Food Poisoning

Staphylococcal toxins are fast acting. can you say staphylococcal 10 times
I hope you are feeling better Ms Pleasure. I had food poisoning twice within 2 months back in 1979. The second time I had eaten a 1/2 jar of Italian peppers when it hit me. OUCH. Being a stupid kid I picked the mold off of a sandwich from a convinence store. Ate it anyways. BIG mistake.
Lucky you didn't eat the cream of mushroom soup.
Seriously though, I eat sushi all the time. Even beef sashimi. No problems.
Luck of the draw I'd say.
And it looks like you got the raw end.
Sorry to hear it. Get well.
Hope your better GP, I had it once from a cruise (its not always a good idea to try the local cuisine on excursions ) and Its NO FUN!! I wanted to die.
Feel better Sexxy
GP which Boston Market was it? I eat there about once a week and would hate for it to be the same place...

Also you mentioned your birthday was the 16th, my dad's is the same day
GP which Boston Market was it? I eat there about once a week and would hate for it to be the same place...

Also you mentioned your birthday was the 16th, my dad's is the same day Originally Posted by Eccie Addict

Hey all, I am certainly feeling much better today albeit a bit weak and very bloated ...lol I am taking tomorrow off, but should be back to normal and in full swing by Tuesday and ready to enjoy my fellow gentleman friends!

I ate at the Boston Market located on Hwy 6 South next to the Chic Filet by Town Square in First Colony. I won't be eating there again that is for sure.

Well Eccie, that makes your Dad a pretty cool fellow seeing that he is a cancerian like myself!
  • wikdj
  • 07-24-2011, 08:56 PM
Pedialite!!!!
Like my grandmother used to say, "Drink a 7UP". According to her, 7UP cures everything.
But make sure it's at room temperature.
Cases of food poisoning are up. I was told it has a lot to do with the people preparing the food. We're hitting new lows in that department.
Cases of food poisoning are up. Originally Posted by sharkie

IMO when the economy hits lows, as it is now, food serving/selling companies start reducing "waste" and thereby costs by pushing the edge on temperature, storage time, and preparation procedures, with a knowledge that reduced government budges results in fewer inspections.
Blend is right. Staph food infections are generally fast acting, but usually have an incubation period of at least two hours. Most staph food poisoning resolves within 24 hours. All other food poisoning takes between 24-48 hours to develop. i.e. so it might not have been the creamed spinach?
We need someone to pick up where Marvin Zindler left off, with the "Slime in the Ice Machine" type of reporting on the news.
Although the Creamed Spinich was most likely the culprit. Another point could be your immune system may have been a bit low prior. You mentioned your stomach had been bothering you last week. Most of us don't realize this but many times you may ingest food with a mild population of Pathogenic Bacteria in it. Creamed veggies are good environments for that. If our systems are working optiminal at the time you may have no ill affects, but if we aren't feeling quite up to par just that small dose can tax your system
Like my grandmother used to say, "Drink a 7UP". According to her, 7UP cures everything. Originally Posted by junglemonkey
Don't forget the pickle juice.