Biden is pussy-a-fying the military

changing genes is wildy unpredictable. we don't know a tenth of what the human genes do, let alone know some functions of the human body.

i read a short story years ago about the dangers of gene alterations. don't remember who wrote it, i've forgotten some details of the story. in this particular future, the population of earth was wiped out by a gene virus that got out of control. People were altering themselves in different ways, remains were found with tails, others with wings, etc... I think it was some explorers who found a monument erected by the survivors.
As long as they can pass the same fitness requirements as the men, and acknowledge they're gonna get raped if taken prisoner, then by all means, have a go
The problem was/is that they generally can not, so standards are lowered for everyone. If there’s anywhere that needs to be a pure meritocracy it’s the military. The left will do whatever they can to oppose that, which does nothing but make the country and our interests less secure.
My brother hadn't shot a rifle in decades. He picked up my AR15 and shot a inner bull at 50 yards on the first shot. Granted, the rifle was scoped it and he was seated.

Women can't pass the men's standards. They've hand picked women to try and last I saw they all failed. It's easy to shoot a rifle accurately. It's harder to tote it 10 miles and shoot it when others are shooting back. Has any woman passed sniper school?

Why even have "a maternity flight suit?" If you're flying Eagles off an aircraft carrier 7 mos preggers, you've got a major problem that a flight suit isn't going to fix. Maybe if your flying some type of transport but the risk is definitely increased. Hell, they will ground you even if you have the smallest amount of ***forbidden subject*** in your system. Originally Posted by gnadfly
Eagles (F-15) don'tfly off carriers and the maternity suit was developed during Trump's administration.

https://www.politifact.com/factcheck...-duty-uniform/
OK, Tomcats, not Eagles.

Your politifact article is hazy at best. Other than "the initiative" started under the Trump administration, it says little.
changing genes is wildy unpredictable. we don't know a tenth of what the human genes do, let alone know some functions of the human body.

i read a short story years ago about the dangers of gene alterations. don't remember who wrote it, i've forgotten some details of the story. in this particular future, the population of earth was wiped out by a gene virus that got out of control. People were altering themselves in different ways, remains were found with tails, others with wings, etc... I think it was some explorers who found a monument erected by the survivors. Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm

It use to be before CRISPR, now the ability to change genes is only limited by medical ethics.

CRISPR technology
is a simple yet powerful tool for editing genomes. It allows researchers to easily alter DNA sequences and modify gene function. Its many potential applications include correcting genetic defects, treating and preventing the spread of diseases and improving crops.

But you are right about not completely understanding what all our genes do but the science is advancing so fast at a rate never thought possible just like it was thought we wouldn't have a Covid vaccine for another year.

We do know that some ( very few humans ) feel no pain and that is related to a gene. When we, if we haven't already, find that gene and understand what is missing, we simply change that gene and create a human that can not feel pain. Imagine that ability in a combat soldier.

I can easily imagine that in another 20 years or less, we will be able to eliminate most if not all genetic based disease. The question being asked now by ethicists, is should we. Of course we should IMHO.
i read a short story years ago about the dangers of gene alterations. don't remember who wrote it, i've forgotten some details of the story. in this particular future, the population of earth was wiped out by a gene virus that got out of control. People were altering themselves in different ways, remains were found with tails, others with wings, etc... I think it was some explorers who found a monument erected by the survivors. Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
I like science fiction, too.

Asimov, or Heinlein?
That is what you Bidenphiles voted for.
But hey maybe we will get that cancer cure
I like science fiction, too.

Asimov, or Heinlein? Originally Posted by pfunkdenver

could have been heinlein. the book I read was a collection of short stories by different writers. have that book somewhere on the bookcase. I think it might be in the "9,000 names of God" novel.
pudding and chief don't know what planet he's on sooo