Lawmakers are trying to pass Backpage Law

Very informitive. Thank you Trees... Very interesting in deed. You have given me hope. :-)
Somebody is going to lobby against this. Maybe an organization that represents advertisers...maybe just back page.

If you want to feel like you're doing something in defense of something you believe in, by far the single most powerful thing you can do is send them some money. The dollar bill is the new vote and you get all the votes you can afford.

It will look all legit because they will be representing themselves as championing the 1st amendment and freedom and apple pie so you're just on board with all that good shit.
I think people need to foucus on the kidnappers and killers and other important things that go on in the world instead of worrying about sombody having sex and someone helping them with money... at least go after the people who are forcing women into it instead of bothering the girls who arent bothering anybody!
A group like the First Amendment Coalition lobbies against these kinds of issues even though they don't support prostitution but it does rope in their main clients which are the sexually oriented business that contribute heavily in tax returns to the state.
If you really want to get a law changed then talk to a lobbyist. Those are the guys that make shit happen. I highly doubt enough people are going to come out in the open to vote against a law so lobbyists do it for you. That's of course for a hefty fee. Hehe
FACT: No matter how powerful the Texas Legislature thinks it is.... the reality of the federal law trumps state acts. And the Federal courts have upheld the federal Communications Decency Act. For a better view of the Act itself, see HERE

The discussion above is informative, CL getting knocked by the Attorneys General, and Backpage also pressured, but the Courts have already ruled. Essence of the ruling is that the underlying web presence (not the person doing the posting) is invulnerable.

So while the Lege might make it possible for a state or local prosecutor to chase the POSTER individually, the fact of the matter is the place hosting the post cannot be held liable for the post itself.

Won't stop some prosecutors from trying, however....