THE NEPAL EARTHQUAKE WAS CAUSED BY WHAT ????????????

If you actually believe your first sentence, you have absolutely no idea how real science works. Originally Posted by WombRaider
I know how Government Grants work.

The Universities and Research Facilities that get the big bucks are the ones who reach a conclusion that supports The Government's Hypothesis.
I know how Government Grants work.

The Universities and Research Facilities that get the big bucks are the ones who reach a conclusion that supports The Government's Hypothesis. Originally Posted by Jackie S
Wrong. And this just took two minutes of research. NASA's budget has remained the same or lower for about the last 40 years. And yet they find the same evidence for climate change.

http://climate.nasa.gov/blog/938

American Institute of Physics, finds the same thing.

http://www.aip.org/aip/about-aip

You're on the side of the flat-earthers in this debate.

And another little article that illustrates who is predisposed to not believing what science is telling us

http://reason.com/archives/2011/07/1...acy-climate-ch

"The researchers report that people whose values are located in Individualist/Hierarchy spaces “can be expected to be skeptical of claims of environmental and technological risks. Such people, according to the theory, intuitively perceive that widespread acceptance of such claims would license restrictions on commerce and industry, forms of behavior that Hierarchical/Individualists value."
The climate is changing. That's what climates do. We are not the cause. We adapt.
The climate is changing. That's what climates do. We are not the cause. We adapt. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
Those are only partially true.
Then what should we do, WormRaper?
Then what should we do, WormRaper? Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
Yeah, like he knows, lol.

Jim
Then what should we do, WormRaper? Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
Yeah, like he knows, lol.

Jim Originally Posted by Mr MojoRisin
I'd say a good start would be to bury our heads in the sand. Wait... you've already done that.

Renewable energy sources would be a good start.
I'd say a good start would be to bury our heads in the sand. Wait... you've already done that.

Renewable energy sources would be a good start. Originally Posted by WombRaider
We will always have to toil with the forces of nature. Renewable energy sources will not make a dam bit of difference.

Jim
We will always have to toil with the forces of nature. Renewable energy sources will not make a dam bit of difference.

How can you say that? That's an argument from ignorance. Look at the fracking that is causing all kinds of problems where it's been used. Eventually, these resources will become too expensive to retrieve or too dangerous to the surrounding environment to try and use.
How can you say that? That's an argument from ignorance. Look at the fracking that is causing all kinds of problems where it's been used. Eventually, these resources will become too expensive to retrieve or too dangerous to the surrounding environment to try and use. Originally Posted by WombRaider
Explain the dangers of fracking on the environment?

Jim
  • shanm
  • 04-30-2015, 07:59 PM
Explain the dangers of fracking on the environment?

Can't you just fucking google that? I mean seriously, just put those exact same words into google and you'll save everyone a lot of head ache.

Recently, in Ohio I think, regular fracking increased the number of earthquakes to almost 2 a day. Even their local government, who tried to dismiss the science at first, had to come clean on it.

Here I found an article for you. It links several academic papers explaining the effect of fracking on the environment.

http://time.com/3659649/fracking-ear...es-ohio-study/

Read up if you care about educating yourself

Here I found an article for you. It links several academic papers explaining the effect of fracking on the environment. Originally Posted by shanm
Just what we need. More wisdom from "academic papers".

Those who sit in Ivory Towers and make pronouncements concerning the real world, of which they know little.

The saying goes. "Those wo can, do. Those who can't, teach".
"
  • shanm
  • 04-30-2015, 09:03 PM

Those who sit in Ivory Towers and make pronouncements concerning the real world, of which they know little.

" Originally Posted by Jackie S
Jesus Christ, do you even read what you post?

" Originally Posted by Jackie S
You didn't go to college, did you? Einstein was an academic. You shit on him? Newton, Curie, Tesla. You shit on all of them. Those who can motherfucking spell, teach. Your lack of trust in science is troubling, but not unique. Most fear what they don't understand.
Jesus Christ, do you even read what you post? Originally Posted by shanm
I'm going out on a limb and saying he didn't go to college. He made it on his own and now he shits on those who are academics.