A Profile In Integrity...

• WTF
  • 08-19-2022, 10:50 AM
We get you dont like Reagan. We get you dont like much of anything. Except high gas prices.

This Country saw 8 of its greatest years under Reagan. Then 4 more with his VP as President. It was a good time to be alive. Originally Posted by winn dixie
You need to follow the yellow brick road to Oz and ask for a brain if you think I do not like Ronnie. He was very likeable even when he had dementia, he was jovial. Kinda like Joey B.

And those were not great years if you were in the oil patch!

Ronnie made a deal with the Saudi's to pump oil till the sun don't shine and then pump some more. In exchange we'd provide them arms and training. This led to the collapse of the USSR , a good thing... although it was only temporary and the rise of Osama bin and 9/11, a not so good of thing.

But one could argue that the business cycle benefited Ronnie and Clinton and was unfortunate to both Carter and Bush Sr.

I do wish you well down the road to Oz!
I voted for him first time he ran. Of course by today’s standards, he’d be a Democrat.

He actually suffered from Alzheimer’s during his second term and didn’t know what day it was, or the difference between a vegetable and a condiment.

Not without his foreign policy sleazery either, if you care to recall. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
History repeats itself, lol.
  • WTF
  • 08-19-2022, 12:52 PM
History repeats itself, lol. Originally Posted by Levianon17
Well there you go again...
History repeats itself, lol. Originally Posted by Levianon17
I’m certain he wasn’t suffering when he sabotaged Carter’s efforts to get the hostages back from Iran.

Or funneled arms to the Sandinistas.

Beyond that … please produce your medical degree or at least health care bona fides. You’re a broken record that keeps skipping, skipping, skipping.
Well there you go again... Originally Posted by WTF
Mondale in interviews is on record saying. "When Reagan said that phrase, I knew it was all over".

IMO Those were respectable times in politics.
  • WTF
  • 08-19-2022, 02:38 PM
Mondale in interviews is on record saying. "When Reagan said that phrase, I knew it was all over".

IMO Those were respectable times in politics. Originally Posted by winn dixie
I agree...one of the main reasons of lost civility in politics and in general I've read is the doing away with the draft. All used to have at least that commonality. That all ended with Clinton beating both Bush Sr and Dole.

I'd argue the internet has made it even worse.

Reagan accidentally contributed to this lack of civility by arming a shit pile of economic guru's with the false notion that tax cuts are the answer to all!

They think that we can spend more and tax less, like Ronnie....even though Ronnie actually raised taxes on the poor and middle class and cut taxes for the rich!
I’m certain he wasn’t suffering when he sabotaged Carter’s efforts to get the hostages back from Iran.

Or funneled arms to the Sandinistas.

Beyond that … please produce your medical degree or at least health care bona fides. You’re a broken record that keeps skipping, skipping, skipping. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
Where is your medical degree to claim Reagan was suffering from Alzheimer during his second term?
  • Tiny
  • 08-19-2022, 03:44 PM
I agree...one of the main reasons of lost civility in politics and in general I've read is the doing away with the draft. All used to have at least that commonality. That all ended with Clinton beating both Bush Sr and Dole.

I'd argue the internet has made it even worse.

Reagan accidentally contributed to this lack of civility by arming a shit pile of economic guru's with the false notion that tax cuts are the answer to all!

They think that we can spend more and tax less, like Ronnie....even though Ronnie actually raised taxes on the poor and middle class and cut taxes for the rich! Originally Posted by WTF
1. Texas Contrarian has shown that the modifications to the tax law you're talking about actually did the opposite. They increased the proportion of taxes paid by the rich.

2. Where did said budget and tax legislation originate? Answer: In Tip O'Neill's House of Representatives. Since you're a young whippersnapper, I will expand on that. During the entirety of Ronald Reagan's two terms in office, Democrats controlled the House of Representatives.
  • WTF
  • 08-19-2022, 05:59 PM
1. Texas Contrarian has shown that the modifications to the tax law you're talking about actually did the opposite. They increased the proportion of taxes paid by the rich.

2. Where did said budget and tax legislation originate? Answer: In Tip O'Neill's House of Representatives. Since you're a young whippersnapper, I will expand on that. During the entirety of Ronald Reagan's two terms in office, Democrats controlled the House of Representatives. Originally Posted by Tiny
1) Did TC provide an article discussing the huge tax increase on the poor and middle class in the form of the 1986 SS reform?

2) Veto....you ever heard of it. The Senate, ever heard of them? Wasn't it GOP controlled? Reconciliation? Heard of that?

Plus and I should not have to remind you of this....Reagan want huge Defense spending increases, of course Tip gave them to him as long as Tip got his pet projects.

All Reagan did was get folks like you and lusty to ignore debt and deficits.

Democrats have never cared about deficit spending, Reagan taught yall not to either.

That is why I hate his policy so.

He have convinced otherwise perfectly rational folks that the Rooster calls the sunrise!
Where is your medical degree to claim Reagan was suffering from Alzheimer during his second term? Originally Posted by Levianon17
Don’t be goofy.

https://amp.theguardian.com/world/20...-president-son
Ronald Reagan

Greatest President Ever

A true role model
Don’t be goofy.

https://amp.theguardian.com/world/20...-president-son Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
So his Son diagnosed him five years before he was medically diagnosed, Ok
  • WTF
  • 08-20-2022, 11:22 AM
Ronald Reagan

Greatest President Ever

A true role model Originally Posted by winn dixie
Role model???

Why do you spend more than you make, then blame it on your wife/husband and then expect your kids and grandkids to take care of you????

If so join Tiny and his pal lustylad, they subscribe to the exact same economic mentality!

Brought to you by you Role Model, Ronnie Reagan.

I did admire his ability to sell bullshit to those who I'd thought knew better.
So his Son diagnosed him five years before he was medically diagnosed, Ok Originally Posted by Levianon17
Yep.

I also have a pal who worked in Reagan’s White House who said the same.
Yep.

I also have a pal who worked in Reagan’s White House who said the same. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
I don't recall noticing Reagan acting particularly unusual during his second term. But I am noticing odd behavior with Biden and he hasn't finished his first term.