Why don't you participate in Co-Ed discussions?

And to think I have peeps complaining that I participate .... tssss tsss tssss
Jas, this is a great thread, but I don't think you are going to really get at the heart of the answer. I started to realize that while typing my last post so I will deem this more of a rhetorical question. More so a way to let people reconsider (or bait, which ever you want to call it) to post more. People that don't post while they might respond to the poll, still won't go in depth to explain it. I won't speak for everyone, but I'm gonna venture to say that most of the people that do post regularly (myself included) will likely tend to have high levels of self-confidence and therefore believe that people are genuinely interested in what they have to say. LOL! Right. While we all need know it's quite the contrary. Everyone is better off knowing that. I am more inclined to believe people prefer to talk about themselves than actually listen to what others have to say. I use to my advantage everyday but that doesn't really matter. The cool thing about online forums, is people are less able to disregard your statements. They have to read ("listen to") them first! AhHa! Thankfully, this trait usually is developed by these people being interesting throughout their adolescence and typically, they are at least entertaining, even if they are BSC.

These type of people also typically where they don't really care if other people have a difference of opinion than them, those silly idiots who have a difference of opinion are just that, silly idiots, or if not a silly idiot in general, at the very least they are wrong in this instance. You're probably right but we would never know that. Also we would never know if people actually agree because they don't say so.

I think it would be more three primary factors that leads people not to post (but again, this is all just assumptions):
  • They aren't here to read posts, really? the views say otherwise. they are here to hire providers and/or post ads to find regulars so they no longer have to post ads
  • They are more of the wallflower and confrontation-avoiding personalities who don't want to hear people blast them for having a difference of opinions. Pussies!
  • They sort of feel "high and mighty" if you will and believe that they are "above" having to post on here and don't really give a shit what other people are posting.Yeah, but they do though. Again, the view counts prove it.
Whatever the reason, I think that you are basically not going to get many of them to really tell why for the same reason they haven't posted in the first place. That's fine, I have faith at least an ounce of good can come out of it.

Besides, there are always going to be new people like me who show up and start giving you a piece of my mind!! Yes and they are more than welcome! I think more will start showing up if they feel welcome. Originally Posted by gleemonex
And to think I have peeps complaining that I participate .... tssss tsss tssss Originally Posted by fun2come
I think many can agree you are likeable enough; even amongst all the BSCs around here.
And to think I have peeps complaining that I participate .... tssss tsss tssss Originally Posted by fun2come
I think many can agree you are likeable enough; even amongst all the BSCs around here. Originally Posted by Ebony Jasmine Love Austin
What??? The Nutty Bavarian has a fan base now???
What??? The Nutty Bavarian has a fan base now??? Originally Posted by cinnamonshark
LOL!

I guess.
I think some actually give the boards so much importance that they come to view it as their personal domain even though they claim it's all in fun.

To strengthen their board position packs are formed.

When a lone wolf enters the scene voicing an opposing opinion or viewpoint it is taken as a threat to board dominance and the pack surrounds and attacks in an attempt to either eliminate or drive away the intruder.

These attacks typically range from snipes such as "What do you know newbie" to coordinated vicious and offensive insults if that doesn't work.

The lone wolves with confidence stand their ground until the pack eventually finds another to focus upon. Others just run off.

This is neither welcoming nor an environment conducive to healthy dialogue.
im very very shy
and my very serious personality doesnt transfer well into the typed word
What??? The Nutty Bavarian has a fan base now??? Originally Posted by cinnamonshark
LOL!

I guess.
Originally Posted by Ebony Jasmine Love Austin
Forgive me for NOT participating, but I am distracted, well hypnotized really, by above pic for the next hour or two ... just staring at it

WOW, Damn, they even move these days ...

back and forth back and forth.... will you suck my dick ... sure why not.... see it see it???
I just a bit shy, so I don't post as much as some. Originally Posted by redbeard42

Kbf likes shy
I think some actually give the boards so much importance that they come to view it as their personal domain even though they claim it's all in fun. I think SL, Toyz and I share it all quite well.....

To strengthen their board position packs are formed. Formed? Never really seen much of that. Like minded individuals tend to come together at times.... The only time I was aware of anything intentionally "formed" over the years had to do with a handful of guys that decided to take over the San Antonio Forum and spin it around till everyone was dizzy and send it off in a new direction....

When a lone wolf enters the scene voicing an opposing opinion or viewpoint it is taken as a threat to board dominance and the pack surrounds and attacks in an attempt to either eliminate or drive away the intruder. Not really..... I think that's more an example of someone giving his position a little too much importance...

These attacks typically range from snipes such as "What do you know newbie" to coordinated vicious and offensive insults if that doesn't work. "Coordinated"?...

The lone wolves with confidence stand their ground until the pack eventually finds another to focus upon. Others just run off.

This is neither welcoming nor an environment conducive to healthy dialogue. Originally Posted by Windinhishair
Yet healthy dialogue occurs day in and day out.....
I think some actually give the boards so much importance that they come to view it as their personal domain even though they claim it's all in fun.

When a lone wolf enters the scene voicing an opposing opinion or viewpoint it is taken as a threat to board dominance and the pack surrounds and attacks in an attempt to either eliminate or drive away the intruder.

These attacks typically range from snipes such as "What do you know newbie" to coordinated vicious and offensive insults if that doesn't work.

This is neither welcoming nor an environment conducive to healthy dialogue. Originally Posted by Windinhishair
+1

Great thread, EJL!
Whispers actually I've always thought of you more as the lone wolf speak your own mind type but since you're putting yourself in the latter category who am I to argue?

After I supported Claire's point of view in the other thread how did I automatically know this would be immediately soon to follow?
Damn I must be psychic. lol

This mindset pretty much supports my above post.

Disagree with the self appointed board rulers and become instant target. Just waiting to see if and when other pack members join in.

Thanks for the perfect example that was needed. Your intent was to pick it apart but in doing so you've proven the post to be accurate.

OP This is why more viewers don't participate.
Ah stays purty bizzy jus' a-jerkin' mah gherkin. Thet way Ah kin blow mah load fer FREE an' have mo' munny ta spend on Lone Star beer an' pork rinds.

I voted but my choice was in default. Mainly its because I can't stand drama and/or people who are full of themselves. Some people I think spend WAY too much time on here and I can't stand how a great thread turns into some kind of bashing. smh