I Love Memphis!

The flagship Gus's location on South Front Street is closest to where I live, so I'm likely to get there first. Sadly, I doubt I will be able to make Jodi's acquaintance this trip, or I might get to the Wolfchase location first.

And one day, the Commissary!

Cheers,

bcg Originally Posted by bluffcityguy
Gus' on mendenhall is better. Also if you(everyone) want amazing ribs, go to the rendezvous - it's downtown as well. And, for the first time visitors, don't forget to do Huey's. it's a great place to get a burger.
Gus' on mendenhall is better. Also if you(everyone) want amazing ribs, go to the rendezvous - it's downtown as well. And, for the first time visitors, don't forget to do Huey's. it's a great place to get a burger. Originally Posted by Kabarakh
There seems to be a Memphis city ordinance that requires us locals to take first-time visitors to the Rendezvous. I've never had a bad rack of ribs there myself, but I'd rate both The Bar-B-Q Shop and Central as having better ribs (for numerous visits over the past year and a half I've never had anything less than perfect ribs from The Bar-B-Q Shop, and Central's have always been beyond reproach). I stopped recommending the Rendezvous to visitors about a year ago; while I've never been disappointed in the ribs there, five different people I'd recommended the Rendezvous to were very, very disappointed in the quality of the grub. For recommendations to friends, I'm personally sticking to The Bar-B-Q Shop and Central now.

I love Huey's burgers and fries myself (and I think their onion rings rock), but I've gotten so many reports of better burgers elsewhere that I think I'm going to make it a summer project to go sample a few to see for myself. The proprietor of the Best Memphis Burger blog (http://www.bestmemphisburger.com/), in blogging the local burger scene for almost two years now, has awarded 5 stars (his top rating) to only one establishment: Off The Hoof Burgers in Arlington (a little over a half-hour northwest of Memphis; see http://www.bestmemphisburger.com/201...5-star-burger/ for the 5-star review).

I'm feeling a bit guilty with all this food talk; while it might well tempt Jodi back for at least one more visit to Memphis, at the rate we're going if she tries all our recommendations how is she going to keep that sexy figure?

Cheers,

bcg
now I am hungry for some Gus's!
Went to Minglewood Hall last night to see the Mud Boys! AMAZING! I HEART MEMPHIS!