Best Food in DFW

• broes
  • 12-08-2014, 06:42 PM
Try Rail Head or Hard Eight. Both put Lockhart to shame Originally Posted by txexetoo
If you think Hard Eight is better than Lockhart you are insane. Hard Eight has better parking. That's about it.
  • EZ.
  • 12-08-2014, 06:59 PM
Really good BBQ and close to me is Off the Bone between south Arlington and Ft Worth. Looks like an old Dairy Queen on Mansfield Hwy in Forest Hill. Better than any I have had in Dallas.
Wow, just looking at all the menus is torture. So many places so little time.
  • EZ.
  • 12-08-2014, 07:30 PM
I haven't found a really good Italian restaurant. Any suggestions?
I go to Hooters for hot wings and beer and solve three of my desires at one time.
  • EZ.
  • 12-08-2014, 08:29 PM
I go to Hooters for hot wings and beer and solve three of my desires at one time. Originally Posted by LargeBreastFan
Damn, Hooters has the worst hot wings I've ever had.
If you think Hard Eight is better than Lockhart you are insane. Hard Eight has better parking. That's about it. Originally Posted by broes
Pecan Lodge is better that both.
David's BBq in Arlington/ Pantego is pretty darn good also if your looking for BBQ.
Pecan Lodge is better that both. Originally Posted by TXHUNTER66

I'm surprised this one wasn't mentioned much earlier. Pecan Lodge moved from the Farmers Market Shed #2 over to Deep Ellum at Main & Pryor.

It's been a long time but Sweet Basil in North Dallas has good Italian. Located at Midway & Trinity Mills. Small, quaint establishment almost hidden in the shopping strip on the NE corner of the intersection.

I haven't found a really good Italian restaurant. Any suggestions? Originally Posted by EZ.
I really like Brios. Allen location at Waters Creek has a fantastic atmosphere. Also located in Southlake. It has a Tuscan flare I really like better than the heavier traditional fare.

http://www.brioitalian.com/dinner-at-watters_creek.html
I haven't found a really good Italian restaurant. Any suggestions? Originally Posted by EZ.
Momo's
David's BBq in Arlington/ Pantego is pretty darn good also if your looking for BBQ. Originally Posted by TXHUNTER66

Pecan lodge is ok. Another good one is bully's oak acres
  • broes
  • 12-08-2014, 10:52 PM
Lucia is the hardest reservation to get in town and it's Italian. Maggiano's is considered the best if you are into the Sopranos level of fat boy Italian.
  • EZ.
  • 12-09-2014, 07:45 AM
David's BBq in Arlington/ Pantego is pretty darn good also if your looking for BBQ. Originally Posted by TXHUNTER66
David's is good. I like Off the Bone better and it isn't that far from David's. Hutchins BBQ in McKinney is pretty good. I will pick some up when I visiting one of my daughters.
  • EZ.
  • 12-09-2014, 08:00 AM
Lucia is the hardest reservation to get in town and it's Italian. Maggiano's is considered the best if you are into the Sopranos level of fat boy Italian. Originally Posted by broes
The only reservations I make are with these women. Since I retired (over a year), I haven't worn slacks, but once, and never a tie. I will be back in New Orleans in late February, there are some good Italian restaurants there. I like the "fat boy" Italian.
Nick and Sam's for Steak
Truluck's for Seafood
Del Frisco's not bad
Mercardo Juarez for Mexican