The name of the military post didn't matter that much

What you don't seem to understand is that you can NEVER satisfy the mob. You give them Ft. Lee or Ft. Bragg today, tomorrow, it's Washington DC, or the Lincoln Memorial. Hell, the damn historically illiterate fools are already trying to take down statues of Lincoln.

If you are butt hurt because the name hurts your feelings, get the fcuk over yourself. If America is so fcuking racist, you probably should have better things to do than bitch about US Army post names.
Munchies MOS

must be why he has all the drunken stupors
Just did a little history on the ship I served on to make sure I don't have to demand they scrub the name from history. Whew! named after a bonified Navy hero in WW2

http://www.navsource.org/archives/05/837.htm

Having a military base named after a person should be reserved for men who kept the faith with the United States. Originally Posted by Munchmasterman
Oh dear! What's going to happen to Camp Munchkinman?

Ft. Bragg (home of the 82nd Airborne) is next to Fayetteville, North Carolina.[QUOTE=dilbert firestorm;1062106297]I didn't know of the one in california.

you didn't mention in your post that Fort Bragg was in california, not South Carolina if which I thought you were talking about.

the garrison was established in 1857, the town wasn't. that was established in 1889.

Looks like you're still so butthurt from your "fact check" bullshit thread that you miss the point of this thread.[/QUOTE]

butthurt? lol. i was not butthurt by that thread. what gave you that silly idea that I was. i reckon you were.
You give up too easily. They've been trying to complete Phase 1, which was to disarm the Conservatives. That has failed. Miserably.

Conservatives are CONSERVATIVE and tend to not engage in knee-jerk responses to threats .... don't see MLK statues being torn down!

If 10% of the population wants to start a war ... enjoy! Originally Posted by LexusLover
If getting tired of losing the culture wars for over 50 years to the leftists/DPST's/commies and faggots is giving up too easily, then I'm guilty.

If sadly realizing that after over 50 years of affirmative action/diversity concessions and trillions in government spending it still isn't enough for the left is then giving up too easily, then I confess.
  • oeb11
  • 07-04-2020, 08:02 AM
FF- 1984 has become reality!
Ft. Bragg (home of the 82nd Airborne) is next to Fayetteville, North Carolina. Originally Posted by Munchmasterman
north carolina, not south carolina.

I stand corrected.

p.s. fix your quote better next time. it was broken.
I think our military bases should be named for men who maintained continued loyalty to The United States of America.
with regard to confederate generals, many of them were pardoned and some rejoined the U.S. Army.
with regard to confederate generals, many of them were pardoned and some rejoined the U.S. Army. Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
Hell, the Vice President of the Confederacy(Alexander Stephens) served in Congress several terms and then as Georgia's governor after the end of the civil war.
I think our military bases should be named for men who maintained continued loyalty to The United States of America. Originally Posted by Jackie S
That means I'm qualified so I agree with you.
Hell, the Vice President of the Confederacy(Alexander Stephens) served in Congress several terms and then as Georgia's governor after the end of the civil war. Originally Posted by eccielover

true, a number of ex-confederates ran for congress; house & senate.

now, if they were traitors, they wouldn't be able to run for offices.

the fact that they did, shows they were pardoned as part of the reconciliation process with the southerners. this was an unfortunate byproduct of the deal between Tilden & Hayes presidential race where no one got the required electoral votes.
I don't understand how any of this is related to video games
I don't understand how any of this is related to video games Originally Posted by yitzchak
you're in the wrong forum. this thread has nothing to do with video games. lol