Who likes Broadway musicals?

This is the one I'm excited about: A "Cats" revival is coming to Broadway! I never got to see the original run. Definitely going to check it out next time I'm in NYC after it opens.

http://www.catsthemusical.com/broadway/about/
Oddly apropos line from a song in Hamilton:

You say
The price of my love's not a price that you're willing to pay

https://youtu.be/fdxLohjwhoQ

This is from the song "You'll Be Back" and was sung by King George to the colonists and was comic relief in the show.

• frodo
  • 06-22-2016, 06:35 PM
I'd love to see Cats again. It was wonderful.
Call me a "Redneck" but I'd rather go sit out on the river band and listen to the frogs sing.
Apropos Hamilton, at the risk of being contrarian... I realize he's a genius (he did win a MacArthur "genius grant", after all) and the show's absofuckinglutely wonderful, but count me as someone who's all Lin-Manuel Mirandaed out. Lately, he's become "the bear" in my life. That's a reference to a line from a Lewis Black monologue about a TV commercial that went viral:

'And, those of you haven’t seen this commercial are now going to see it all the time. Because that’s how it works. It’s like if somebody comes up to you and tells you there’s a bear shitting everywhere and you say, “W-w-w-well, that’s ridiculous!” And the next day, the bear is following you around.'

It seems that every time I turn on the TV, there's Lin-Manuel Miranda and some news report or entertainment feature about Hamilton. I'm about ready for the hype to end.

That said, if PBS broadcasts the show in its entirety, I'll probably DVR it and watch it after the hype has died down, and I'll probably enjoy it. I'll only say probably, though, because I am a contrarian after all.

Cheers,

bcg
Call me a "Redneck" but I'd rather go sit out on the river band and listen to the frogs sing. Originally Posted by niteswimmer1
Frogs make beautiful music!!!! Your idea sounds wonderfully inviting also!!!!
I've seen a couple in NYC. Saw The Graduate and saw Kathleen Turner get nekkid a couple of times onstage while she was still rocking it.