Black woman elected entire police force quits

They're not. Ireland, which is part of the UK, is the only place where regular police carry weapons.

But I agree that the situation is different in the U.S.
Why? simple, it's because our civilian population is loaded.
You can't take away guns from the police and throw them out there to fend for themselves. The U.S will probably never be gun-free, so there is no point or reason for disarmament of the police. Originally Posted by shanm
Just curious, why is Ireland so different from the rest of the UK as far as arming their police force?

Jim
I saw this story earlier and EVA left out a couple of things (big surprise). The town of Parma is about 800 odd people with 41% of them being black. This woman was the former town clerk. She thinks there are too many public servants on the payroll especially the police. Sounds a bit like the powers that be got caught flat footed at the ballot box and she surprised them. So now she has a brand new police force to hire and many city slots to fill. I don't see a problem. If these cops were racist (no proof of that and we don't even know their races) then they're gone. If the city officials were sexist (and we don't know what their sex was) then they're gone. Sounds like real good times ahead.
Someone please tell Sha-na-na that in the UK, a person who strikes a police officer will likely get more time (depending on the initial problem) than someone over here who shoots at a cop. Different rules, different culture, no comparison.
  • shanm
  • 04-21-2015, 01:23 AM
Just curious, why is Ireland so different from the rest of the UK as far as arming their police force?

Jim Originally Posted by Mr MojoRisin
It's actually a very interesting story. Not sure if I'll get it all right but I'll fix it later if need be.
Firstly, it's not in all of Ireland that police carry guns, only in northern Ireland. If you ask Brits they will say that its because they Irish are drunk fucks that deserve to be shot.

The reality is that it's part tradition and part necessity. The Irish have a history of civil unrest and revolution, especially in the northern parts where the ultras and extremists are more common. I think they are called the Irish republican association(IRA), not sure.
They want separation from the UK and want to be part of their own independent country. Anyone with common sense (over there) can tell you that that is a terrible idea and their Irish economy would be in tatters if it wasn't for it's affiliation to the UK. Even the Scots voted to stay with the Britannia last year after much debate. But that still doesn't cause the Irish republicans to stir shit every once in a while.
The Irish police have been considered a sort of military force for north ireland actually, they are called RUC something. They've put down entire revolts and revolutions from the IRA. The police is therefore seen as a symbol for the majority of the irelanders, and they command a lot more respect than ordinary PD's here in America or elsewhere. Kind of like the swiss guard in the Vatican.
So it's actually both symbolic and necessary for northern Irish police to carry guns
They're not. Ireland, which is part of the UK, is the only place where regular police carry weapons. Originally Posted by shanm
Just curious, why is Ireland so different from the rest of the UK as far as arming their police force? Originally Posted by Mr MojoRisin
Ireland is NOT part of the U.K. Only Northern Ireland is.

Great Britain = England, Scotland, Wales.

United Kingdom = Great Britain + Northern Ireland.

Ireland (the nation, not the island) = Republic of Ireland = Separate, independent, country since at least the end of 1921.
  • shanm
  • 04-21-2015, 01:25 AM
Someone please tell Sha-na-na that in the UK, a person who strikes a police officer will likely get more time (depending on the initial problem) than someone over here who shoots at a cop. Different rules, different culture, no comparison. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
Did you even read what I said numbskull?
  • shanm
  • 04-21-2015, 01:29 AM
Ireland is NOT part of the U.K. Only Northern Ireland is.

Great Britain = England, Scotland, Wales.

United Kingdom = Great Britain + Northern Ireland.

Ireland (the nation, not the island) = Republic of Ireland = Separate, independent, country since at least the end of 1921. Originally Posted by ExNYer
I know that "putz", I used to live there. I sometimes forget how naive most Americans are reading a map. Yes Ireland(republic of Ireland) is a separate country located next to the UK. I was responding to Mojo's claim when he was wondering where in the UK police carry guns. They only do in northern Ireland which is still part of the UK. Forgot the "northern", crucify me.
I know that "putz", I used to live there. I was responding to Mojo's claim when he was wondering where in the UK police carry guns. They only do in northern Ireland which is still part of the UK. Forgot the "northern", crucify me. Originally Posted by shanm
Touchy aren't we? It wasn't a criticism. I was just pointing out the difference for those who don't know.

