Why is the GOP against Obamacare?

• FU_CC
  • 12-27-2013, 07:02 AM
  • Doove
  • 12-27-2013, 07:06 AM
I believe there are some "young invincibles" who have no "medical care" and are living quite fine, thank you. Yet, you would want them to pay for that medical care they aren't receiving. Originally Posted by gnadfly
But will no doubt be receiving in the future. Unless they die suddenly without ever having been to a doctor or emergency room, they'll use their healthcare insurance at some point during their lives.

Unlike people who are forced to buy homeowners insurance, or auto insurance.
  • FU_CC
  • 12-27-2013, 07:14 AM
But will no doubt be receiving in the future. Unless they die suddenly without ever having been to a doctor or emergency room, they'll use their healthcare insurance at some point during their lives.

Unlike people who are forced to buy homeowners insurance, or auto insurance. Originally Posted by Doove
home and auto.....
You are aware that a "young invincible" can just go to the doctor and pay cash, right? Happens all the time.

+1!
No you don't, or else you wouldn't be asking the wrong questions. Have you ever heard the expression - "the cure is worse than the disease"?

Here are some of the questions you SHOULD be asking:

1) Why are the Democrats so hell-bent on fucking things up for the 90% of Americans who already have health insurance in order to help the 10% who don't? That's stupid policy AND stupider politics.

2) Why are so many Democrats uncritically wedded to a plan that doesn't even fix the problem? According to the non-partisan Congressional Budget Office, at least 30 million Americans will remain uninsured (versus 45 million today) over the coming decade despite Obamacare. Why fuck up the nation's entire healthcare system for a plan the CBO says still leaves 2/3 of the uninsured without coverage? Originally Posted by lustylad
Thanks, I asked exactly the question I wanted to ask....the one you apparently don't want to answer.
  • FU_CC
  • 12-27-2013, 07:21 AM

Unlike people who are forced to buy homeowners insurance, or auto insurance. Originally Posted by Doove
Yeah, it's an incredibly stupid argument. They might need it later today when they get hit by a drunk driver, or snap their ankle slipping on a patch of ice or get diagnosed with brain cancer.

Not a one of them has an answer....all they have is criticism. In other words, part of the problem, not part of the solution.

Why does nearly every single civilized country in the world except us have universal healthcare?
  • FU_CC
  • 12-27-2013, 07:34 AM
Yeah, it's an incredibly stupid argument. They might need it later today when they get hit by a drunk driver, or snap their ankle slipping on a patch of ice or get diagnosed with brain cancer.

Not a one of them has an answer....all they have is criticism. In other words, part of the problem, not part of the solution.

Why does nearly every single civilized country in the world except us have universal healthcare? Originally Posted by timpage

The fact that you don't know what the GOP proposed (and had thrown back at them by both Obama and Harry Reid) shows that you are just a bellyacher without an answer. You know that this is bad law but can't admit to it. All you have is trying to blame the GOP for something that they had ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with. They didn't vote for it, they weren't allowed to propose amendments, and they were excluded from planning sessions. This is a total democrat cluster fuck. You own it.
  • Doove
  • 12-27-2013, 11:37 AM
You are aware that a "young invincible" can just go to the doctor and pay cash, right? Happens all the time.

+1! Originally Posted by gnadfly
And you're aware that a "young invincible" can slip in the shower, crack his skull, and end up in the hospital for 3 months, right? Happens all the time.

Your argument that people who don't THINK they'll ever need insurance shouldn't be forced to buy it is about as weak as it gets.

Just how many people do you know in their 40's, 50's or 60's who never use health insurance?
  • Doove
  • 12-27-2013, 11:39 AM
This is a total democrat cluster fuck. You own it. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
Noted.
  • CJ7
  • 12-27-2013, 01:33 PM
I get that the devil is in the details. But, why would anybody oppose the idea that every human being is entitled to decent healthcare? I mean....should you not get healthcare if you get cancer....just because you don't have a job or health insurance?

Aren't we all entitled to medical care to help us live?

Why do all the GOP/Rightwingers/TeaPartiers oppose the idea that we should try to fashion a healthcare system that provides healthcare to people regardless of their financial circumstances?

Thoughts? Originally Posted by timpage

the reason is simple ... the vid I posted about Jimmy Kimmel interviewing random people on the street said it all ..

the question/s..

do you oppose Obamacare .. the vast majority said YES !!

when ask if they opposed the affordable care act, the vast majority said NO !!

ergo, the underlying displeasure for the POTUS coupled with pure public ignorance
  • FU_CC
  • 12-27-2013, 01:54 PM
Obviously not. They're wearing the Kool Aid blinders of *true believers* indoctrinated in lib-retardism. Originally Posted by I B Hankering
Was I right? Yep. Just couldn't help himself. Irrelevant comment, insulting. Typical and classic Corpy.

where's the irrelevant YouTube video?
Was I right? Yep. The racist, cum-gobbling golem fucktard, HDDB, DEM just couldn't help himself. Irrelevant comment, insulting. Typical and classic racist, cum-gobbling golem fucktard, HDDB, DEM.

where's the classic, irrelevant, racist, cum-gobbling golem fucktard, HDDB, DEM, fecal picture? Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
FTFY.