What is this new hobby trend called?... Look at me!! I can make super long thread titles too!! Woot!! Woot!!!

no serious replies??...

Btw, I was talking to a girl a few weeks ago about all of this and she just kinda chuckled when I brought it up. She is a frequent guest to some of these functions and told me it was more for the business/customer relations than anything. Some P4P guys apparently need their ego stroked outside the bedroom too, and by participating she's been able to increase her business significantly... Nothing wrong with that I guess...

but the vibe I got was... yeah, I entertain those old farts non-bcd to get more business...
Gee, who would have guessed.

no serious replies??...

Btw, I was talking to a girl a few weeks ago about all of this and she just kinda chuckled when I brought it up. She is a frequent guest to some of these functions and told me it was more for the business/customer relations than anything. Some P4P guys apparently need their ego stroked outside the bedroom too, and by participating she's been able to increase her business significantly... Nothing wrong with that I guess...

but the vibe I got was... yeah, I entertain those old farts non-bcd to get more business... Originally Posted by Elephant

If that were the case, would you expect any of them to cough up that morsel in public forum?
It's kinda like Twitter... Man, you really start to appreciate the 140 character limit on Twitter after reading Austin coed for a week. Originally Posted by Elephant
TFF!!!
.......She is a frequent guest to some of these functions and told me it was more for the business/customer relations than anything. ........ and by participating she's been able to increase her business significantly...

but the vibe I got was... yeah, I entertain those old farts non-bcd to get more business... Originally Posted by Elephant

yup.. it happens....
no serious replies??...

So I assume that her time with you was free of charge?

LF
So I assume that her time with you was free of charge? Originally Posted by LadiesFan
Hell No!

This is a service business. I expect to be properly compensated for my services, how should I expect any different from my provider companions? Like I mentioned in my previous post I find the SD/pseudo-dating a little odd. Nothing wrong with it... but the stories/reviews/infatuation I've recently seen have been going beyond the traditional idea of what the hobby is... at least in my eyes... Sometimes I worry that my fellow hobbyist can't distinguish between P4P Fantasy Land and the real world.
Sometimes people should just recognize a really good time for what it is - a really good time - and enjoy it without casting such a critical eye.

I can only speak for myself here, but...

Since I started becoming more socially involved in the hobby, those inevitable feelings of isolation and forced secrecy that so often bring providers down have pretty much vanished... I have a fantastic group of people that I can enjoy a meal with, have a few drinks with, and trust to not take advantage of the situation. And on top of that, I can be totally honest about how my day went, what my schedule is like for the next week, etc. That's a pretty cool feeling.

Yes, there is an element of "fantasy" in P4P, but the lines are easily blurred, especially when you're dealing with a group of otherwise unattached individuals who trule enjoy each others' company beyond the privacy of the bedroom. Providing may not be the only thing I do for work, and I don't define myself by my participation in the hobby, but but while I'm a provider, this is the real world for me.

While I may have spent BCD time with the gents I mention in my "Omigod I'm having so much fun!" threads, for the most part, my relationships with them have evolved into genuine friendships, and I no longer maintain a provider/client relationship with them. I think I may see where the disconnect is happening. I genuinely value the people I choose to associate with for who they are, and I feel that they have just as much to offer me as I do them. I don't view my spending time with those guys in a group of people at a restaurant, concert or a bar as a "service," and don't expect a donation for public hangouts that I initiate, nor do I expect those hangouts to result in paid BCD time, either on that night or in the future.

Elephant - You wanted an honest reply, so here it is: If providers and hobbyists can't share their experiences with each other - paid or unpaid - in the CoEd section of a local hobby forum, then where are they supposed to talk about it? Is the fact that specific groups of people are actually having a good time and getting along in this madhouse community really the biggest complaint you have?

Is it really so hard to believe that someone can actually make friends here?
Damn, that was supposed to be my Christmas present to you.

I'll have to give my gift of salty-sweet deliciousness to someone else now. Originally Posted by blenderhead
NO! One can never have too much salty-sweet deliciousness!!

I think we should make bacon chocolate chip cookies together for Santa's reindeer.
  • Carl
  • 12-16-2010, 12:53 AM

... the salty-sweet deliciousness. Originally Posted by Natalie Reign
Salty-sweet deliciousness?

Let me know if anyone comes across pussy-flavored chocolate.

I'm tired of giving out fruitcakes around the Holidays.
I think Elephant wants an invite.
I think Elephant wants an invite. Originally Posted by Damon Bradley
Well, damn. All he has to do is ask nicely.
  • 12-16-2010, 07:54 AM
I *wish* I was suitable for your coterie; in addition to all my other defects, I'm a lark and a teetotaler.
I *wish* I was suitable for your coterie; in addition to all my other defects, I'm a lark and a teetotaler. Originally Posted by 78704
We're not always drinking, darling. Plus, you can juggle!! Everyone needs a decent juggler in their entourage.
Hell No!

This is a service business. I expect to be properly compensated for my services, how should I expect any different from my provider companions? Like I mentioned in my previous post I find the SD/pseudo-dating a little odd. Nothing wrong with it... but the stories/reviews/infatuation I've recently seen have been going beyond the traditional idea of what the hobby is... at least in my eyes... Sometimes I worry that my fellow hobbyist can't distinguish between P4P Fantasy Land and the real world. Originally Posted by Elephant
Aside from reading and hearing about some of the adventures, I don't have any insight to what goes on during these outings, but I would venture to guess that those who would have trouble distinguishing P4P and real world because of these outings are probably the same ones that would have the same problems without the outings.