Getting pointed for double posting

I won't be on eccie too much longer. All my gents will find me on oh2 as well. I am not making that move immediately, but I definitely am shortly. Eccie is getting to be ridiculous and people running it seem to be a little lazy.
Sweet B
Her first ad was posted at 9:50am and the second at 10:43am... Has anyone seen the system do that before? Because I haven't.

ztonk Originally Posted by ztonk
That doesn't mean it didn't happen. That is kinda of a crappy response....js
What does it even matter? Did a mod get butt hurt over it? Just don't approve the second post and move on. Takes more time to point someone than it does to delete the non approved post.

Its fucking lame.
No he posted it twice.
They were posted from different IP addresses

Looks like SAR is NOT THE ONLY ONE with double posts.

https://eccie.net/showthread.php?t=2445374
https://eccie.net/showthread.php?t=2445292

I hope the MODs check out whether there is some sort of systemic problem with eccie programs which are causing inadvertent double posts.

In the big scheme of things, why did MODs make an issue of this--just delete one of the posts. Repeated issue and no technical problems, that is another story.

A final point, why are so many ladies becoming disgruntled and leaving eccie, this type of activity may be just one of several reason.

Another reason is requiring the ladies to first have their ADs approved by a MOD before posting. It really delays their posting and is hurting some's business. Wouldn't it be better to allow them to post and then only disciple or point the few who don't follow the rules. Do NOT punish everyone of the errors of a few. This is NOT USMC boot camp. StC needs to review this policy. Originally Posted by RustyBalls
It’s not worth explaining anything on this site. I know damn well I didn’t repost. So good luck to eccie. Because they freaking need it
Her first ad was posted at 9:50am and the second at 10:43am... Has anyone seen the system do that before? Because I haven't.

ztonk Originally Posted by ztonk
Since you asked, yes, I experienced similar glitches. Normally the double posts happen when you get the gateway error then back arrow and then refresh. Most of the time I do this within close proximity to the original post. But occasionally I get distracted and don’t notice for a bit. In those cases, there is a lag between the two posting submissions. It doesnt matter to me because I don’t post ads. When it happens, I usually just edit the duplicate, so I couldn’t locate any good examples.

The real question here is about common sense. It’s classic Occam’s Razor, what is most likely? In order to believe SAR deserved points, the following assumptions must be made:

1. SAR, knowing she’d get pointed, chose to post identical ad within an hour of each other.
2. SAR did this instead of posting days apart and getting the same points but in a way that makes business sense and maximizes her visibility - for the same points.
3. SAR knowing what she’d done, came here to complain about a couple of points that ultimately don’t make much difference besides being annoying.

On the other hand, if it was a technical glitch, we must make the following assumption:

1. A known glitch occurred that caused the double post and a mod or mods incorrectly posted both, then someone chose to point her.

You be the judge. What is more likely? Which requires fewer assumptions?
Or maybe she simply forgets that she has already posted and not seeing the update since it has not been approved yet she posts again. She has stated the "double" posts have happened multiple times while posting ads so I will confirm that her situation has happened with her multiple times and sometimes it's been more than an hour between the posts. And before someone decides to criticize me I'm not the moderator that either warned her or gave her points as she can attest to. In fact, you have to go back to 2014 since the last time any guideline discussions occurred between the two of us.

There are always at least 3 sides to every story.
Assumption 4

SAR has the short memory of a goldfish.
It’s not worth explaining anything on this site. I know damn well I didn’t repost. So good luck to eccie. Because they freaking need it Originally Posted by SweetArielRae

Or maybe she simply forgets that she has already posted and not seeing the update since it has not been approved yet she posts again. She has stated the "double" posts have happened multiple times while posting ads so I will confirm that her situation has happened with her multiple times and sometimes it's been more than an hour between the posts. And before someone decides to criticize me I'm not the moderator that either warned her or gave her points as she can attest to. In fact, you have to go back to 2014 since the last time any guideline discussions occurred between the two of us.

There are always at least 3 sides to every story. Originally Posted by CryptKicker

So was it the mod that has an affinity for purple dildos?

I Just dont care anymore, ban me...
That my folks IS THE PROBLEM. These ads for the ladies need to be cleared and posted by the mods. in a more timely fashion.
These ladies generally post at a time to set-up their days. When this does not happen it affects their entire schedule.
Everyone is here for the ladies but they're leaving because of the new restrictions and the enforcement that is levied against them. Then if they dare question a mod. they get rude and shitty responses.
I will add Cryptkicker is not the mod. that pointed Ariel.. I owe him that!
Once again I do not double post. I simply post one time. I get off line. I occasionally check to see if it’s posted since it takes forever and since it’s happened multiple times. But I tend to get in with my day. I fiorget to check. I end up getting a message thinking it’s a client but it’s not it’s a mod. What else needs to be said.
To cryptkicker 3 sides to every story. Lol. My side is the only truth. Everyone else’s including your side is a lie. No need to say more . Close This stupid thread. It’s pointless to sit back and argue with a bunch mall cops. It will be matter of time before this site truly goes to shit. Oh it already has. I’ll never post an ad on eccie again. I’m just gonna sit watch this site go downhill
I understand you feel that way but I did take the time to investigate the issue for you and the timestamps, the repeated offense by only yourself, and the fact that no other provider (that I'm aware of) has reported double posting issues an hour apart tends to discredit your story. It's fine if you do not wish to post on ECCIE again. No one makes anyone post anywhere they do not wish to participate. And at your wish I will close the thread.