I feel like...

Sorry to hear about the loss of your father.
My heartfelt condolences.
Condolences and hope for a better tomorrow.
Regards,
Vicki,

I'm so sorry for you loss! I know that no words would ever make it feel any better at this time! Just remember that there are many people that care immensely about you and are here for you!!!

You take care of yourself and you know how to get a hold of me.

May your dad Rest in Peace!!!
vicki, i extend my heartfelt condolences to you and the rest of your family.
losing anyone, esp a parent, is not something any of us wishes to go thru, but we must.

it's great that the two of you were so close and were able to spend the last several years near each other.

now that he's passed on to the next phase of his existence, remember all the good things about him, about your relationship with him, about things you did together.

then share those memories with as many family members as possible!!
that'll keep him close to you and others for many years to come!!

for it is only when folks quit speaking about us do we die.

may peace be with you and surround you and your family with love!!
I am sorry for your loss as well VN-
You and yours will be in my prayers.
V, So sorry to hear about your loss. I know from your trial updates that it has been a very difficult time in your life with your father for some time, but sounds like the last few weeks reached even a worse level of stress.

While trying to find some normalcy in life is important, do realize that you still must take time to properly grieve your loss. He was an integral part of your life, and there will be a void that can never be filled. Don't let the stress get to you, and you (and no one) owes us an explanation. Life is what happens, and none of us have any control over these events.

TC
Blessings to you V even if you can't see them yet. I'm here for you.
V, I didn't realize what was going on last week and I'm sorry to have bothered you at such a critical time. I'm sorry for your loss.
Vnurse, I know that I have not had the pleasure of your company. I know of the pain that you feel as my father passed away 1 1/2 years ago. Just know that your father will always be with you at heart. He will live on in the wonderful memories that you two have shared. My condolences Vnurse.
OH MY!!! I cannot begin to tell you how much I appreciate all of these wonderful, kind words! You people here are awesome!

I was NEVER "bothered" by ANYONE who contacted me during the past couple of weeks at all, mayday. There was no way anyone could possibly have known what was going on! In a weird, sick, twisted way, you ALL are like family here (LOL! ... so don't worry about anything at all.

Slowmover, we did ask that donations be made in his name in lieu of flowers and if you'd like, PM me and I'll give you details. Thank you very much for asking!

I am doing fine...I have my moments, of course, but I am thrilled that we had so many sweet years together! And yes, the lawsuit (apparently) took more of a toll on him than I ever realized.

I know in my heart of hearts that the injuries he sustained from his fall were definitely life shortening but a dear friend of mine suggested that the lawsuit MAY have actually given me a few more years WITH him. I never looked at it that way but hey, that's a good thought. I'll take it!

Thank you all SOOOOO very much! Love you all!

--v
Oh, no! I just posted on the other thread when he had to go into the hospital! I am so sorry.

I know you had the close times fighting the lawsuit but it kills me that the jury probably doesn't know and it kills me that I don't know the car dealership or the attorneys who defended them and the insurance company.

There wouldn't be as many people who took the words of these slick defense attorneys if more people could be given the full story with all the mitigating circumstances.

The money I heard what had happened I KNEW that the carelessness of that dealership had shortened your father's life!

While I love the way you have handled the disappointment and the way you saw it as a chance to be with your Father, I cannot help but wish those who hate on accident victims and plaintiff attorneys would have to live several months in the shoes of those who are hurting through no fault of their own and at the hands of someone else.

99.99% of what the media and the insurance industry call "Frivolous Lawsuits" never get to court anyway and those that do seldom have the jury awards upheld.

Gotta come see you, girl.
Vnurse
I'm very sorry to hear about your father's passing. Please don't hesitate if there's anything I can do for you and your family, old friend.
  • Lanny
  • 05-15-2012, 06:38 PM
...To You and yours...You have always been a very classy Lady...and your compassion/service to your father only further demonstrates this...

Lanny