"I'm stuck in a foreign country" email

http://www.snopes.com/fraud/distress/family.asp

For those who aren't familiar with it.... it's a very common scam tactic.
Just like a lot of other stuff on here, I think we all need to assume this is "true".

NOT!
Glad to know its fake and she's okay. Was a little worried for her. Was gonna lookup her number and verify after work today. (aka wasn't sure the number in the mail was correct)
I've deleted at least two similar emails in the past year. The story is the same, but the names were different.

There must be a scammers website that provides templates for their idiotic behavior.

Now if you're truly bored and want real life drama, just get a Facebook account.
yeppers, last i remember, lindsey lived in texas and not Pennsylvania [where 215 area code is].

REMEMBER FOLKS, JUST COS YOU SEE/READ IT ON THE INTERNET/EMAIL DOES NOT MEAN IT'S TRUE.
check, double check, and triple check.

maybe the scammers will incorporate mention of severe health problems and/or death into their scams.
Common problem with hacked Facebook and Yahoo e-mail accounts. This e-mail has made its way around a lot.
I've worked with many Nigerians over the past 7 years and the first give away is using the term "United Kingdom". Most countries other than the United States say United Kingdom, but here most Americans say "England".
I've worked with many Nigerians over the past 7 years and the first give away is using the term "United Kingdom". Most countries other than the United States say United Kingdom, but here most Americans say "England". Originally Posted by Von Spieler
Agreed, Von Spieler, on the use of the terms UK and England. However, if the email had said Ireland or Scotland -- now, that would have made it believable to me. LOL
  • jafun
  • 03-14-2012, 03:34 PM
Scam artists... Her email has been hacked into.
Funny, when I got mine there was a warning across the screen stating that the account had been compromised. I guess those things do work.
Please guys I saw this before 7am and called LL to warn her. I got the same thing from Elizabeth Whispers a year ago. Scam, besides LL could probably buy and sell the scamer with the change in her purse.
I just tell them to send a postcard and I want a t-shirt, and some duty free booze.
Hate to see it happen to Lindsey. She is one of the true stars and great ladies of eccie. My email was hacked a couple of years ago but fortunately no harm was done. GD scammers.
Ah, the ole Nigerian scam. This has been around in it's multiple variations for what, 30 years? I actually know a guy who fell for the original scam back in the 80's and lost about 60k. Was sad to watch the anxiety as he tried to figure out how to tell his wife he was an idiot (the rest of us knew that already)