ideas from Republicans

• Tiny
  • 01-22-2022, 05:28 PM
Corporate tax cuts

Deregulation

Republicans are a little better when it comes to spending. And the few politicians who won't brook pork are Republicans.

Also I believe at the state and local levels, the Republicans are often the better administrators. You see this reflected in some blue states like Massachusetts and Maryland and perhaps now Virginia that have elected Republican governors. Charlie Baker in Massachusetts and Larry Hogan in Maryland are very popular.

Barleycorn had some good ones, like energy independence, Operation Warp Speed, and my personal favorite, Republicans are more inclined to let the states do their own thing. Governance and public services and taxation closest to the people, meaning at the local and state level, works best.
Why, oh why would we stand against Trump when he was helping the country? Which begs the question, when are you going to stand against Biden when it is obvious that he is not helping the country at all.
Waiting for Republicans to stand up against Trump. We shall see. Originally Posted by VitaMan
Why would they cut their own throats?
  • Tiny
  • 01-23-2022, 07:31 AM
Why, oh why would we stand against Trump when he was helping the country? Which begs the question, when are you going to stand against Biden when it is obvious that he is not helping the country at all. Originally Posted by the_real_Barleycorn
Because he’s a liar, a narcissist, a crooked businessman, and tried to steal the 2020 election? As much as I may have liked some of his policies, and as much as I may detest Biden’s, I’m not standing behind Trump.
Remember that very first day of Biden’s presidency, when he sat at the desk and signed order after order, cancelling out all of President Trump’s accomplishments.

He could simply bring every one of those back out and sign them back in to law.

But he is a stupid piece of shit. In reality, a old, senile, stupid, inept corrupt piece of shit.

I have absolutely no respect for the man. And it isn’t just because of recent events. Biden has been a corrupt piece of shit his entire political career. He personifies all that is bad in American Politics.
Because he’s a liar, a narcissist, a crooked businessman, and tried to steal the 2020 election? As much as I may have liked some of his policies, and as much as I may detest Biden’s, I’m not standing behind Trump. Originally Posted by Tiny
He's a liar...maybe, he definitely stretches the definition of flummery.
He's a narcissist...of course, what politician isn't a narcissist. Just check out Trump towers decor.
He's a crooked businessman...actually, he is a New York City businessman. Things that would be considered crooked in Kansas City are just the way things are done in the rotten apple.
He tried to steal the 2020 election? Well, this is problematic as Hillary tried (but not as hard) in 2016. Also, everything that he did was LEGAL. In fact, that has been a defining hallmark of the Trump years, what he did was LEGAL unlike the Clintons or Obama. Did he contest the election...yes. Was he public about it? Yes. Did he seek legal avenues of redress? Yes. Did he arrest hundreds of people who disagreed with his viewpoint? Nope, that was Biden. Did he accuse the opposition of being racists? Nope, once again, the democrats.

None of the four things you mentioned disqualify a person from being president or being a good president. Most of his life was lived in the public eye. Joe's life is pretty hidden.

You want people to disavow Trump? You'd better come up with REAL things that he is guilty of and that hurt the country. Otherwise, you sound like a fool outside, in the dark, baying at the moon.
None of the four things you mentioned disqualify a person from being president or being a good president.
Apparently "Tiny" wasn't old enough yet to vote for JFK or LBJ*.

Either one of those guys would steal the white out of chickenshit.

*Most notable was The Gulf of Tonkin LIE!

As for Bill Clinton he standard the standard for perjury, which was confirmed by a Federal Judge. He was lying about sexual harassment of subordinates!!!!!! Any private company "president" or "executive officer" would have summarily dismissed and have been ....

And he no doubt voted for him!
  • Tiny
  • 01-23-2022, 09:53 AM
Apparently "Tiny" wasn't old enough yet to vote for JFK or LBJ*.

Either one of those guys would steal the white out of chickenshit.

*Most notable was The Gulf of Tonkin LIE!

As for Bill Clinton he standard the standard for perjury, which was confirmed by a Federal Judge. He was lying about sexual harassment of subordinates!!!!!! Any private company "president" or "executive officer" would have summarily dismissed and have been ....

And he no doubt voted for him! Originally Posted by LexusLover
I was indeed too young to vote for JFK and LBJ.

I voted for George H W Bush and Bob Dole. Looking back though, Clinton, and a Republican Congress, did a darn good job in his 2nd term.

It would be interesting to know whether you voted for JFK, LBJ, and Bill Clinton . And If you didn’t vote for them, why not, given your party affiliation.

I do suspect LBJ stole a Senate seat.: Daley probably fabricated votes in 1960, but Illinois wouldn’t have been enough to swing the election to Nixon. However I don’t know much about either election. Those occurred 60+ years ago. They were tight elections, and it was probably a lot easier to steal votes. Trump lost in 2020 by 74 electoral and 7 million popular votes. It wasn’t a squeaker, like Bush/Gore.
  • Tiny
  • 01-23-2022, 10:07 AM
He's a liar...maybe, he definitely stretches the definition of flummery.
He's a narcissist...of course, what politician isn't a narcissist. Just check out Trump towers decor.
He's a crooked businessman...actually, he is a New York City businessman. Things that would be considered crooked in Kansas City are just the way things are done in the rotten apple.
He tried to steal the 2020 election? Well, this is problematic as Hillary tried (but not as hard) in 2016. Also, everything that he did was LEGAL. In fact, that has been a defining hallmark of the Trump years, what he did was LEGAL unlike the Clintons or Obama. Did he contest the election...yes. Was he public about it? Yes. Did he seek legal avenues of redress? Yes. Did he arrest hundreds of people who disagreed with his viewpoint? Nope, that was Biden. Did he accuse the opposition of being racists? Nope, once again, the democrats.

None of the four things you mentioned disqualify a person from being president or being a good president. Most of his life was lived in the public eye. Joe's life is pretty hidden.

You want people to disavow Trump? You'd better come up with REAL things that he is guilty of and that hurt the country. Otherwise, you sound like a fool outside, in the dark, baying at the moon. Originally Posted by the_real_Barleycorn
If Pence had acted as Trump instructed we might have had something like a civil war. Or more likely a violent transition that would have gone against 200+ years of democratic tradition and made the USA look like a banana republic. You make some good points. I believe elected officials should be held to higher standards than you do, although yes, that’s perhaps too much to expect given their character.