I've been ROBBED... By a REVIEW

Her showcase lists both Houston and Dallas, so it is safe to say she will be showing up here at some point. She might have thought it would be prudent to put this in the Dallas board for such a reason. She might have done so on the Houston board,too. (I didn't check myself).

As for will this hurt your rep? I only know three reviewers who a single bad review would make me seriously reconsider. Hell, if you're really worried about contact one of the more respect reviewers and see if they would like to give you a whirl. If you can get a positive review from DaaaaMan, you should be golden. We thread on how much he rocks the other day.
Screw that loser. The real question is when are you coming to Dallas? Now that you've posted this i the Dallas forum you are obligated to come here ASAP! Originally Posted by CajunBred
Im in Dallas ! LOL And im running a special this weekend, my 1st one just for all the great guys in Dallas xoxo
Im in Dallas ! LOL And im running a special this weekend, my 1st one just for all the great guys in Dallas xoxo Originally Posted by Breakinghearts101
We're pleased to have you visit our fair city, Ms Monroe. Sorry you had a joker such as this give you the runaround.....I, for one, cannot understand such rude behavior in anyone. If this indeed occurred in H-town as the review indicates, well, what can I say? I'm certain the hobbying men of the Dallas-Ft Worth are will be most happy to show you how a lady is to be treated ....as I trust you'll recipricate these courtesies with great admiration.

So have fun, stay safe, and I hope we see you visit often as possible.
My view is that posts like this only create drama. A lot of guys here try to avoid drama.
My view is that posts like this only create drama. A lot of guys here try to avoid drama. Originally Posted by ShysterJon
+1
one review won't ruin you, one. two, message the admins if you have his handle and see if they can toss that review. I've had mine tossed before on aspd for BS reasons. $$5 an hour. yikes. I'd write you a review but that's way outta my league. Good luck.
Screen, screen, screen .... and do not forget to screen.
There will always be a jerk in the crowd, but you need to stand strong and be safe.
Hello to the ECCIE community,
I recently joined this review board and if your new like me you know how some hobbyists (not all, they're are some great guys) will try and use a review to have their way....

My last review was from a hobbyist who tried to use a bad review as leverage or should I say blackmail to get his way with me, initially we agreed on 250 for the hour, when he arrived he wanted me to do a long list of services which was fine but when the hour was over he told me he needed $40 for his cab ride home, I was totally shocked when he said if I didn't he would write a bad review and ruin my name and reputation on this review board, I was so upset I didn't know what to do I told him no way and that he could not have my donation back, he repeated that he would "do me in" because I was new on the review board and he walked out, I felt totally helpless...

I spoke to a close friend(also a VP) about my incident and she explained that this happens sometimes and the only thing to do is be nice and polite about the situation, but also be assertive and firm with your client. To all those ladies out there who have fallen victim to this I feel for you...

my question to the board:
Is this what I should be expecting on this review board or is this just one asshole ???

Feedback is appreciated. Thank you R.M. Originally Posted by Breakinghearts101
The guy is a loser. He won't hurt your business. Let the other ladies know who he is in provider buzz. You handled the situation well and with following the advice you been given here on screening, you will find this is not the kind of behavior you should expect.
There really are some good guys here. I would think they are in the majority.
If you follow the board, read the posts, participate from time to time, you'll see who the good peeps are.

Have fun and stay safe.

Clouddancer
Agreed. Dallas is a lot better than a lot of Texas towns.
Just make sure to screen. Unfortunately, being as young as you are, some people are going to try to intimidate you because of your (hopefully since you're only 18) small amount of experience.
Another thing you can do is if something like that happens, bite it in the bud by writing a letter to the mods before a review comes out. Not sure if that helps, but I always like to put my story out there if I think there's a chance some dingbat is going to try to burn me for bullshit they pulled.
Not to be crass (or at least, not trying to be), but I and probably most of the gentlemen on this thread would be more than happy to visit and write a real review!

One poor review will quickly get buried in the good ones, if you are even half as sweet as you seem to be.

I'm a bit of a lurker rather than a poster, but I can say with confidence that no matter how careful you may be at screening, whereever you are or whatever you're doing . . . there are always going to be one or two assholes. Maybe that's just the fact that two people have the wrong personalities to mesh, or, maybe it's just like the guy you had the misfortune to run into (someone that everyone agrees is a dick).

Don't lose your charm. I think the good people outweigh the jerks by a pretty wide margin if you are careful.

Chewtoy