Cancelling and rescheduling…

I use to always have the number of a couple of Studio's in my cel just in case I got cancelled. Turns out my plan B became my Plan A and I have enjoyed to hobby allot more.
Thank you love… I’m starting to think this potential client was overreacting nonetheless I will always try to make it up to my client if I had to cancel or reschedule.
Thank you all for replying and giving your opinion on this important subject.
I had a provider I had contacted and scheduled to see for the first time on p411. Everything was great until the day of whenever she unapologetically canceled because of family issues she said, which happens, but she never contacted me back to reschedule.

The thing is, whenever you keep canceling on clients and potential clients for the EXACT same issue, there is definitely a problem there. Now, you may have so many clients that it doesn't really matter to you, but when the pattern of multiple clients reporting that you canceled on them for the same reason, it becomes very evident and not what potential and clients are looking for in a consistent provider.
I think the largest unintended consequence is that the client is hesitant to reach out and book if they have limited windows on a particular day or week for "play" time. Even if the lady is their preference, if they feel there's a decent shot it may get cancelled for any reason, valid or otherwise, they'll book with an option that they have a higher level of confidence that the appointment will happen. Otherwise, they are risking not being able to reuse the reason they have snuck away for fun (doctors appointment, meet up with friends, etc...) within a short time span and have to wait until that window opens up again.
Wow:.. that’s never thought about it like that. Now I feel really bad. I have to rethink my booking strategy so that everyone is happy… including family.
I was cancelled once long ago enroute to a long awaited double with a favorite and her friend.

15 minutes out - I get a "Sorry can't make it was in an accident" then radio silence for a couple of days.

Then she started pestering me for a makeup, some way to show her appreciation and even though I was pissed off and really wanted to ditch her - I agreed to something extravagant....

I showed up, she was still black and blue, and a steel thing sticking out of her arm holding her broken forearm together.

Ever since, I never question a cancel. If it seems to be a habit, I move on to others. Originally Posted by mtabsw
Okay mtabsw, not to get sidetracked or be insensitive here - but just purely out of curiosity, I really need to know what happened once you did show up to see that sight. Sounds…interesting. And, how…you know what - never mind. Lol!
I think it says something positive about you that you even mention this issue because at least you seem to care lol. As others have said some of us have more or less flexibility so canceling is more or less of an issue but we still don’t like it ;-) If you genuinely try to reschedule and offer some bonus or make up benefit ( lower price or more time maybe ) then I think that might be the best option.
Well looks like I am done rescheduling/cancelling… I need to make up for all those times. I don’t want to be known as the girl who always has an excuse to cancel or reschedule. I mean come on… I would much rather be working and making money than doing something else. Family comes first yes and I’ll take care of them but I’m trying to run a successful business here too AND I honestly enjoy my clients. Eh… let’s see what happens.
Yes knowing asap is important.
Personally I don't hobby close to home. The sooner the better. Especially If it's a first meet.

I've scheduled with provider before where I drove an hour and I'm in the area waiting. And nothing finally 15 mins after the appointment was supposed to start I get a call from her to cancel. Apparently completely out of the norm for this provider. But it was a NCNS to me. I haven't tried to book her again.

I've also had a provider I've seen several times cancel 2 hour before hand. And offer a 30% discount for the trouble.
Gave me time to schedule someone else. And I got to see one of my favorites at a discount.

If the first provider that NCNS offerd a discount I may have still tried again. She offers services I'm very interested in and I probably would have been a semi regular.

So if you notify asap and offer a discount on a cancel. I doubt you would lose out on new regulars.