioned inadvertantly or otherwise.
As for you , having all that coming in to your email, well let's just say it is a very above average influx of suitors if you ever have to explain it.
If you don't like my politically incorrect word 'stupid', may I should say I don't see any wisdon and safety in it but is an efficient way to conducting biz on the clock for you . I still think there is too much danger of exposure due to any kind of hacking, busting, theft, you name it.
Be safe.
  • Jaleh
  • 10-21-2010, 10:51 PM
You don't have to get a new phone, just get a new number through google voice Originally Posted by AmayaMoore
I was just going to say that and you did... Cool. My g voice is awesome so far. I think you can have up to 4 lnes on 1 phone
I ONLY use my phone to confirm appointments 1 hr prior to meeting...everything else is conducted through email.

I've tried placing my number to my ads;I still do on occasion, but I keep the phone turned off and allow the calls to go straight to voice mail...serious gentlemen will leave a detailed message!

There are prerequisites that lead to direct conversation...
F I R S T . . .
Did you read my website?
Did you fill out my reservation form?
Do you have your reference information together (her name, website, email etc)
Do you have a SPECIFIC day and time in mind?
Did you check my schedule to make sure I'm available in your city?

I don't want to waste time conversing with someone who is NOT ( serious ) prepared with the requested information prior to contact OR asking questions that are CLEARLY stated either on your ad OR website.

In the past...phone conversations (almost) never led to a appointment, however, gentlemen who book through email are MORE serious and ALWAYS leads to a CONCRETE appointment.
Email, rather than phone conversation (at least in my case) proves most successful in weeding out the bs!

So...if you're thinking about getting a phone, but all means do so...
but if you think you're going to be inconvenienced by the flutter of calls...give it a little more thought!
^^ now that's what I call PROFESSIONALISM...