Better responses to date requests

I agree with Jaci, the back and forth is a little like foreplay

I also like to plan ahead.
ditto on the preplanning and at least a bit of chat/text/email along the way...i might even want to book a month out and just exchange an email a week or something. i'm simply not gonna drop $300 on something with zero connection. i wouldn't expect someone doing business with me to do that. i understand it's the nature of the game, time is money, dudes ncns too, etc. but but my dollars will always go to girls that are willing to make the effort up front.
ditto on the preplanning and at least a bit of chat/text/email along the way...i might even want to book a month out and just exchange an email a week or something. i'm simply not gonna drop $300 on something with zero connection. i wouldn't expect someone doing business with me to do that. i understand it's the nature of the game, time is money, dudes ncns too, etc. but but my dollars will always go to girls that are willing to make the effort up front. Originally Posted by john_deere
Exactly
I wants to thank Honey Rose and Ryan for their thoughtful replies and suggestions via PM.

Many thanks to your time and insight.
I think too many men think of Eccie as a buffet line, and the providers as the food in the containers. They send an email or PM, and if there is no response within 30 minutes, they feel slighted or pissed off or some other negative emotion.

Providers are people too. They have lives outside the hobby (I'm not talking about the pimped-out street hooker who has to put out 24/7 or get beaten by their pimp).

Background for what I'm going to write next:
I personally "retired" from the hobby in 2009, and just last week decided to "unretire". I don't have a P411 account. Many of the providers I had seen in the past are no longer in the business. I am 99% sure that any provider who still is in the business is not going to remember an appointment 4 years ago. So, I don't have any current provider references, and no P411. I'm Screwed, right?

Nope.

The story itself:
First and foremost, I did my research. THIS TAKES TIME, people.
I made a list of providers I'd be interested in based on their showcases and reviews, and then looked at their ads/P411's/websites for who they were willing to see. If a provider said on an ad or website that current references were required, I didn't bother to contact them (yet). Why? Because they already said they required screening info I didn't have. Why waste their time AND mine? For some providers on my list, I couldn't find whether they would accept a pseudo-newbie. So they stayed on my list.

I compiled a list of 7 providers. I sent emails (not PM's) to them, giving them a little history of myself (hobby-related), and letting them know that I would provide them any screening info that I could.

Out of the 7 providers, 5 sent me responses. Out the five that responded, three politely told me that they required current references from providers. Their responses came in over a 3-day period.

I have appointments scheduled with the other two ladies later this week.

The Moral for the hobbyist:
Do your homework. Be patient. Remember that providers are people with lives and feelings.

A message for the providers:
Responding to appointment requests builds business, even if your response is "No" or "Not now". For example, once I have my current references, I can absolutely guarantee that I will be setting up an appointment with at least one of the ladies who responded to my request with "I can only see clients with current provider references". Why? Because she was polite and very nice in the way she handled her responses.
well said. the whole thing is a lot like fishing...it takes lots of patience and lots of casting. even when you do the right things, the percentages are low...at least if you want beautiful fish!
Hotindallas and John Deere, I agree with you.

I do not see it as a menu, or a fast food line

The genesis of this inquiry was an attempt to get better responses, or any response in some cases. I have sent single emails and a single follow up to 4/5 providers in the last 6-8 months with no response.

Just trying to make sure I am doing things right. Honey Rose and Ryan were HUGE helps and I appreciate their time.
i need to start email foreplay with you Jaci... i like the sound of that
4-5 providers in 6-8 months? you probably have to work harder than that...
Research the lady you desire. If she does not have a history of taking care of business, move on. There are a lot of ladies that do take care of business. Originally Posted by pyramider

Yea like me! lol
Being nice to the ladies goes a long ways toward getting the best dates.