Whispers, why?

I cannot speak for Whispers, but I can certainly give my POV on the question.

I feel that as his friend, he is obligated to call him out on bad behavior. If I am close friends with someone and I am being an asshole (I know, hard to imagine, right!!!) then they, as my friend have the right to call me out on it. Who else can?? If it is someone that I do not know or someone that is my enemy (opposite of friend, not literal) then that just makes it worse and would make me behave worse than I already am. However, if a guy that I share beliefs and ideals with and we have the bond of friendship says I am behaving badly, then I am more apt to listen and stop and take a look at my own behavior, and because I respect the person that is telling me to chill, I am more likely to step back and consider the possibility that he is right and that I am out of line with my behavior.

Also consider that as friends, you might know about some of the influences in a given persons life at that moment in time that may be a contributor to the behavior. Because you have this insider knowledge, you should step up and help your friend through the tough times and especially if he or she is lashing out at others unnecessarily on needlessly.

I consider sixx a friend, and as such, another friend was absolutely correct to call him out on his behavior. I know sixx would do the same for me!

Spacemtn
AustinModStaff
It is fun to see that Whispers titres are still there to back him up.

Please do no correct my English. I am not completly bilingual but I am also not stupid.

I just see that when some man says something about Whispers or his mono, Sixx, then ECCIE supervisores step in to defend them.

I do mean no disrespect, so do not give me more puntos, but even stupid Mexicanos like me can see what is going on here!

Jajajajajaja!
  • S O B
  • 05-16-2012, 06:27 AM
+1 Jajajajaja!
I cannot speak for Whispers, but I can certainly give my POV on the question.

I feel that as his friend, he is obligated to call him out on bad behavior. If I am close friends with someone and I am being an asshole (I know, hard to imagine, right!!!) then they, as my friend have the right to call me out on it. Who else can?? If it is someone that I do not know or someone that is my enemy (opposite of friend, not literal) then that just makes it worse and would make me behave worse than I already am. However, if a guy that I share beliefs and ideals with and we have the bond of friendship says I am behaving badly, then I am more apt to listen and stop and take a look at my own behavior, and because I respect the person that is telling me to chill, I am more likely to step back and consider the possibility that he is right and that I am out of line with my behavior.

Also consider that as friends, you might know about some of the influences in a given persons life at that moment in time that may be a contributor to the behavior. Because you have this insider knowledge, you should step up and help your friend through the tough times and especially if he or she is lashing out at others unnecessarily on needlessly.

I consider sixx a friend, and as such, another friend was absolutely correct to call him out on his behavior. I know sixx would do the same for me!

Spacemtn
AustinModStaff Originally Posted by Spacemtn

"I cannot speak for whispers."

Seems as though you just did.
"I cannot speak for whispers."

Seems as though you just did. Originally Posted by whimpers

No, actually I did not! I gave my POV on what a friend's role could or should be in a situation like this one. I don't pretend to know what were Whispers motivations for what he did, I simply answered the question from my own personal POV that the OP asked.

I do not need to defend Whispers! He is a big boy and is more than capable of defending himself, not that he is required to do so at all. I also will tell him when I think he is wrong or out of line with his comments or thoughts.

Some here may feel that he was OOB to call sixx out. That is fine as everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I simply looked at the situation as pointed out by the OP and thought about what I would want my "friends" to do if it were me. Kind of like those TV comercials where the person is played by an actor with a bad disposition until one of their "friends" tells tham that they need to eat a Snickers because they are an asshole when they are hungry!!! They eat the Snickers and miraculously change back to themselves.

