Conan O'Brien calls for common sense gun control

Conan O'Brien? Seriously?
No hold on. It sounded like Southie was about ready to have a real conversation. Let's let him speak.
the tide is changing, its a matter of time before we have more common sense gun control.

If someone wants to own a gun they should pass the same background check and training that a police officer goes through. Originally Posted by southtown4488
fuck you. they already have background checks. training? i've had CHL's in two different states.

you know who promotes safe gun handling? the NRA.

i hunted as a kid. learned basic gun safety that way. you know who started my real weapons handling skills? the USMC. that's right. The Marines. in the Navy, if you require weapons as part of your duty, in my case being is a TOP SECRET area and having to stand watch ... they send you off to the Marines for weapons qualification.

The Marines taught me pistol and rifle handling, safety, and shooting. and tactical situations. the training was one week. you had class, tests, weapons handling, range shooting.

we trained on the M1911, the M1 and the M16. you had to shoot with accuracy, field strip each weapon in less than 2 minutes and go through tactical situations. Semper Fi.

I love this sentence... https://theconservativetreehouse.com...ical-outcomes/

Unfortunately when the wider U.S. electorate voted the Fresh Prince of Bill Ayers to be the president of the United States they were, perhaps unwittingly, ushering in a new era of governmental weaponization, the fundamental change.

fuckers
  • DSK
  • 06-16-2016, 09:26 PM
the tide is changing, its a matter of time before we have more common sense gun control.

If someone wants to own a gun they should pass the same background check and training that a police officer goes through. Originally Posted by southtown4488
Yes, the tide is changing. However, the barricade is the second amendment. You boys need to amend the constitution and you can't get it done.

So propose all the "common sense" you want. This is a power play, and we hate you, so unless you make it worth our while, we are not giving up our guns.
  • DSK
  • 06-16-2016, 09:27 PM
Don't sell guns to Muslims.

Common sense. Originally Posted by TheDaliLama
Sounds good to me.
Guns become a problem when white people are killed. It makes news and people fall all over each other trying to be more outraged than the next guy. We have good gun laws as it is. They work. No law will keep crazy people from doing terrible things. Making laws from a viewpoint of hysteria leads to tyranny.
Hail to the Chief!
Hail to the Chief! Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
Anything that makes no sense you're all for it. You ass backwards fucker.

Jim
Anything that makes no sense you're all for it. You ass backwards fucker.

Jim Originally Posted by Mr MojoRisin
All of those head shots off of the gloryhole stall walls are now manifesting themselves in assup's tourette's-like posts !
fuck you. they already have background checks. training? i've had CHL's in two different states.

you know who promotes safe gun handling? the NRA.

i hunted as a kid. learned basic gun safety that way. you know who started my real weapons handling skills? the USMC. that's right. The Marines. in the Navy, if you require weapons as part of your duty, in my case being is a TOP SECRET area and having to stand watch ... they send you off to the Marines for weapons qualification.

The Marines taught me pistol and rifle handling, safety, and shooting. and tactical situations. the training was one week. you had class, tests, weapons handling, range shooting.

we trained on the M1911, the M1 and the M16. you had to shoot with accuracy, field strip each weapon in less than 2 minutes and go through tactical situations. Semper Fi.

Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid

fuck you. . . I stopped reading after that.
if you resort to high school insults it shows you have a weak argument. try again.
Yes, the tide is changing. However, the barricade is the second amendment. You boys need to amend the constitution and you can't get it done.

So propose all the "common sense" you want. This is a power play, and we hate you, so unless you make it worth our while, we are not giving up our guns. Originally Posted by DSK

the second amn doesn't need to be changed . "a well regulated militia".
machine guns are HIGHLY regulated, and that's constitutional.

I don't want to ban guns, my main argument is that anyone who wants guns should have to go thru same or similar training that military or police officers go through. its not an unreasonable point. there are good people out there who needs guns for protection, an abused ex wife for example. and if someone needs to get a gun on an emergency basis there should be a procedure for that as well.

both sides on this argument tend to take the extreme position and not budge, its not helpful. meanwhile people are being slaughtered.
Mandatory training would disproportionately affect the poor. Why do you want to deny the poor the same rights that the rich have, Mouthdown? I thought you were a liberal?
Until recently the largest regional demographic serving in the armed forces was white, southern men. So the advantage of legal gun ownership would go to them. You got something against black women from New York.
Two problems:

#1: Neither the the background checks nor the training are "standard"!
#2: The Orlando shooter had both (in fact he had more .. 2 FBI interviews).

Now are you ready to have an adult conversation about frying sunny side up eggs?