But, hey, since you used to live there, I won't call you putz or mope anymore.

Amadan.
Did you even read what I said numbskull? Originally Posted by shanm
It doesn't matter if he read it. The relevant question is, "Can anybody understand anything you write?"

Amadan.
  • shanm
  • 04-21-2015, 01:40 AM
Touchy aren't we? It wasn't a criticism. I was just pointing out the difference for those who don't know.

But, hey, since you used to live there, I won't call you putz or mope anymore.

Amadan. Originally Posted by ExNYer
I like you a little bit more now. I actually lived in England, not Ireland, but close enough.

Funny thing, the first time I heard that word was in Scotland.
  • shanm
  • 04-21-2015, 01:41 AM
It doesn't matter if he read it. The relevant question is, "Can anybody understand anything you write?"

Amadan. Originally Posted by ExNYer
What? Sorry I couldn't understand what you wrote.
Where's LL? I thought he said racism was dead in this country? Originally Posted by WombRaider
The operative words in this LIE are ..... "I thought" .. which is also a LIE.

In fact .. when I said you are a racist, which you are, I confirmed it's "alive"!
Parma ,Mo elected it's first black woman as mayor. and the entire police force quits.
If Hillary gets elected will the right wing leave the country>>> LOL Originally Posted by i'va biggen
"According to Mayor Randall Ramsey, five out of six police officers resigned this week, effectively immediately.

Mayor Ramsey said the city's attorney, the clerk and the waste water treatment plant supervisor also turned in resignation letters citing "safety concerns."

All SIX of them?

"The sky is falling, the sky is falling....."

Parma Police Department - Parma, MO
Contact Information

Address 1: 103 E Main St
City: Parma
State: MO
County: New Madrid County
Phone #: 573-357-4641
Fax #: 573-357-4641
Parma Police Department
3 Officers from this Agency
are PoliceOne Members

Additional Information

Type: Police Departments
Population Served: 995
Number of Officers: 2
I saw this story earlier and EVA left out a couple of things (big surprise). The town of Parma is about 800 odd people with 41% of them being black. This woman was the former town clerk. She thinks there are too many public servants on the payroll especially the police. Sounds a bit like the powers that be got caught flat footed at the ballot box and she surprised them. So now she has a brand new police force to hire and many city slots to fill. I don't see a problem. If these cops were racist (no proof of that and we don't even know their races) then they're gone. If the city officials were sexist (and we don't know what their sex was) then they're gone. Sounds like real good times ahead. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
Was a two part question which no one touched the second part. Buy the bye are you going to write a review on your latest conquest on the stroll?
"According to Mayor Randall Ramsey, five out of six police officers resigned this week, effectively immediately.

Mayor Ramsey said the city's attorney, the clerk and the waste water treatment plant supervisor also turned in resignation letters citing "safety concerns."

All SIX of them?

"The sky is falling, the sky is falling....."

Parma Police Department - Parma, MO
Contact Information

Address 1: 103 E Main St
City: Parma
State: MO
County: New Madrid County
Phone #: 573-357-4641
Fax #: 573-357-4641
Parma Police Department
3 Officers from this Agency
are PoliceOne Members

Additional Information

Type: Police Departments
Population Served: 995
Number of Officers: 2 Originally Posted by LexusLover
If you had a point it must have gotten lost in the babble.
Work on review #65. This shit isn't for you. There's so much wrong with the ignorance of what you just said. I can't... it's not worth it. People like you make me sad for this country. I'm not going to change your mind on a hooker board. Maybe one day you'll get it. Maybe you won't. Originally Posted by WombRaider
Does that mean you AREN'T CELEBRATING???

And the fact that you have ZERO reviews on a hooker board means you just come here to post in the politics section?? TFF.