Sylvester & Tweetie

Johnny Quest
Showing my age but:

Johnny Quest
Scooby Doo
The Jetsons
The Flintstones
Super Friends Originally Posted by SpankyJ
Yeah... That's about where I am, age-wise. Actually I'm a bit older--you're trending 70s cartoons, it looks like, whereas my "childhood" cartoons all aired in the 60s.

I'd add to that list the 1966 Spider-man and Fantastic Four, Space Ghost (voiced by the legendary Gary Owens, who also voiced Roger Ramjet), The New Adventures of Superman (which ran quite a bit before Super Friends), and whatever was the container title for airing Warner's Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies on Saturday mornings (I think it was The Bugs Bunny Show, but don't quote me on that).

These aren't cartoons, but I'll throw in a good word for Gerry Anderson's early "Super-Marionation" sci-fi puppet shows: Supercar, Fireball XL5, Stingray, and Thunderbirds. (Fireball XL5 ran on Saturday mornings on NBC from 1963 to 1965; the rest of them were run in first-run syndication, so when they ran varied depending on what market you were in.)

Good times. I pity the kids growing up today; they don't know the joys of getting wired up on sugary cereals and watching truly classic cartoons on a Saturday morning.

Cheers,

bcg
Popeye, Mr Magoo, Bugs Bunny, Dudley Do-Right, Deputy Dawg, Then the shows that were not cartoons like Leave it to Beaver, I Love Lucy, The Three Stogies, and The Little Rascals.
Forgot one - the old Harlem Globetrotters cartoon, back in the day of Meadowlark Lemon and Curly Neal. I always enjoyed their cartoon show. Saw them perform in person a couple of times too.

Good times. I pity the kids growing up today; they don't know the joys of getting wired up on sugary cereals and watching truly classic cartoons on a Saturday morning. Originally Posted by bluffcityguy
Absolutely. It was an event to be looked forward to.
I loved Mighty Mouse. And Scooby Doo! Tom & Jerry, too.

...I was always a little disappointed at the endings of Scooby Doo. I wanted the ghosts and monsters to be real (foreshadowing my later enthusiasm for horror movies), but instead it was always some guy in a costume who was foiled by "those meddling kids". Originally Posted by SpankyJ
Ditto! I distinctly remember feeling exactly the same way. Lol
Toons:
Fragile Rock
Smurfs

Adult Toons:
Space Ghost Coast to Coast
AQUA Teen Hunger Force

Non-Cartoon
MASH
Chips
Dukes of Hazard
Forgot one - the old Harlem Globetrotters cartoon, back in the day of Meadowlark Lemon and Curly Neal.. Originally Posted by SpankyJ
Hey Spank, what about Fat Albert & the Cosby Kids??

Also left off my list was:

Tennessee Tuxedo

Heckel & Jeckel

Woody Woodpecker
Hey Spank, what about Fat Albert & the Cosby Kids?? Originally Posted by DocHolyday
Oh yeah, good one! I liked that one too. Hey hey hey!
  • BK
  • 07-13-2017, 11:37 PM
http://www.tvparty.com/sat.html

Here is a listing of year by year the morning line up of shows with a bit of history of them included for us older folk. you youngins I can only remember what I had to endure with my own kids.
And I definitely can't forget South Park! I remember my grandpa would always stay up with me until 11pm on Friday nights so we could watch it together when I was a kid.
  • cboat
  • 07-14-2017, 07:24 PM
Might be dating myself, but I always liked the Road Runner and Coyote show.
I was shocked when I found my father watching Daria on MTV lol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6k8OttXOqk

My Saturday morning wasn't complete without this song.
And I definitely can't forget South Park! I remember my grandpa would always stay up with me until 11pm on Friday nights so we could watch it together when I was a kid. Originally Posted by Vannah
What a cool grandpa!