Spacemtn
AustinModStaff
Wow...from what I have seen on this Coed section everyone calls out whoever they want, whenever they want, even when it is not warranted....if you are friends with someone you talk to them privately not publicly and if you are accusing someone contact them privately before doing it publicly...there are always 3 sides to every story and all the "calling people out publically without all the facts is childish and just looking for drama and attention...there is a reason we have PM system or if you are friends call them....just my opinion
Wow...from what I have seen on this Coed section everyone calls out whoever they want, whenever they want, even when it is not warranted....if you are friends with someone you talk to them privately not publicly and if you are accusing someone contact them privately before doing it publicly...there are always 3 sides to every story and all the "calling people out publically without all the facts is childish and just looking for drama and attention...there is a reason we have PM system or if you are friends call them....just my opinion Originally Posted by Irish Vixen
+1
Wow...from what I have seen on this Coed section everyone calls out whoever they want, whenever they want, even when it is not warranted....if you are friends with someone you talk to them privately not publicly and if you are accusing someone contact them privately before doing it publicly...there are always 3 sides to every story and all the "calling people out publically without all the facts is childish and just looking for drama and attention...there is a reason we have PM system or if you are friends call them....just my opinion Originally Posted by Irish Vixen
I personally would prefer to be called out publicly. Especially if there were rumors and here say that are not true going on about me. That way I can publicly address all of the he & she sayers at once, and put an end to the rumors and here say. The person who called me out can also publicly apologize if they happen to be accusing me, or I would even be willing to thank them for putting an end to the BS.

While some don't recognize this as a blessing and choose to make it worse, others might see it as a good thing. But we all don't agree on most things. That is why it's called an OPEN forum.
I personally would prefer to be called out publicly. Especially if there were rumors and here say that are not true going on about me. That way I can publicly address all of the he & she sayers at once, and put an end to the rumors and here say. The person who called me out can also publicly apologize if they happen to be accusing me, or I would even be willing to thank them for putting an end to the BS.

While some don't recognize this as a blessing and choose to make it worse, others might see it as a good thing. But we all don't agree on most things. That is why it's called an OPEN forum. Originally Posted by Ebony Jasmine Love Austin
Good point but I still think private is better...but to each his/her own and I think it takes a classy person to publicly say Hey I was wrong and apologize for doing this publicly when I didn't have all the facts...but than we all handle things differently....
...but than we all handle things differently.... Originally Posted by Irish Vixen
Sure do. Also some people need to show some "class" and stop harassing others based on something that has nothing to do with them.

Don't start with me girl. My next apt is at 6:30 and he wants me to be a real bitch so I'm getting into character.

Trust me, you don't want none of this.

While some don't recognize this as a blessing and choose to make it worse, others might see it as a good thing. But we all don't agree on most things. That is why it's called an OPEN forum. Originally Posted by Ebony Jasmine Love Austin
You need to read things in their entirety, and stop forming thoughts and trying to make points on half of what you read. You obviously don't understand what BACK THE FUCK OFF means.
Irish Vixen, do us all a favor and don't hijack this thread. If you want someone to publicly apologize, start your own thread and see how far that gets you.

This passive aggressive bullshit is "childish" and "looking for drama"; as you say.
It's pretty much all about the " Look at me" factor with these clowns. They must live pretty simple lives to want to be the chatter boxes they are on this site. Pretty pathetic if you ask me......but hey......you can't fix stupid.
Just like a damn soap opera............pass the popcorn and Grapico!
It's pretty much all about the " Look at me" factor with these clowns. They must live pretty simple lives to want to be the chatter boxes they are on this site. Pretty pathetic if you ask me......but hey......you can't fix stupid. Originally Posted by Monsterball
I'm sure the same can be said about people who assume others live simple lives, and insult people indirectly.
BTW I am a writer, so this board is an outlet and mostly an inspiration. Simple enough for you?

If you think someone is stupid, a clown, lives a simple life then just come out and say who you are talking about. Or just keep your insults to yourself.

To prove I'm not seeking attention lets get this one back on track....
See, I used to think the same about Whispers a looooong time ago. I wasn't scared to call him on his shit. Over time, I started to enjoy his presence on the board. Why? Because I respect that everyone is entitled their own opinion and can express themselves anyway they want within the guidelines. Why? Because really, if it has no harmful effect (and I'm not talking words here. we all know those don't break us) on me or others, what's it to me?

Not everyone is going to agree with you or like you. They might even think you are stupid. They might even call you out. SO WHAT! If you are a big boy/girl you can handle it.