When Life Happens... How do you handle it?

And I can misinterpret. Been there, done that...and more than once.
  • CDL1
  • 08-11-2010, 02:35 PM
Well,

I don't blame the guy. Hey, he scheduled an agreed appointment at 9 AM. Through no fault of his own, he agrees to reschedule. Next, through no fault of his own, he agrees a second time to reschedule. Then, after agreeing to a time of 12 PM, three hours later, while he has been waiting around all day long getting irritated, he gets a third request for a reschedule.

He gives up.

Probably should not have brought up the fact that he wanted to post on the board because what she did was at 12:22 PM she fired the first salvo.

Too bad because now they will certainly not be meeting.

Could have been handled better on both sides.
TOMATO. :-))

For me, it completely urkes me when i get canceled on...I have to move mountains to set a time. Originally Posted by Surge
You sure have been moving a lot of mountains
I just texted Caitlyn after I read her post. Everything I will say here, I have already said to her in text.

Her version on how it all took place is very accurate. I must say, she has excellent writing skills. Yes, I told her that. Here is "goof #2", not #1. When trying to make the 3rd moved appt of 12:00 Noon, and knowing how the traffic is on I-35W, I left my North FW office at 11:00am, simply because I try to allow for traffic, which is a huge unknown in Fort Worth. I use to cuss the Dallas traffic, but haven't in the last 2 years. Fort Worth wins the "Fucked-Up Infrastructure Award" and will continue to do so until our "High-Five Over The Hill SH-183 and I-35W" gets revamped. But we won't live to see it in this lifetime. Haven't you heard? There's a $1 Billion project, not Million, with a "B", going on in the Grapevine area of SH 114, & SH 121. Central Expressway High-Five didn't cost half that amount. If you ask yourself why we have such obsolete highways in Tarrant County, well then, there ya have it. TXDOT funds are out of gas. Plus the funds for this 100 mile area of radius got all dumped into one single project near the DFW Airport.

Anyway.

But after filtering thru I-35W traffic, I-20 was running good, meaning I had allowed too much time for congestion. But that was ok, it's normal for me, cause I never want to appear when I do arrive that I just ran the 440. Plus, being late only causes scheduling problems on her end.

At about 11:30am, Caitlyn texted me, and my "Goof #2" was, I did not read her entire text, only the part of asking me to reschedule for in the morning. I did not read the part that her A/C quit.

BUT, "Goof #1" was when Caitlyn and her sister did not communicate well enough to mesh their appt schedules together. The two bumps I got from the initial 9:00am appt, being moved to 10:30am, then moved again to 12:00 Noon, to me, was the Goof #1 on her part. No different than having two teenagers wanting to borrow Dad's one and only car, when two cars would have solved the problem. Or no different than having two rooms to handle two clients at the same time. But how many Dad's can afford two cars, or how many providers can accomodate two clients at the same time? On the flip side, had we set up our initial appt. for 12:00 Noon, not 9:00am or 10:30am, and the A/C decided it was time to crap out 30 minutes before arriving as it did, I assure you, to which I assured Caitlyn, I would not have reacted the way I did. I would have been at her mercy somehow or some way.

Who said there's a 3-strike rule when seeing providers? Not saying that. My Goof was not reading all of her 3rd cancellation text while driving, and Caitlyn's Goof was not coordinating with her sister.

Big Johnny
Okay im a perv, is that you in the avatar. Caitlyn I would have had him in the heat, and jumped in the shower afterward.

Now you two kiss and make up and reschedule with each other. Calmest thread I have seen here between two people in a long time. Congrats
Things certainly do happen. Sometimes they are understood, sometimes not.

One thing I would mention, Caitlyn, would be to maybe have a backup incall. Have a place that you know you can go if need be if something gets mixed up like your first 2 happenings, or if something catastrophic happens like the 3rd. That way, you can get in the backup incall and still keep your sessions for the day. I'm not saying have a place paid for, but have some place that you know you can go to get a room if needed.
If big Johnny will have me.. I'd love to try again. this time with a working AC.

And Lisa, thanks. I'm a whole lot more grown-up than I used to be.
Oh... Laz... $1000 to fix the unit. ;(
Sure Caitlyn, I will definitely be in touch. You're very lucky you got it repaired so fast. Save all your notes LOL
Still Asleep, a back up incall? That's a lot of overhead, an incall and a back up incall. Shit happens, life happens. They got it figured out.
Now this is how two people have a problem get it out into the open talk it out then kiss and makeup.
If we had more adults on this board that would try this approach we would have less drama.

Big Johnny you will be glad you rescheduled with Caitlyn I saw here when she was in Frisco nice lady, had a lot of fun and most definitely not a clock watcher.

Caitlyn I am so glad your in Ft. Worth I will be calling you soon.
Tomato....Tomoto...Potato...Po toto....Lets call the whole thing off....

With one hour notice that is.....
Still Asleep, a back up incall? That's a lot of overhead, an incall and a back up incall. Shit happens, life happens. They got it figured out. Originally Posted by pyramider
You didn't read what I said. Read this part again:

I'm not saying have a place paid for, but have some place that you know you can go to get a room if needed. Originally Posted by still-asleep
In no way was I saying she should go RENT a backup place ahead of time to have just in case...

What I was attempting to suggest was for her to have a place in mind, in her phonebook or what not where she knows she can go get a room in a pinch in case something happens at her incall. Especially if working with another provider, if scheduling conflicts exist, having another place in mind where she can go get a room as a backup plan will allow the option of keeping the appointment and avoiding these types of things.

Yes they got it worked out which is great, but it could have also been avoided.
Life is Good...let's leave it on a high note.