Why The Hell Can’t They Figure Out A Way To Decimate That 40 Mile Long Convoy?

Take out a few bridges. Originally Posted by winn dixie
i wouldn't touch pelosi's mouth if i were you
just give them attack helicopters!
just give them attack helicopters! Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm

the problem is they can't fly US planes. that's why the plan that appears to have fallen apart was to provide MIG's which they can fly and have trained to fly. how many of these pilots can read English? enough of them to fly say fifty planes? maybe. then there is the lack of actual flight experience. they get all that with MIG's, US planes and helicopters not so much.

at this point the training time doesn't allow for anything but MIG's which the Ukraine pilots can literally get in and fly them.
just give them attack helicopters! Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
Without air superiority, the attack helicopters are sitting ducks for the Russian Fighters.
Maybe some have forgotten their childhood memories of Easter. I certainly remember doing Easter Egg hunts all the time as a kid. One thing I learned from some other kids though was to put all of those eggs and goodies into a basket and watch it like a hawk against pilferers.

I would expect Putin has had similar experiences as a child. As current head of Russia and former head of the KGB - he would know how to guard his basket very carefully.
the problem is they can't fly US planes. that's why the plan that appears to have fallen apart was to provide MIG's which they can fly and have trained to fly. how many of these pilots can read English? enough of them to fly say fifty planes? maybe. then there is the lack of actual flight experience. they get all that with MIG's, US planes and helicopters not so much.

at this point the training time doesn't allow for anything but MIG's which the Ukraine pilots can literally get in and fly them. Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid
Actually, a lot of international pilots speak some English. English is the language of flying. Part of the problem is our reticence to sell our aircraft to other countries. Unlike the Russians, if a F-18 shows up in the sky then it can't be anyone else but an United States plane.
Without air superiority, the attack helicopters are sitting ducks for the Russian Fighters. Originally Posted by Jackie S
it appears that Russian fighters are AWOL and are now having to do night time sorties according to reports. they do not have air dominance during the day.

UKR airspace is apparently not safe for Russian fighters. too many aircraft and helos getting shit down for their liking.
some east Euro countries won't part with their migs.
some east Euro countries won't part with their migs. Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm

Poland seems more than willing to let go of their MIG's with a caveat, one maybe to high for the US to pay. Poland wants a "US made jet" for every MIG they give Ukraine, but yeah, other NATO countries want no part in what they see as the final step to war with Russia.

Doesn't Mutually Assured Destruction, still hold the same sway it has for decades now?

Or is this a worry that we will all die in a nuclear holocaust. Anybody really believe Putin would "accept" that inevitable outcome if we start exchanging nuclear weapons? It's a bluff. Yeah, easy for me to say.