40 cal. Ammo, anyone?

Reloading is your friend...
  • jeydd
  • 04-03-2013, 08:29 PM
I wish all these idiots would stop panicking about there guns and bullets being taken away, I haven't been able to find bullets either for about 5 months now. This shot has to stop!!
Cheaper Than Dirt in McKinney,
and B&S in Garland. Lots of ammo.
I use 9mm, .380, .45 and .22LR. ALL are very hard to find. The best place I've found locally is Cheaper than Dirt (Ft Worth and McKinney) but prices have literally doubled in the last 4-5 weeks
I got some at cabelas in rockwall they weren't crazy expensive but they didn't have a whole lot either.
If you get to academy in the mornings when they open I have been able to find most calibers. They limit you on quanity but have reasonable prices.
I got some at cabelas in rockwall they weren't crazy expensive but they didn't have a whole lot either. Originally Posted by redriverronin

There is not a Cabelas in Rockwall.
Try ammo depot in Cado Mills, they had plenty and not a rip off
You have to go to Walmart at 7 AM when they are loading the case. Max 3 boxes per type. They have Not increased their prices!
I belong and am a member to this gun range and store. http://www.targetmasters.com/ It's in Garland. I get 10% off everything... ammo and any accessories... except for guns. You don't have to be a member there either to buy anything.

They got plenty of ammo there. And I just picked up some 40 S&W ammo for Ms. Pistol Marks with my 10% discount.
I've always found .40 in stock at www.bulkammo.com and they ship the same day.
Bumping an old thread - so shoot me* - but just a reminder - If Hillary wins it's a sure bet the ammo shortage will start again. So pick up what you need now.

I started reloading and it gives me great comfort knowing I'm safe from future panics and shooting for a much lower cost/round.

*Pun intended
Hit Academy on Tuesdays. That is when their truck comes in.
  • grean
  • 03-11-2016, 03:09 PM
Get a Lee Press (basic 150 or multi stage 400 or so) and buy your components online. Used brass is cheap.

It's a bit expensive at first but for all calibers. 357 and up, it very quickly pays for itself.
I can usually find .40 at Gander Mountain...not cheap but not the CTD rip off mark up !