Do you think hotel cleaning staff knows/cares?

There have been instances where the manager has asked the provider to leave . but they usually don't care.
Some of them know about it, but it seems they don't care.
Before I get in to the hotel, I always ask the provider a few questions, like where's the elevator, to the left or right, because some of the them are hard to find, and I don't know about you guys, but I always pretend that I'm busy texting ...LOL !
I had a crazy situation a few months back when I went to hotel, up to the floor and as I walked towards the room a man asks if I need any help. I said no and walked to the stairs. Inside the stairs I'm texting the provider the situation when he enters the stairs, tells me he's the manager and asks me again if I need help. I told him no, walk down the stairs and leave. WTF! I thought the manager was on to the provider and texted her so. It just turned out to be a bad coincidence though I think the manager knew what I was up to since I obviously hadn't checked in. Originally Posted by studlee
That's one reason I LIKE direction from the provider (few ever give tho) I like to walk in there like I been in there already and know where I am going. And if a motel, what side the room is on, I am not pulling up to the door of the provider's room. I always walk up, same if she is in a private residence, I dont need the neighborhood seeing my car sitting outside your place. B cuz half the time, neighbors know what you are doing or they assume.
The thing is not to show up empty handed. I usually carry a gym bag like I've been working out or so. Usually an extra change of clothes and some wine.
Yes also on the phone busy getting the latest news.
When I travel I bring my own towels sheets trash bags & etc..

I always take my trash with me I don't leave nothing behind
I always give direct instructions when entering the hotel, like where the elevator is and things like that...and for some of my regs I leave the door cracked, and as far as trash & sheets...I always ask for extra towels upfront and have my own sheets and take my own trash out after everyone is gone for the day...because the maids are not there all day...usually by 3pm.
I LIKE direction from the provider (few ever give tho) I like to walk in there like I been in there already and know where I am going. And if a motel, what side the room is on, I am not pulling up to the door of the provider's room. Originally Posted by blkntats
That strikes a chord with me ... particularly with motels and apartment complexes where there are multiple buildings, I always seem to park near the wrong one. I'll text "I'm here, just parked by building 2" and she'll reply "I'm in building 17" - so I'll start the car again and cruise around the lot, trying to spot the building numbers (which aren't always easy to see).

Lately, I've been looking the addresses up on google maps and sending a text before I set out, "that's a big complex. which building number should I park by?" and sometimes they will tell me. Even with a single-strip motel, knowing what side of the building is helpful.
I used to tip housekeeping, now I just clean after myself and have my own stack of towels . Housekeeping rarely has to bother me. I remember when i first started though and had a housekeeper steal my very expensive vibrator lmao. That was years ago though.
I always found it weird how I get so many appointment requests during house keepings peak times - 10 am until Noon.
That's one reason I LIKE direction from the provider (few ever give tho) I like to walk in there like I been in there already and know where I am going. And if a motel, what side the room is on, I am not pulling up to the door of the provider's room. I always walk up, same if she is in a private residence, I dont need the neighborhood seeing my car sitting outside your place. B cuz half the time, neighbors know what you are doing or they assume. Originally Posted by blkntats
Be sure to get the floor also. I accidentally pulled into the Notel that was next-door to where she was. When I saw the room number, I realized I was not at the correct one, because it was on the first floor.
I had one provider give me directions, and told me to pull up into the driveway. When I go to the neighborhood, she was at the lone end of the street. So that was no problem.
I usually try to give good directions on where to park and where to go so you don't look lost while trying to find me!!

I'm sure they know but don't care
For the most part. Hotels don't care. Just depends on what your attitude is like and how dressed. Most are happy to be getting the business