Hey Upstate Mods, Who's In Charge Here?

• Tiger
  • 10-20-2012, 03:14 PM
What I find funny as hell. A gal that I never worked for nor I ever bought time from contacted me today to join P411.

I think its a hoax. But I still will not join. errr not right now Originally Posted by offshoredrilling

Batman asked to join P411 would be that headline.

Maybe she thought P411 works in your little bar. (I think she was misinformed)
and wanting information
The 'between members' has been questioned many times. Most mods ignore those two words, but they have never been officially removed.
now that is funny
I did NOT send the email out, it is "spoofed" and made to appear like it's from me. The from address was gina@p-411.com (note the dash), which is NOT a domain I own.

In general, it made it look like I was sending an email out to warn members that I had released 1000 members information to the feds, but not too worry..... that was all the information I was going to release, and they were safe.

Please be aware that this email is completely fabricated and made to look as if it was sent from me. I did not write it, I did not send it, and I would NEVER do anything like this.

Somebody is just fucking with me.

Always,
Gina
  • GP
  • 10-20-2012, 04:19 PM
So from what I gather, this was an email to you (jokacz) from a NON MEMBER....... emphasis on the NON.

You deemed it necessary and posted it as an alert. Kudos to Jokacz for looking out for everyone.

Therefore, since the rule states members only, no where at all does it say NON, then I don't see the problem. I can see how you felt it should have stayed. If I were you, I would take the mod in question to task over his (mis)interpretation of the guidelines. Were you pointed? If so you should be screaming bloody murder right now.

It should have been left in view and could very easily have been cleared up by the staff and Gina explaining and then the alert would have been put to rest or at least people would have been aware that the email was a spoof from someone posing as the real Gina.
I received an e-mail bashing eccie recently.

Maybe a wife got ahold of a husband's hobby accounts.

It should have been left in view and could very easily have been cleared up by the staff and Gina explaining and then the alert would have been put to rest or at least people would have been aware that the email was a spoof from someone posing as the real Gina. Originally Posted by GP
That would have made good practical sense.

Someone receiving a similar email that didn't happen to check this thread would be shitting their pants.
  • Doove
  • 10-20-2012, 05:58 PM
I received an e-mail bashing eccie recently.

Maybe a wife got ahold of a husband's hobby accounts. Originally Posted by SweetElizabeth
You sure it wasn't from GP?
  • GP
  • 10-20-2012, 06:09 PM
You sure it wasn't from GP? Originally Posted by Doove
Wow, that was almost funny!
Cross-territorial moderating (except in a real emergency) is a touchy subject.
How about I say something since our NY mods seem to be off enjoying themselves elsewhere at the moment.

It'd be awful hard for me to misinterpret any of the guidelines, don't ya think?

There's not to be any discussion on this site of the source of that garbage you received in your emails. That's been understood for going on 2 years. Couple that with the fact that we do not allow the contents of PMs or emails to be posted on this site (no splitting hairs over members vs non-members) and its not that hard to conclude why that post received staff's attention.

Now, Gina has been gracious enough to address the situation and if anyone is still having trouble interpreting the message: the email is garbage and should be disregarded.

That's about it. Sorry this thread didn't receive a staff response; hope mine will suffice.
  • GP
  • 10-20-2012, 08:27 PM
St. C, thanks for taking the time to clear that up for us. I think your response might just suffice.

Sorry its taken me so long to chime in For me the rule:

#9 - No form of private communications between members are to be posted in our forums. This includes the contents of emails, PMs, IMs, private chat logs, privately shared images, etc. This is an invasion of another's privacy and will not be allowed.

Seems fairly obvious. I did NOT pick up on it simply because I am on everyday but DON'T review everything as well as I should. The fact that a fellow Mod addressed it, well ..., I personally try not to pop in to other areas because they are generally covered so why this was done I can't explain.

But Gina, THANK YOU! And I hope that whoever it is STOPS Fucking With You!

DD
errr we need to double upset ny mod pay

will that help??????
LOL. too late to chime in after the boss speaks.