Faith vs Science

• CJ7
  • 02-17-2014, 11:20 AM

pray dumbass !
I have been surprised no one yet has brought up if he was a liberal or conservative yet. Originally Posted by i'va biggen
We were leaving that part up to you.

Jim
He must have been a conservative then or someone from the right would have said something.
  • Brot
  • 02-17-2014, 06:37 PM
Natural selection at work.
I would suppose it would depend on your choice or lack there of religion and the inability to understand free will.
Faith is a choice just as choosing to not have a faith belief is a choice.

I can neither prove there is a supreme being any more than you can prove that there is not.

On a personal level, I do not care if you choose to not believe, I do not really care and it bothers me not.
I find it rather amusing how bothered those that choose to not believe can get based on something they believe does not exist.

Science is something that can be proven once you are able to duplicate the same results and it is confirmed by the peers of science. Not all science is fact because of the lack of proof an is generally called theory. Much like man-made global warming is a theory that cannot be proven but some still call it science. Creative accounting, where you work backwards to make the numbers work only proves that a person can make a deduction based on generalities rather than facts.

Sometimes I wonder why humans are so highly evolved when we come from the same basic primordial soup. Why did the earthworm not evolve into something better than fish bait.

"The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honorable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. No interpretation no matter how subtle can (for me) change this. These subtilised interpretations are highly manifold according to their nature and have almost nothing to do with the original text. For me the Jewish religion like all other religions is an incarnation of the most childish superstitions."

http://www.rantlifestyle.com/2014/01...source=Adblade

quite a list. just skip to the end for the "smartest" man who ever lived gives his opinion, same as mine.

and he's a hebe. and German, well 1 outta two ain't bad. Einstein was smart enough to do two things. One, leave Nazi Germany. Two, convince FDR (that demmytard) we needed the BOMB first. and third, read the Bible for what it was, a story. Got that, bojulay ?

let's not forget this EPIC gem of "anti-science"

http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?t=798552

Man's three true religions. Money, War and ... the Church of Hooktardology

http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?t=798552&page=2

here's a goddess worthy of my sin

Fundamentalism is the bane of Christianity. Originally Posted by bojulay
In just about any religion, the fundamentalists are the scary folks to watch out for.

Fundamental faith in the constitution will probably play out that way too?
Einstein was a Deist, he believed in some not very well defined force
or persona that was responsible for creation, the order that he saw in the
universe led him to that belief. It is the lazy position, he spent about as much
time on the subject as he did fixing his hair in the morning.

He was a brilliant scientist but about as much of a bible scholar as Pee Wee Herman.

Yeah, photo shopped pics of hot girls are cool.
Einstein was a Deist, he believed in some not very well defined force
or persona that was responsible for creation, the order that he saw in the
universe led him to that belief.

it's called the general and special theories of Relativity.
and Quantum Mechanics.

It is the lazy position, he spent about as much
time on the subject as he did fixing his hair in the morning.

Or bothering to wear socks. that's about how long it took Einstein to "know the truth"

while already legendary for often going sockless, now he wore sandals...

http://www.einsteinatoz.com/faq.shtml

He was a brilliant scientist but about as much of a bible scholar as Pee Wee Herman.

and every bit as right. So give Pee Wee a Nobel!

Yeah, photo shopped pics of hot girls are cool. Originally Posted by bojulay
You may not pray nor fornicate at the alter of my sinners!! you non-believer!
did i also mention what a "Hail Mary solves all sins" Hypocrite you are?? i did.
A little documentary for you Wacko, put out by the BBC no less,
one of the most atheistic organizations on the planet, but even
they can't deny it. Oh yeah I forgot, they're still working on it.

Yep, here it comes. CRAP. not worth of my rebuttal. Einstein, no matter what, at the end was a non-believer. like you watched any of my science, like i'm going to watch this nonsense.

sin away hypocrite. when we both die, both of us will be worm food, but neither will know who's right. except that idiot "waiting for eternity" for a salvation that never comes.
Yep, here it comes. CRAP. not worth of my rebuttal. Einstein, no matter what, at the end was a non-believer. like you watched any of my science, like i'm going to watch this nonsense.

sin away hypocrite. when we both die, both of us will be worm food, but neither will know who's right. except that idiot "waiting for eternity" for a salvation that never comes. Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid
Brilliant! lol
I would have faith in two things God first then yourself. Having faith in your fellow man not so much.

Jim Originally Posted by Mr MojoRisin
don't bother with DOG .. er GOD. what's the difference?

• BJerk
  • 02-17-2014, 09:34 PM
The faith being referred to is faith in God, not faith in some man who thinks he can survive a venomous snake bite. God allows natural law to be in effect on earth. You wouldn't die in a situation where God intervenes and saves you from the snake bite.
The faith being referred to is faith in God, not faith in some man who thinks he can survive a venomous snake bite. God allows natural law to be in effect on earth. You wouldn't die in a situation where God intervenes and saves you from the snake bite. Originally Posted by BJerk
and how would you know? die and post to us. Please.