Next Best Thing's Memorial Day Thread

"He's not a hero. He's a hero because he was captured. I like people who weren't captured, ok?".

Fine line between that and:

"He's not a hero. He's a hero because he was killed. I like people who weren't killed, ok?"

Very fine. So fine, in fact, that i'd suggest the line is indistinguishable.

Look forward to hearing the rationalizations for supporting the guy who said it. Originally Posted by Doove
You're mental.
  • Doove
  • 05-24-2020, 06:58 PM
You're mental. Originally Posted by Next Best Thing
Solid rebuttal.
RIP Theodoric, King of Visigoths
KIA 8/30/0526
RIP Major General Joseph Warren, Massachusetts Patriot Militia
KIA 6/17/1775
RIP Vol. Sean South, Irish Republican Army
KIA 1/1/57
RIP Oglach Máiréad Farrell , Irish Republican Army
KIA 3/6/88
May you glory

And your fame

Be widely known
If you would like you can also describe what Memorial Day means to you from your own unique perspective. Originally Posted by Next Best Thing
....a rather unique way he celebrated MD 2020 ....

"He's not a hero. He's a hero because he was captured. I like people who weren't captured, ok?".

Fine line between that and:

"He's not a hero. He's a hero because he was killed. I like people who weren't killed, ok?"

Very fine. So fine, in fact, that i'd suggest the line is indistinguishable.

Look forward to hearing the rationalizations for supporting the guy who said it. Originally Posted by Doove

You are trying to ascribe moral character to people who lost all claim to their morals and conscience once they supported the guy who said it.....

elg.....
Sherman was a OG... I would of served under him any day. He knew what war was and that it's not only about winning battles it's about breaking the spirit of the people to continue... He said war in unto itself is savage and cruel and the more savage and cruel you wage it the sonner it will be over...Then he burned half of Georgia to the ground. Those times and days have long passed now we try to win the hearts and minds of the people whose village we just bombed or whose dad we just killed... you are saddleded with a impossible task that you can not complete which is why it never ends in places like Afghanistan and Iraq...
Great posts by Z here, but would be more in the spirit of Memorial Day if he would post pictures of Hussein Obama (D), Bill Clitoris (D), or even Dementia Joe (D) in their military costumes.

Used to be you could easily find pictures of American presidents wearing military outfits. Before Clitoris (D), you would have to go all the way back to Franklin Roosevelt (D) to find one who managed to evade military service.

RIP Lt General Thomas J Jackson, Confederate States of America
KIA 5/10/1863

edited due to woodywouldpekher telling it like it is re: abbreviating Memorial Day to MD.
Great posts by Z here, but would be more in the spirit of MD Originally Posted by Next Best Thing

All the spirit of Memorial Day is removed by abbreviating it to MD. js

It's as bad (and possibly worse than) abbreviating Christmas to xmas.
All the spirit of Memorial Day is removed by abbreviating it to MD. js

It's as bad (and possibly worse than) abbreviating Christmas to xmas. Originally Posted by woodywouldpekher
Sorry was not aware. Edited.

Hopefully it's not as bad as Happy Holidays in exchange for Christmas, which is appalling.

RIP Brigadier General John Swift, New York Volunteers
KIA 7/12/1814
  • Doove
  • 05-25-2020, 10:57 AM
Used to be you could easily find pictures of American presidents wearing military outfits. Originally Posted by Next Best Thing
Used to be you could easily find Presidents who didn't insult POW's for being POW's or who didn't get into verbal spats with Gold Star families.

Your military "tribute" is as phony as ya'lls outrage over Colin Kaepernick.