Another reason why to not use your real phone if you are TOFTT!

So this gal I know saw a copy of her BP ad. With another number. So she called it. She is on it. Thank Tebow she has no FB and only the number show up.
They will post any number that calls or send a text.
Y'all REALLY need to go read the published literature about this place before you type anything into their site...

They fabricate every "text message" piece of evidence themselves.
They search Facebook for profiles matching with phone numbers.
They gather phone numbers from multiple sources, including their own search engine.

Publicity threads like this one entice guys to go to, and use, the site. The website is more dangerous to you by using it than it is by simply existing...stop using it...
Y'all REALLY need to go read the published literature about this place before you type anything into their site...

They gather phone numbers from multiple sources, including their own search engine.

Publicity threads like this one entice guys to go to, and use, the site. The website is more dangerous to you by using it than it is by simply existing...stop using it... Originally Posted by Wakeup
Perfectly stated. Website is pure trash.
Heh...I love threads like this...

Guess what is going to happen after you type your phone number or name in the search box...

Have fun checking to see if you're on the list! Originally Posted by Wakeup
Why would you show up on the list? They'll take the number, run a few searches to see if it's tied to a male Facebook, Twitter, or account somewhere in the internet, grab a few pics and whatever other info they can, and viola...list making made easy...

Your number is unpublished, unlinked to any account, and not for a guy...what money can they make off you? Originally Posted by Wakeup

Publicity threads like this one entice guys to go to, and use, the site. The website is more dangerous to you by using it than it is by simply existing...stop using it... Originally Posted by Wakeup

Apparently there is some confusion! If you could re-read my original post and tell me where I say to go to the website and put your number in please show me! I was merely alerting the importance of being safe and educating ways for this not to happen to anyone. It seems you have had a great time trying to turn this around!

The Facts:

#1-- Get a hobby phone or an App which does not give out your information nor is tied to your personal life especially if you are going to TOFTT. I personally know Page Plus you do not even give them your name so you can be John Doe, Jayne Fonda, etc..I heard that you can also go to Walmart as well but I am only familiar with Page Plus. I have heard there are also apps as well. I am sure you can search this on here as I seen some references on the apps in the Florida Panhandle discussions. I also heard the apps are free so you can't beat that and you protect your identity when you are TOFTT with a girl (or fake girl from an extortion site). With no reviews!

#2--I know we have to TOFTT but be safe about it especially on backpage and Craigslist. Everyone starts somewhere and when I started in the business in 2002 I was glad and greatful that someone TOFTT or I would not be here still today and had many great experiences. But times have changed since 2002! There were no extortion sites and there wasn't the craziness. There wasn't Back Page or Craigslist where fake posts for this happen. Back then there was TBD, TER, and ASPD! Oh and trust me fake ads, rip offs or bait and switch providers where banned.

#3--If you find someone without reviews on said sites this website is using and it is text only on the ad and you want to TOFTT. Protect yourself and get a hobby phone non traceable to the civvy world or an APP it is that simple. There are diamonds in the rough on those sites as well as fake ads, etc..and now extortion site or sites are using these sites that are greedy and evil trying to destroy lives so isn't easier to protect yourself if you go that route. If you feel not then simply ignore this I was nearly posting to help those that could prey victim to this and trying to prevent that through education. I know of one person personally this has happened to!

I have checked my number, and my sons with permission of course and they still haven't listed us on the site. But I will continue to check daily to see if that is true what you stated! Oh yes my son is 21 and he has pictures and a facebook!

If you so desire I will also get links incase anyone is on there to have it removed and steps to take without being extorted. I sent those to a friend that ended up on there so I know it is there.

Please feel free to re-read my original post and I will pull up any pertinent information on articles I found on how they do this as well as testimonials from people this has happened too.

On ending just be safe there are opportunists out there and greedy uncaring people as with this site. Be safe when seeing Unreviewed providers on those sites I know there is a thrill with TOFTT but be safe about it!

BTW--Sex eliminates stress!

Love & Lust!

Gemini Starr
I tested it out back a few months ago... they don't add anything based on search info. However, I would never search name and number together - only separately.

They post fake ads on BP and CL, asking you to text them for more info. When you text them, they screenshot capture your number and the text conversation. Then they search to see if it is attached to a FB account and also capture any photos of you that have not been locked down and are available publicly. Then they compile a profile on you.

I had heard from another lady that one of her clients got theirs removed because his attorney threatened their offices in Arizona. They purport to be based out of India, but they have offices in Arizona. That is all I have heard and have no further information.

Guys, while screening is a MUST, and we do need that info to screen you... ONLY give it to REPUTABLE ladies!!! Stay off of BP if you can, or if you shop there, make sure you can find her information other places... QUALITY places. Know the difference between a quality site like ECCIE or TER vs those cheap-looking fly-by-night sites. Invest in a membership to a verification site.

This EJ bullshit has been a nightmare. Originally Posted by Solitaire

So we'll put! You are so eloquent with your words and communication. Well respected by us all! Have an awesome week and I will be back up your way very soon!

Gemini
You are a sweetheart for posting this. It really needs to be repeated every month or so. Maybe even a sticky? Originally Posted by Solitaire

I just try to keep people safe you know me! But it appears I am getting attacked and words twisted to look otherwise. I hope that at least some guys understood the intention and was hoping this would help save a few lives and families as well as stress!

Glad it is warmer in your area!

Gemini
I just wanted to update that upon searching my number, my hubbies number, and my sons! That we are still not listed on the site if anything changes I will update.

Gemini Starr

For that special someone:

"It is what you learn after you know it all that counts" by John Wooden
On the plus side, this site is up for renewal on 4/3. Status says renewal is blocked, but some registrars automatically set this, incorrectly, so you have to renew through them.
Looks like they keep up with their renewals, but maybe, just maybe, they will let it slide and someone can swoop in and steal it.
and if your number is not on there, it will be after you type it in to see if you are on there.....lol
and if your number is not on there, it will be after you type it in to see if you are on there.....lol Originally Posted by bule84

Maybe you should read the whole thread before posting idiotic know-it all information that you know nothing about and apparently did not read!

Complete high school?

Note to everyone my sons number, my hubby's number and my number is still not showing up!

Don't you love it when people just post without reading the facts! Must have a pitiful negative life! If you try and be positive the universe is with you and you can get rid of the hate you harbor inside. Maybe just maybe you can turn into a pleasant person and have the heaviness lifted off of you to enjoy life and positive things will happen. Life is a journey some learn and prosper some just stay stagnant and are never happy surrounded by negativity. I hope you heal and learn to live the positive peaceful life!

Love & Lust!

Gemini Starr
On the plus side, this site is up for renewal on 4/3. Status says renewal is blocked, but some registrars automatically set this, incorrectly, so you have to renew through them.
Looks like they keep up with their renewals, but maybe, just maybe, they will let it slide and someone can swoop in and steal it. Originally Posted by FoulRon

Awesome I hope karma finally comes around and bites them in the @ss! Maybe someone should buy it if they don't do it on time and turn it into a cartoon site or something meaningful to help the hobby!

Love & Lust!

Gemini Starr
Note to everyone my sons number, my hubby's number and my number is still not showing up! Originally Posted by Gemini Starr
I have also tested it, with my public phone number, and my private number... nada.