best fried chicken is....

Lol popeyes will be ok if there is no other options Originally Posted by DallasRain
Excuse me madam, there are no other options!

'Sides, I like thigh meat, I ask for and mostly git "all thighs". Don't happen elsewhere!!

• KCJoe
  • 07-08-2016, 11:31 AM
For a place that's "famous" for it's fried chicken, it is pretty average compared to some others. I go to Strouds for the chicken-fried steak and am kind of incredulous at some of the people who will sit there waiting 45 minutes for that chcken Originally Posted by zeejoe
I've had their chicken before, but other than the size of the pieces, it is nothing special. The last few times I've gotten the chicken-fried steak. The best I have ever had. Their broiled pork chops are pretty damn good also. I think I would rather have Popeye's chicken, but have to limit myself. Gives me heartburn. I've been to RC's, but it didn't seem to me to be any better than Strouds.
however not in kc but my grandmothers fried chicken beats any chain hands down. but sadly that fabulous fried chicken died when she did! Originally Posted by satan666

Perhaps you are talking about pan fried chicken: as in the type fried with Crisco all-vegetable shortening in a cast iron skillet.

http://www.crisco.com/products/shortening-17

Cascony's in the river market serves three pieces for lunch on Thurdsay only. Be there early, they often sell out.

A big difference between the old way of frying chicken and the new ways that want to save time by deep frying.

JR
Well Dallas i think my fried chicken as pretty bad ass (i use my grandmothers recipe) and if you don't eat your self it a food coma I'm on the menu for desert. Nothing beats good ole fried chick cooked it a large crisco seasoned cast iron skillet. Gives me a good ideal for Sunday night dinner
Well Dallas i think my fried chicken as pretty bad ass (i use my grandmothers recipe) and if you don't eat your self it a food coma I'm on the menu for desert. Nothing beats good ole fried chick cooked it a large crisco seasoned cast iron skillet. Gives me a good ideal for Sunday night dinner Originally Posted by sportster872000

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm hell hyeahhh>.I only use cast iron pots!

I've never had good fried chicken.

Seriously.
New place in Overland Park is opening soon that will specialize in fried chicken and BBQ. Berbiglia Roost at 87 and Metcalf. Sounds good, but won't know for a bit.
New place in Overland Park is opening soon that will specialize in fried chicken and BBQ. Berbiglia Roost at 87 and Metcalf. Sounds good, but won't know for a bit. Originally Posted by jack4funkc
Shit, Dallas, they got a gumbo on the menu:
http://berbigliasroost.com/menu.pdf
Yummmmmm
New place in Overland Park is opening soon that will specialize in fried chicken and BBQ. Berbiglia Roost at 87 and Metcalf. Sounds good, but won't know for a bit. Originally Posted by jack4funkc
Shit, Dallas, they got a gumbo on the menu:
http://berbigliasroost.com/menu.pdf Originally Posted by zeejoe
In just glancing quickly at the menu, my first impression was they have way too many choices on the menu. I recall watching some of those "restaurant makeover" shows on Food Network, and that seems to always be their #1 recommendation. Do less things better.

So, do you suppose they are related to the Berbiglia liquor folks? I wish them well...
One guy is out of Auther Bryant's and the other is out of Golden Ox & KC Masterpiece.
So yes, a test drive is required after they open.
OMGGGG
I was going 2 Grill some steak but now I'm dying for some fried chicken and I'm on a diet!! Oh my goodness whipped cream fried chicken barbeque I'm screwed
OMGGGG
I was going 2 Grill some steak but now I'm dying for some fried chicken and I'm on a diet!! Oh my goodness whipped cream fried chicken barbeque I'm screwed Originally Posted by Savannah Moon

Mmmmmmmmmmm I would so "screw" you sexy!
In just glancing quickly at the menu, my first impression was they have way too many choices on the menu. I recall watching some of those "restaurant makeover" shows on Food Network, and that seems to always be their #1 recommendation. Do less things better.

So, do you suppose they are related to the Berbiglia liquor folks? I wish them well... Originally Posted by Wizard of Ahhhhs
Agreed. Also, i'd kind of assume doing real pan fried chicken kind of fucks you up from a volume angle, too - you could usually flip the table and seat the next folks just in the time it would take to cook that dish.

Just noticed- the address is the old Fuddruckers at 87th & Metcalf.
Agreed. Also, i'd kind of assume doing real pan fried chicken kind of fucks you up from a volume angle, too - you could usually flip the table and seat the next folks just in the time it would take to cook that dish.

Just noticed- the address is the old Fuddruckers at 87th & Metcalf. Originally Posted by zeejoe
Portia's on Truman Road in KC just east of I-70. They only serve their fried chicken on Thursdays and sell out every week. If I eat the whole meal, I'm no good for work for the rest of the day and nearly pass out...