Idea for New Orleans old airport terminal?

Phoenixx,

Thanks for digging up all that information about the current situation for prostitution in Germany. That is really interesting.
I have been in Germany many times, but it has been many, many years since I went to a brothel. Actually only had a session once in one of them. I knew street prostitution was illegal, but I don’t participate in that anyway, anywhere in the world.
I didn’t realize that law enforcement was as aggressive in Germany as you mention.

Lena,

I am sure you are right that even if prostitution was made legal in some form in the US, law enforcement would be tough, perhaps worse than now, for any providers not following the rules. In general, US puts way too much emphasis on punishment for crimes than trying to prevent them by other means.

https://www.theguardian.com/cities/2...infrastructure

In other places, the original proposal would be openly discussed in the City
Council chambers. What we are looking at now is knocking down hundreds of millions of dollars of usable buildings and trucking the rubble into a landfill. Culture of repression and economic waste. Mindless.
That part!

The distinction between legalization and decriminalization is momentous. I fear here in the US, if legalization were implemented, LE will be even more aggressive towards unregulated sex workers (mainly those who're more marginalized and lack access and resources) than police officers in Germany and other European countries. Originally Posted by Lena Duvall

^ I agree Lena.

One of the ways Germany recently regulated prostitution included requiring sex workers to register with their full names, home, & work addresses. Under the new regulation police are allowed to do "checks" at your place of work any time they want with no warrant!

Of course non-citizens aren't allowed to do sex work legally, and this new law allowed police to bust various brothels where migrants were working.
This thread made me so nostalgic for Berlin! I've been to Tempelhof in the summer, and it's amazing, especially if you're a nerd for parks.