When the Real World makes you think about the Hobby

For you hockey fans, the Columbus Blue Jackets is abbreviated CBJ.
For you hockey fans, the Columbus Blue Jackets is abbreviated CBJ. Originally Posted by filbone
... maybe they will move to Beaumont
I absolutely refuse to attend a Stars CBJ game . . . and I'm a season ticket holder!
When in Houston, the "Kum & Go" gas stations always makes me chuckle.
That was a good one. I needed that laugh lol
When in Houston, the "Kum & Go" gas stations always makes me chuckle. Originally Posted by Adrienne Baptiste
Oh yes, great example!
When you pass by the restaurants where you've bought a provider lunch, and the hotels and apartment complexes you've had appointments with them ...

... and when you pass the McCart exit on I-20 and the I-30-Camp Bowie interchange ...

... and you get a boner.
I was driving thru a small town northeast of McKinney and noticed a business sign “Starfish Massage”. My truck tried to do a U turn by itself!
There is a popular show out right now and in it there is a winter dance called the Snow Ball. It didn't dawn on me then what a name for a dance.

But then they have some extras after the series and the cast keeps saying "snow ball" this and that and it just cracks me up every time.
It happens ALL THE TIME! I will be out and about with someone not hobby related and see some acronyms or someone uses a phrase and I have to make sure I do not LOL in fear of having to explain myself. I do like seeing a certain place that i have had a good experience with someone in the hobby and reflecting on it. I have met some of the best people and had some of the most memorable experiences with "hobby friends"
I was watching a video of a song by Black Label Society called Angel Of Mercy. The drummer was wearing a shirt that says BLS. I couldn't help but think of ball licking and sucking. Damn, now I need to call a provider.

By the way, if you are a fan of old school style power ballads, listen to that one. Zakk Wylde goes full beast mode on the guitar solo.
Saw a license plate beginning with "CD3" the other day.
  • CD3
  • 11-12-2017, 02:26 PM
Saw a license plate beginning with "CD3" the other day. Originally Posted by Sir Lancehernot

Funny useless fact interjection here: when I first got in the hobby I got in a wreck and a new car came from it. When I got my plates in the mail my license plate given to me by the txdps was FKX-4250. HAHA I was like man. How did they know. I've since got a different car but wished I could gave kept that plate. Hilarious
I was getting my hair done and the other hairdresser said to her next client come
over I'll give you your bolw job .. think she wanted to say Blow Dry lol
I was like wow where i'm I ..
I’ve learned that depending on someone’s circumstances, just about everyone has a price. I see some civi girls and wonder their price. Originally Posted by TheEccie214
Many times i go through a fast food drive through or at other low paying jobs and see a hot girl and think if you only knew what i know about the hobby, you would be making big money. These girls work their ass off for 200/week

CG