Gas shortage

The sky is falling, the sky is falling. Smh thanks to the news everyone is in a panic
Damn!!!! I'm off. Full tank! But have to drive well over an hour to play. Guess I better wait since this hemi sucks more and better than.......

😓
The sky is falling, the sky is falling. Smh thanks to the news everyone is in a panic Originally Posted by Laura Lynn
I never heard any news, I panicked because those around me panicked, LOL. it doesn't matter if the panic should not happen, it still affects everyone else.. the shortage is real.

just like the dummies who said they wouldn't "panic" after 911, they would hold their stocks and not sell.. fine.. your portfolio was still worth 7% less on the first trading day after 911.
I saw one Mobil station in Arlington posted $3.36 a gal. At least most everyone has kept prices fairly low, I'd paid $2.38. I bought a hybrid about 2 1/2 years ago and gas went down to the point that made less cost affective in the long run. This week It's a plus! With a full tank and 20 gallons in cans I'm good for 3 or 4 weeks.
If you don't have it, get the GasBuddy app. It's saved me a lot of money over the last several years.
I saw a Valero station in Irving with a sign showing $4.99, and there was still a line of cars out into the street (Belt Line). I saw a couple of Shell stations at $2.99, both with big lines as well.
I work over by Plano and I had to get gas from Alma and Park I believe. There's a RaceTrack there. Luckily I only waited 10 minutes to gas up. Originally Posted by DarthBurrito

Ha! That's where I filled up earlier today, also....used the gasbuddy.com app to find it; once there it took 12-15 mins to get in and get out. Appears I got lucky according to the stories I'm hearing.....
Fucking media is over hyping this bullshit. This is beyond ridiculous, how can the media be held accountable to this? The Railroad Commissioner stated that there is no gas shortage today.
If you go to the same gas tracker and put in Houston, TX, it only showed a handful, less than a dozen, of stations that have gas.

So we are faring better here than Houstonians are.

I have friends who are Uber and Lyft drivers here in DFW and they say it's been non stop, one trip after another, sometimes getting the next trip while they are still on the current trip and haven't dropped off the customer yet.

Folks either are using Uber and Lyft because they can't get gas to operate their own vehicles or they ran out of gas in their own vehicles.

Uber and Lyft are taking advantage by charging 2-5x surcharge prices too.

Gas stations are running dry not because there isn't enough supply, they are running dry because everyone is getting gas at the same time and the next delivery hasn't arrived yet!
Fucking media is over hyping this bullshit. This is beyond ridiculous, how can the media be held accountable to this? The Railroad Commissioner stated that there is no gas shortage today. Originally Posted by pyramider
Actually, if you look closely at his statement, he pretty much said the opposite. And did you really expect him to say, "Yeah, we're screwed! Rush out and find gas if you can!" There is a shortage compared to what we usually have. If everything goes just right, we may be OK. And if everything goes reasonably well, we won't be in very bad shape for more than a couple of weeks. But for those couple of weeks, it may be a damn close run thing.
I am going to Uber and Lyft.

They will always have gas in their vehicles.
I drove by 20 gas stations before waiting 45 minutes in line in Flower Mound. No more gas until late next week.

However, this is only a DFW problem. I am taking a weekend trip to San Antonio. No problem with gas once you get to Waco. I am buying 10 gallons of extra gas on the way back so I can drive to work next week.
Friend of mine bought three 5 gallons gas containers, filled them up, and put them in the back of his SUV under black netting.
  • NYr
  • 08-31-2017, 06:48 PM
Moved to proper forum.

it is all social media hype.