Taiwan calls the flu like it should be

7.62mm worth of trouble. Originally Posted by Jacuzzme
Yep that would take care a lot of the problems, lol.
"Getting in trouble for it". Is that your polite way of saying getting disappeared? Originally Posted by eccielover
You could put it that way, yes!
Maybe the bright spot in all this, I hope, is that we start moving away from China in a big way. Today some stooge in China actually threatened that they could hold back all the drugs made in China and cause panic and deaths in America.

Right now, today we should start producing all the drugs necessary for our country to function if China completely cut off all drug shipments.

Do you know that there is no penicillin produced in this country? How fucking crazy is that? This has to end no matter what it costs to make happen.

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/healt...upply-n1052376

U.S. officials worried about Chinese control of American drug supply

Antibiotics, which turn life-threatening infections into minor nuisances, are considered the single biggest advance in modern medicine.
But imagine if the supply of antibiotics to the United States was suddenly cut off.
American national security officials are worrying about that scenario as they come to grips with this little understood fact: The vast majority of key ingredients for drugs that many Americans rely on are manufactured abroad, mostly in China.
As the U.S. defense establishment grows increasingly concerned about China's potentially hostile ambitions, the pharmaceutical supply chain is receiving new scrutiny.
"If China shut the door on exports of medicines and their key ingredients and raw material, U.S. hospitals and military hospitals and clinics would cease to function within months, if not days," said Rosemary Gibson, author of a book on the subject, "China Rx."
Or, Gibson told NBC News, China could potentially "weaponize our medicines. They can sell us medicines without any medicine in them. They can sell medicines that have lethal contaminants in it."
Other generic drugs whose key ingredients are manufactured in China include medicines for blood pressure medicine, Alzheimer's, Parkinson's, epilepsy and depression, Gibson says.
"We can't make penicillin anymore," said Gibson. "The last penicillin plant in the United States closed in 2004."

"Basically we've outsourced our entire industry to China," retired Brig. Gen. John Adams told NBC News. "That is a strategic vulnerability."
the upside here is that the virus exposed the supply chain vulnerabilities with china.

I also think we should tariff american companies for bringing in made in china products to u.s. at the expense of american jobs and production.
the upside here is that the virus exposed the supply chain vulnerabilities with china.

I also think we should tariff american companies for bringing in made in china products to u.s. at the expense of american jobs and production. Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
If I were in the drug manufacturing business I'd feel good about my prospects - though the paperwork would be a hassle.